Mihai Dobre

That is a surprise but if it is about £1 million and they don't see him as making a breakthrough next season then fair enough. Four years development with the club and a healthy profit. Sometimes that's what the youth system is about. Not to the extent that Chelsea create with their player farm but with a few of the graduates that don't quite make the grade then that's fine.

Hmmm, hardly played though did he, scored a beaut for Rochdale, got a haorcut and talked about Christiano Ronaldo. Not that surprised to let him go, hopefully he'l find his level

Did someone mention Rochdale :throw:?

In all seriousness I am a little surprised, given how light we may be going forwards I thought Dobre would have a part to play here next season - all be it a fringe / backup part.

Wish him well, hopefully he feels his years here were good for development and not a waste.

Unbelievable.. a prolific scorer in the youth football for Bournemouth.....and off to France.
Christ..we are a division lower now...
..I don't get this club ...I really don't !
Why have a youth team then ? If its not to benefit US !

Hopefully this means we will not be totally relying on youngsters next season. On Dobre personally, I have literally never seen him play but he didn’t get a look in at Wigan so that must mean something...

The Wigan loan was strange. Joined in Jan for the rest of the season but his only appearance came as a sub when they were already 7-0 up or something. Not sure what they wanted with him really, or why they extended the loan for the extra part of the season.

For what it's worth, I watched some of that Wigan match as who doesn't like to see a team get boshed for ten? In his time on the pitch he looked decent. Very tidy on the ball and good going forwards. It has to be said though that the opposition were totally bedraggled at that stage so it's probably not the best game on which to judge him.

Unbelievable.. a prolific scorer in the youth football for Bournemouth.....and off to France.
Christ..we are a division lower now...
..I don't get this club ...I really don't !
Why have a youth team then ? If its not to benefit US !

Lots of players are prolific at youth level. Doesn't mean they'll push on as an adult. Very few do.

I trust the people who watch and work with the youth players on a daily basis to judge if they are likely to ever be part of our first team. We may be a division lower, but the Championship is still a very high quality level of football. Why keep hold of someone who is unlikely to break into your team? It's not fair on them.

£1 million in the coffers.....that should get us a poor mans Brad Smith !
Hey ho ..Onwards and upwards !

Note: I'm expecting derision for my opinions..so roll em out ! :Fingers:. :whist:

We only have Brooks, Danjuma and Stanislas as wingers now. One of which is injury prone, and two of which have been linked with moves away (and one of which is better as a No10). New wingers are a massive priority.

We could certainly get some loans in from the PL (perhaps Dan James, Gray, a City youth?) but we need to sign some permanently. A player I’ve been quite impressed with in the Championship is Harry Cornick, he could be a decent, cheapish option imo, plus might link well with Stacey. I’m sure there’s dozens of other names too.

On Dobre, I’m a little disappointed to be selling him, seems to have a winning mentality and an excellent youth record, although £1 million is more than fair.

Bringing Harry back home eh? I've seen some good reports every now and again but not been following him too much

;