Neto

I'm afraid you'll need to rely on your imagination to come up with a metric that makes Travers look like a superior option to Neto.
Not really comparable though are they? Travers has played once this season and last season he was part of Parkers let's undermine the young players squad and iirc in one game had to defend over a dozen corners. Let's wait and see if AI gives him any more games and see how he performs before we start pretending Neto's definitely a better keeper, especially as your charts seem to suggest Neto s better than Ederson and Allison which makes me wonder why he's playing for Bournemouth .

Think we’ve established that Neto doesn’t command his area well enough, just like over 4 years of debate we established Flahavan wasn’t tall enough. He’s on massive wages though so might be hard to replace/move on.

See how travel does for the rest of the season at least. Pretty sure we need to go shopping, but Travs has a chance at least. How's Will Dennis coming along?

Almost felt surreal to see a keeper actually come off of his line last night, very good to see.

Travers has to play until the end of the season, don’t know if he’s the answer but one thing I’m sure of is that he is more likely to be the answer than Neto. Don’t want to see Neto start in the league for us again, he’s a decent shot stopper and a fair distributor but every other aspect of his game is lacking. It’s testament to Iraola and how well the team is set up, because normally teams with keepers who make as many howlers as Neto has will end up relegated.
Felt surreal.......

What an idiot you are.

Interesting to think that we're conceding less goals this season than last with a much more attacking set up....West Ham under Moyes have conceded more goals than us incredibly.

Not really comparable though are they? Travers has played once this season and last season he was part of Parkers let's undermine the young players squad and iirc in one game had to defend over a dozen corners. Let's wait and see if AI gives him any more games and see how he performs before we start pretending Neto's definitely a better keeper, especially as your charts seem to suggest Neto s better than Ederson and Allison which makes me wonder why he's playing for Bournemouth .
You mean like Zabarnyi or Solanke? Or even Ake as that pundit said last night?

To fair I've added further clarification "if you look at Pope and Allison either side of Neto, per game they face almost half as many PSxG so they have less opportunity to effect a game positively" and "Regardless being positive means you're above average and negative is below average."

Ederson is famously a poor shot-stopper for what is arguably the best team in the world. Allison is facing fewer shots but has consistently done well.

I suspect Neto's playing for Bournemouth because he wasn't playing at Barca, we could match the wages and get him playing. His career history has been great for top sides (Valencia, Fiorentina) to being second fiddle right at the very top (Juve, Barca).

On the topic of which Travers was below average for Stoke in the Championship and often didn't have very much to do although he's done far better than Stoke's alternative!
1714120088277.png

Last edited:
You were questioning Neto playing for AFCB. I gave examples of other really good players wwho play for us.
Well, I've got to say that's a real stretch and again not comparable. The three players you've mentioned were all signed as young players with the potential to improve, which they have done. Ake was sold to Man City and plenty seem to think that Zabarnyi and Solanke will leave for bigger clubs. If anything, all three are more comparable to Travers than to Neto.

Well, I've got to say that's a real stretch and again not comparable. The three players you've mentioned were all signed as young players with the potential to improve, which they have done. Ake was sold to Man City and plenty seem to think that Zabarnyi and Solanke will leave for bigger clubs. If anything, all three are more comparable to Travers than to Neto.
But all here first, and probably only Ake touted as a star when he joined.

You were questioning Neto playing for AFCB. I gave examples of other really good players wwho play for us.
Incidentally, what have you got against Travers? You don't like posters questioning Neto and suggesting maybe Travers should be given a chance but I don't know why. What's Travers done that you don't even think he should be given a chance at the end of the season?

Incidentally, what have you got against Travers? You don't like posters questioning Neto and suggesting maybe Travers should be given a chance but I don't know why. What's Travers done that you don't even think he should be given a chance at the end of the season?
Nothing against either of them. I was disagreeing with your suggestion that Neto wasn’t good enough because hes here..
Incidentally, what have you got against Travers? You don't like posters questioning Neto and suggesting maybe Travers should be given a chance but I don't know why. What's Travers done tha

Nothing against either of them. I was disagreeing with your suggestion that Neto wasn’t good enough because hes here..
Ah, I see. But that wasn't what I was suggesting. I wrote that the stats seemed to suggest that Neto was a better keeper than Ederson or Allison, which I think is doubtful. But if it's true I wondered why he isn't first choice keeper for one of the big clubs (or Chelsea)? Or why there are no rumours that bigger clubs are interested in signing him - he's only valued at £2.5m, pocket change for Man U. He's not a young pl;ayer with potential to improve like the ones you quoted, quite the opposite in fact, and, unlike Travers, he's had the advantage of having better defenders in front of him this season.
And I still don't know why you don't think Travers should be given a chance. For me, he's at least as good as Neto and has got the kind of potential Ake, Zabarnyi and Solanke have.

Ah, I see. But that wasn't what I was suggesting. I wrote that the stats seemed to suggest that Neto was a better keeper than Ederson or Allison, which I think is doubtful. But if it's true I wondered why he isn't first choice keeper for one of the big clubs (or Chelsea)? Or why there are no rumours that bigger clubs are interested in signing him - he's only valued at £2.5m, pocket change for Man U. He's not a young pl;ayer with potential to improve like the ones you quoted, quite the opposite in fact, and, unlike Travers, he's had the advantage of having better defenders in front of him this season.
And I still don't know why you don't think Travers should be given a chance. For me, he's at least as good as Neto and has got the kind of potential Ake, Zabarnyi and Solanke have.
Where have I said that please? I said just above I have no problem with either.

;