Mihai Dobre

Have high hopes for Surridge, Dobre, Ofoborh, Travers, Kilkenny, Saydee, Jordan, Camp and loads more I've probably forgotten. I think all of these players have the potential to be Premier League or Championship players.

Have high hopes for Surridge, Dobre, Ofoborh, Travers, Kilkenny, Saydee, Jordan, Camp and loads more I've probably forgotten. I think all of these players have the potential to be Premier League or Championship players.
This is the most exciting group of youngsters we’ve ever had. Surridge really excites me as I think he is a natural goal scorer and already has goals under his belt against championship and premiere league teams. Kilkenny looks a bit special from what I saw of him in pre season, his ability to manipulate the ball in tight situations seems to be at a very high level, I know it was only a friendly but he looked class against a very strong Lyon side. Ofoborh looked as good as any of our other central midfielders in pre season too. Travers shot stopping ability seems to be exceptional, he could have easily done a job as number 1 this season imo although he is admittedly still very rough around the edges. I am also itching to see what Dobre can do in a competitive environment. I know it’s unfashionable to say but part of me wouldn’t be too bothered about getting relegated if it meant that we could start integrating our younger players into the starting 11.

I know it’s unfashionable to say but part of me wouldn’t be too bothered about getting relegated if it meant that we could start integrating our younger players into the starting 11.
Exactly. That would be the positive we could get from relegation. It’s very likely that we would build our Championship side around the younger players. Hopefully we can then return to the PL with a refreshed and highly motivated younger squad. So even if the worst should happen, we still have reasons to be positive about the future.
:utc:

Can anyone explain this? He's unable to get in a 20 man Wigan matchday squad yet is staying on loan there until the end of the season.

I watched Alex in most of our under 23 games this season and he was a regular goalscorer using his pace, shooting ability and skillful trickery. Along with the under used Surridge, Dobre should be sat on our bench not languishing with another team 300 miles away!

Can anyone explain this? He's unable to get in a 20 man Wigan matchday squad yet is staying on loan there until the end of the season.

I watched Alex in most of our under 23 games this season and he was a regular goalscorer using his pace, shooting ability and skillful trickery. Along with the under used Surridge, Dobre should be sat on our bench not languishing with another team 300 miles away!
He can’t sit on our bench and since we have no reserve games, at least having him in a professional environment with a chance of getting football is better than him sat on his a**e

i think he got injured before the break and is probably trying to get back to full fitness.

Story from nine days ago.

Last three paras.

The wingers should be playing key roles in not only creating chances but scoring too.

Last season wingers scored 13 league goals for Latics, at an average of one every 3.5 games. So far this season wingers have scored 5 league goals in 33 games, an average of one every 6.6 games.

Cook needs wingers who are fully fit, played in their best positions and in-form. Given the indifferent form of so many of them there is a case for giving Bournemouth loan player Alex Dobre an opportunity.

https://threeamigoswigan.com/category/specials/

Just check Dominic Solanke's U21 record.

You might change your mind watching this.

My point is that Dobre and Surridge have a hunger to score goals and progress. Not sure what has happened to Solanke. For the England age teams he played centre forward.

IMHO our squad seem to be too complacent and comfortable.

Last edited:
You might change your mind watching this.

My point is that Dobre and Surridge have a hunger to score goals and progress. Not sure what has happened to Solanke. For the England age teams he played centre forward.

IMHO our squad seem to be too complacent and comfortable.
Come on he can't make the bench at Wigan, but you think he should play for us. I agree what's the point staying there if he's not even going to make the bench.
Is a bit puzzling to have to left backs on the bench and no surridge

Come on he can't make the bench at Wigan, but you think he should play for us. I agree what's the point staying there if he's not even going to make the bench.
Is a bit puzzling to have to left backs on the bench and no surridge

Yes. The evidence is in the youtube clip and all the goals he scored this year for the U21's and u23's.

;