Nathan Ake

Good player, wonder if he would still be here if Eddie had played him more.

As mentioned on another thread there was talk of him going back before Christmas.

Hope we see him back one day.

I am disappointed that Ake is returning but the stats with him playing are not great. In the 11 matches without him we let in 16 goals, and with the 9 he started we let in 18. I did not include cup games. This is an average of 1.45 to 2 goals per game.

Indirectly his two of the three goals he scored earned us six points. The only goal at Stoke and the last minute winner against Liverpool at home.

As mentioned already, had he been played sooner he may still be here. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that Ake and his agent instigated his early return to Chelsea. Put in a respectable bid for him and we'll test Chelsea's commitment to him, and his desire to join us permanently.!!!

Good player, but as has ben mentioned, the stats show, defensively, we have been worse with him in the side, however, I appreciate that doesn't necessarily mean it is the defence's sole responsibility... And I guess you have to look at 2 of those games have been Liverpool and Arsenal....

Also, I think this sums up what we're all thinking...

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10722909/ake-distraught-at-chelsea-recall

No....surely not....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/bournemouth-stun-chelsea-with-18million-nathan-ake-deadline-day-bid-a7555766.html

Why not? If we can bid 15m for Ibe we can certainly bid at least 3m more for a player who has shown to be currently much better than Ibe, can play 3 positions (although I'd argue his skill set is best suited to DM) and arguably has a higher ceiling.

Not to mention we know he fits our system, has a great humble/hardworking attitude and all his teammates love him.

I say up the bid to up to 22m if necessary.

Love the melt down Chelsea fans are going into! Conte admitted the reason he recalled him is because he hates the loan system, he'd rather sell or have them in the squad!

MaddDogg24 - 31/1/2017 18:38

Love the melt down Chelsea fans are going into! Conte admitted the reason he recalled him is because he hates the loan system, he'd rather sell or have them in the squad!

He's at the wrong farm/club if he hates the loan system.

;