Nat Phillips

If you’re talking about me which I assume you are, I have never said anything about Phillips ‘hoofing’ the ball. I actually think his ball playing abilities are quite decent, it’s his lack of pace and his rashness when challenging for the ball that would worry me more at PL level.
Fair enough, might've been a case of mistaken identity.

I think that’s the first good news story you’ve ever posted. Have you changed approach or did you not realise it was good news?
It's amusing. Like Golum and Smeagol. It's like the real Waz is bursting to emerge with the streams of negativity and hyperbole and hysterics (filthy forumses try to steal my precious forestes"), but then KK checks himself and remembers to write "I think". Definitely converging back towards Waz negativity and blinkered attitude. I predict it will take one loss for the true Waz to emerge and drown us all in 5,000 posts about Forest's amazing signings.

Reflecting on his loan spell with Bournemouth, the 25-year-old said: “I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed getting back on the pitch regularly again, I think that was important for me.

“It was nice to go in there with that goal of promotion and to achieve it at the end of the season.

“[Playing regularly] is what all players want to do and obviously I had to go away to go and do that. I enjoyed it. It’s important for me to keep doing that at the age I am now. It was a good opportunity and I’m glad that I took it.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/nat-phillips-nunez-test-promotion-and-pre-season-aims

Why are we wa***ng around (fill in the blanks competition) with cast offs....Koulibaily and Ake are available after all they are foreign (cheaper) and we MUUUUSSSSTTT have the money

Thing with Brewster he was only 20 when he joined Sheffield U and Williams 21, whereas Phillips is now 25.

As mentioned in article Phillips will want regular football at his age, so hopefully Liverpool will make their mind up sooner rather than later.

I liked Phillips, plus he gave his all and really looked happy when we scored and also got promoted, even though he was on loan.

Thing with Brewster he was only 20 when he joined Sheffield U and Williams 21, whereas Phillips is now 25.

As mentioned in article Phillips will want regular football at his age, so hopefully Liverpool will make their mind up sooner rather than later.

I liked Phillips, plus he gave his all and really looked happy when we scored and also got promoted, even though he was on loan.
Williams was a great deal for Forest. He's more than good enough to do a job in the premier league, whereas with Phillips it took a while for him to convince some he was consistently good enough in the championship. Anything 10 million and above would be a big gamble. We (IMO) would probably would be better off with an uninspiring signing like Mee on a free transfer, if he's still available.

Gonna be interesting to keep an eye on the system Parker uses in these games.

If it continues with a back 3 then it puts even more importance on the procurement of a defender or two. Lerma covers RCB in a push for Colombia sometimes, but he's no PL CB.

Gonna be interesting to keep an eye on the system Parker uses in these games.

If it continues with a back 3 then it puts even more importance on the procurement of a defender or two. Lerma covers RCB in a push for Colombia sometimes, but he's no PL CB.
I think he could be. If he remembers he can’t rash tackle as the last man. In brief spells there for us he has looked very good…. Until the rash tackle. The attributes are there, can SP and his team change the mental piece? They clearly have spotted the opportunity to use him there.

The bigger worry for me is a back three in the PL always becomes a back 5 unless you play it properly. Eddie and JT never managed it… I have doubts Scott will as he is more conservative than them.

I think he could be. If he remembers he can’t rash tackle as the last man. In brief spells there for us he has looked very good…. Until the rash tackle. The attributes are there, can SP and his team change the mental piece? They clearly have spotted the opportunity to use him there.

The bigger worry for me is a back three in the PL always becomes a back 5 unless you play it properly. Eddie and JT never managed it… I have doubts Scott will as he is more conservative than them.
Tbf I think the effectiveness of a back three system is highly dependent on the wing backs that you have available. Eddie and JT tried to play it with players like Daniels and Smith, very much full backs as opposed to wing backs. Parker will have players like Zemura and Anthony at his disposal who are made for that kind on role. One of Anthony’s best performances was vs Forest last season second half at right wing back vs Forest. He also has Kelly and Smith who can play LCB and RCB respectively and can comfortably step up the pitch. I really think that the 3-4-2-1 we saw second half vs Forest could become the norm next season.

Tbf I think the effectiveness of a back three system is highly dependent on the wing backs that you have available. Eddie and JT tried to play it with players like Daniels and Smith, very much full backs as opposed to wing backs. Parker will have players like Zemura and Anthony at his disposal who are made for that kind on role. One of Anthony’s best performances was vs Forest last season second half at right wing back vs Forest. He also has Kelly and Smith who can play LCB and RCB respectively and can comfortably step up the pitch. I really think that the 3-4-2-1 we saw second half vs Forest could become the norm next season.

Whatever formation used and I suspect this will vary depending on the opposition, I think we will have to be a hitting teams on the break kind of side as we'll often have less possession than last season.

;