Mark Travers

Fantastic performance - looks like he will have a great future with us - but can't stand the word 'buzzing'!!! Excited, fantastic, thrilled, delighted... there are so many alternatives. If we can help Wilson to overcome his 'yes..no' response to any question - surely we can stop players saying 'buzzing'. Rant over :rant:

Well that was fun. Bit of romance back in the game. Reminds me of those Alf Tupper comic book stories when the apprentice gets asked to weld through the night and then wins a gold medal the next day despite having forgotten to bring his running shoes with him.

The reality is that Travers has a way to go yet but this experience is one hell of a foundation to build on. I hope to see him play at Palace and then let’s see what he and Ramsdale can do in pre-season.

Just seen it on MOTD....Christ...Spurs should of had three at least in the first 30 minutes.
Travers...facing a massive test ....against players that usually bury chances like that.......
His performance reminded me of some from David Best and Roger Jones in their rookie days! And this being the top league ! Exciting ....!
Not expecting him as first choice just yet but its a healthy situation!

Just seen it on MOTD....Christ...Spurs should of had three at least in the first 30 minutes.
Travers...facing a massive test ....against players that usually bury chances like that.......
His performance reminded me of some from David Best and Roger Jones in their rookie days! And this being the top league ! Exciting ....!
Not expecting him as first choice just yet but its a healthy situation!
Not seen repeats yet, but they certainly should have placed a couple beyond his reach. The fact they didn't is their fault, he can only save what he is dealt, and did that superbly

Travers' performance yesterday reduces the pressure significantly on signing a replacement for Begovic, which should also help us in any negotiations.

Obviously he made a string of good saves, but I think I was most impressed with how comfortable he was with the ball at his feet. For a young goalkeeper making his debut i would have expected some visible nerves, but that wasn't apparent at all.

Well done Mark.

It does make you wonder if funds are limited so we need to splash out on Butland. With Ramsdale looking fantastic are we not better extending Borucs contract and going with the three we have? We can then use the cash to buy an outfield player.
As others have said. I reckon Eddie is deciding if he should go with the keepers we've got including Ramsdale and omitting Begovic.

Howe and Moss will have seen far more of him and Ramsdale to know if they have the quality.

Ramsdale’s loan at Wimbledon and Travers experience gained from Spurs and Palace will prove invaluable, but it won’t be enough to prove either are up to Premier League levels.

It would be a massive gamble to not go out and get a proper number one.

I hope Eddie gives one the youngsters a chance and signs Boruc for another year as back up. Jamie Redknapp on sky said he had all the attributes to become a top class keeper. Agree with another on here the most impressive bit for me was that header he came out for and the fact that he never panicked with the ball at his feet. I hope we use the 15 - 20m saved and the money we're likely to get from Begovic wisely for the long term future of our club.

It’s an interesting situation. If we bought in say Butland, kept Boruc, Kept Ramsdale maybe Travers can go and get a loan at a championship club for a season? But then Ramsdale who looks quality is our number 3 and not getting any match action.

Howe and Moss will have seen far more of him and Ramsdale to know if they have the quality.

Ramsdale’s loan at Wimbledon and Travers experience gained from Spurs and Palace will prove invaluable, but it won’t be enough to prove either are up to Premier League levels.

It would be a massive gamble to not go out and get a proper number one.

You are probably right. I’m old fashioned and hate spending big on keepers! Fulham loaned Sergio Rico for the season and he has been excellent (despite the dodgy defence in front of him) I’d rather do that than spend some of the money we have been talked about for Butland. Then go splash out on a class centre mid.

;