Milos Kerkez

If it's Chelsea, that's great news. They'll probably offer us about £70 million for him, which would be a nice profit.

Kerkez has liked it is the point.

Yes, I missed that. Might be a minion/agent/family member that has liked it rather than the player himself.

Even if it isn’t, a big attraction of playing for us is that it’s a shop window and stepping stone for a move on to bigger and better things, so it’s not that shocking - ill-advised perhaps.

Might be wrong, but from the way he plays, I don’t see Kerkez as one that’s going to down tools. Expect him to be here a couple of seasons at least.

When Dom was subbed off in the Luton match, he went and sat next to Kerkez. Milos did not look happy at all during the time he was on camera. I suspect something transpired in the wake of his yellow card and halftime substitution on Saturday. He's in Andoni's doghouse for one reason or another.

It's an odd situation... I'm a firm believer of round pegs in round holes and I 100% believe that Iraola got it wrong last night with Dango... He can do a job when we're chasing the game, but when you've a fit LB, and our only one, you play him... If Iraola benched Kerkez because of a disagreement or some head-turned social media stunt, then his pride almost saw us embarrassed last night. If there is no disagreement, then it can't have done much for Kerkez, seeing an impact sub playing his position ahead of him.

I like Kerkez, he's still got that 'energiser bunny' thing going on, but he's got better and better in the games I've seen. By all means bench him if you've a suitable replacement, and by that I mean another LB... Same as the Kelly situation. He should now only play if we are desperate (assuming he is still not gonna sign).

I think this summer could be a big one for us. We will need to sell someone to balance the books but I reckon we could see several potentially leave, including Dom, Kerkez, Zab and Kelly.

Kelly aside, those 3 could bring in a substantial transfer kitty...

When Dom was subbed off in the Luton match, he went and sat next to Kerkez. Milos did not look happy at all during the time he was on camera. I suspect something transpired in the wake of his yellow card and halftime substitution on Saturday. He's in Andoni's doghouse for one reason or another.
Possibly, but perhaps he was simply hacked off for being benched. Time will tell.

Hoping our club keep Zabarnyi, he is important to our defence and signed a five-and-a-half-year deal in January 2023.

So hopefully Foley will turn away any offers for him as he is trying to build a strong team to further the improve team and position in the table, looking ahead to next season onwards.

Hoping our club keep Zabarnyi, he is important to our defence and signed a five-and-a-half-year deal in January 2023.

So hopefully Foley will turn away any offers for him as he is trying to build a strong team to further the improve team and position in the table, looking ahead to next season onwards.
Wrong thread Billy. :wagging:

It's an odd situation... I'm a firm believer of round pegs in round holes and I 100% believe that Iraola got it wrong last night with Dango... He can do a job when we're chasing the game, but when you've a fit LB, and our only one, you play him... If Iraola benched Kerkez because of a disagreement or some head-turned social media stunt, then his pride almost saw us embarrassed last night. If there is no disagreement, then it can't have done much for Kerkez, seeing an impact sub playing his position ahead of him.

I like Kerkez, he's still got that 'energiser bunny' thing going on, but he's got better and better in the games I've seen. By all means bench him if you've a suitable replacement, and by that I mean another LB... Same as the Kelly situation. He should now only play if we are desperate (assuming he is still not gonna sign).

I think this summer could be a big one for us. We will need to sell someone to balance the books but I reckon we could see several potentially leave, including Dom, Kerkez, Zab and Kelly.

Kelly aside, those 3 could bring in a substantial transfer kitty...
I called dango starting vs Luton as offers more attacking threat than Kerkez and gives a short team more heading capability in a defensive capacity. No doubt Milos is a better defender but under AI it’s also a case of risk-reward too

Maybe, maybe not. They may just be managing his game time as he's been injured relatively recently. Or maybe Andoni thought the Dango/Sini combo did well against Sheffield United, so just wanted to see how they did. But, he might have annoyed him I suppose.

Or maybe Andoni thought the Dango/Sini combo did well against Sheffield United, so just wanted to see how they did.

Andoni’s a smart man, I don’t expect to see him make the same mistake twice.

For those two to be paired up again they need hours and hours on the training ground to understand their roles.

Sini is a great impact sub, as a starter he has defensive duties which so far are lacking. Double that up with someone learning the left back role and it’s a recipe for disaster.

Am I the only one who doesn’t really get the Kerkez hype? He’s had two or three very good games this season but has generally been very hit and miss for me. Everything he does seems to be very rash and rushed and I have been disappointed with the lack of threat he poses going forward. I know he’s young and any club is investing in potential but I’m very surprised that top clubs are considering him at this point, I would definitely sell for a profit and reinvest.

Andoni’s a smart man, I don’t expect to see him make the same mistake twice.

For those two to be paired up again they need hours and hours on the training ground to understand their roles.

Sini is a great impact sub, as a starter he has defensive duties which so far are lacking. Double that up with someone learning the left back role and it’s a recipe for disaster.
So, I've only watched the highlights, but it seemed to me that Sini was a resl danger going forward in the first half. He missed the chances, but a lot of what we did in the first half involved him. As for defence, I didn't see him defending much in the highlights, which is I suppose exactly what you're saying.

Call me old fashioned, but I’d rather we stick with and improve the current squad as far as we can rather than get too involved in some kind of revolving door transfer business. Sure we need more defensive cover as Kelly is one I see going, maybe Mepps too as he’d get more game time elsewhere , but I think Dom, Zab and Kerkez will all be with us next season. Bill has a project for AFCB. It takes time for new players to bed into Andoni’s game mentality anyway so why waste the time you’ve spent getting decent players used to it. I think Kerkez is decent, and exciting.As is Sini, Dango and Tavs when he’s on song.

Am I the only one who doesn’t really get the Kerkez hype? He’s had two or three very good games this season but has generally been very hit and miss for me. Everything he does seems to be very rash and rushed and I have been disappointed with the lack of threat he poses going forward. I know he’s young and any club is investing in potential but I’m very surprised that top clubs are considering him at this point, I would definitely sell for a profit and reinvest.

I know what you mean, but he has all tge ingredients to be a top class left back imo.

I reckon he's one of those that will suddenly 'click' and then he'll be immense on consistent basis (like zabs is now doing, despite all the doubters earlier in his career with us).

I'd like to see him play more (assuming he isn't overtly communicating he wants to move to someone like Chelsea...).

If/when he matures into player world football 'experts' believe he will be, we're potentially looking at 50 mill plus plsyer here.

Can see us getting more than 30 right now... so it's in all our interests to see him flourish. What with the background noise, it seems he's extremely ambitious and no doubt sees us a stepping stone... unlikely to be here as long as Ake.

;