Mihai Dobre

If we sell King and Wilson I don't see Brooks being sold unless an absolute blockbuster of a bid comes in for him. I'm reasonably confident that nobody will want to risk that money until he's completed another injury free season after his record. So I fully expect him to stay.

Kilkenny is the wildcard here. Made the bench in the PL a couple of times and looked very tasty preseason. If he has a breakthrough year then we have four wide attacking options.

If we sell King and Wilson I don't see Brooks being sold unless an absolute blockbuster of a bid comes in for him. I'm reasonably confident that nobody will want to risk that money until he's completed another injury free season after his record. So I fully expect him to stay.

Kilkenny is the wildcard here. Made the bench in the PL a couple of times and looked very tasty preseason. If he has a breakthrough year then we have four wide attacking options.

Did Kilkenny play on the wing? Seems more like a central player to me. So’s Brooks though I guess.

From the little we've seen of him I'd say he looks like a versatile attacking midfielder so could play wide or also be deployed in the middle. Not a chalk dust on his boots traditional winger by any means but will likely play out there a lot during his career.

Of course, that's based on only glimpses.

We only have Brooks, Danjuma and Stanislas as wingers now. One of which is injury prone, and two of which have been linked with moves away (and one of which is better as a No10). New wingers are a massive priority.

We could certainly get some loans in from the PL (perhaps Dan James, Gray, a City youth?) but we need to sign some permanently. A player I’ve been quite impressed with in the Championship is Harry Cornick, he could be a decent, cheapish option imo, plus might link well with Stacey. I’m sure there’s dozens of other names too.
Can't see anyone taking Danjuma so he'll still be here, wasn't it his wonderful back pass without looking that Ake had to retrieve.

We only have Brooks, Danjuma and Stanislas as wingers now. One of which is injury prone, and two of which have been linked with moves away (and one of which is better as a No10). New wingers are a massive priority.

We could certainly get some loans in from the PL (perhaps Dan James, Gray, a City youth?) but we need to sign some permanently. A player I’ve been quite impressed with in the Championship is Harry Cornick, he could be a decent, cheapish option imo, plus might link well with Stacey. I’m sure there’s dozens of other names too.
Out of those 3, which is the one you think is injury prone ?....;)

Saw him a few times, didn't always perform, was brilliant in flashes. Not really bothered about losing him. Still a long way from the first team, better for him to go and chase first team football and more money than we expected or deserved, good work all round

I saw him in a few friendlies and it looked like he needed an extra touch compared to others. He did have raw pace and a good shot

Saw him a few times, didn't always perform, was brilliant in flashes. Not really bothered about losing him. Still a long way from the first team, better for him to go and chase first team football and more money than we expected or deserved, good work all round

Talked about becoming the new Messi ....
Obviously a long way to go there !

The fire sale continues then....:fish:
https://www.football-addict.com/en/...ly-over-market-value/5f32c207111d2f0008aafdbd

In all seriousness I’m disappointed we never got to see him play but €1m is obviously too much for us to turn down. I would like to see more of these type of low risk signings, especially if we can sell on for good fees even if it doesn’t work out
That’s great business for us ! How often has our youth setup brought us a player sale worth €1m ? This is a damn good start. If we can knock out players worth 1m plus to other clubs, we must be doing something right. I hope we continue to produce players that not just we but also other clubs see value in. If we have no immediate need we can sell. If we have a place for them we keep hold. More of the same please, great stuff and decidedly un-tinpot !

;