Mark Travers

Heard at the ground earlier that Begovic had cleared his stuff and said goodbye already. I see others have heard similar.

Can't ask for a better debut really, what a day for Travers

I put the game on pause at the end, and just caught up.
Huge respect to Lloris, who at the end spoke to Travers and obviously gave him a big well done.
The only bit of class by Spurs all day.

Bye Asmir..........Ka Ching!!!!!!!!!Let"s sell his A$$ and buy some midfield!!!!!! Mark......WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Mark Travers started his career in Ireland for a club called, wait for it
CHERRY ORCHARD FC and they play in, wait for it
Red and Black stripes........
A club insider said that some at the Vitality Stadium believe Travers is the best keeper on the club's books, even better than the senior players.
This guy was destined to play for us.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Orchard_F.C.

As none of us know what has been said this week, maybe Artur will be actually fine with Travers getting a chance in this game, when we are safe for another season. Probably quite supportive, he knows he won't be playing forever.

If you think about it Travers looking like he's up to being our main back up keeper could improve Boruc's chance of being our number 1 next year. I can't imagine he begrudged it as much as when he got dropped for Begovic.

If you think about it Travers looking like he's up to being our main back up keeper could improve Boruc's chance of being our number 1 next year. I can't imagine he begrudged it as much as when he got dropped for Begovic.
I think he did very well really. Some good saves and a couple of great ones. Plus he was active in gee-ing up the team from the back and good at commanding his box.

Looked as if he'd played in the EPL for some time. Cool head, good shot stopper and distribution looked OK. Well done the lad and to EH for giving him the chance.
Sky MOM.

After the game, you can see why Eddie had faith in him. Could be rated as one of the finest debuts by any player in any position. Didn't seem to do anything wrong at all. Having said that, Andy Jones and Luther Blissett both had tasty debuts. Also, if Begs has gone, we would need an immediate back up to Boric. Give the lad experience in a dead rubber, makes perfect sense ........... after a clean sheet and a few worldys. :grinning:

The most impressive part of his performance was that header. How many times do you see a young keeper either rush out rashly to try and make an impact and get nowhere near the ball or nervously retreat to nomansland.

He took a decisive decision and executed it perfectly. Very impressive for someone with literally no professional first team experience.

;