New Kings Park Stadium

There are a lot of factors to take into account, ownership of the ground, planning, contractors etc etc. we are into a new season right now any changes will cause upheaval unless planned meticulously.

I think we all appreciate there is a lot of work involved but it takes literally minutes to create some public level communication they could share.

Exactly. I doubt many, if any, are expecting the the final statement on exactly everything that will be taking place with binding dates attached. An update would be nice so at least we know it's still happening and hasn't been abandoned.

At the moment, the best update we've had this year has been red_house (?) posting the link to the job advert for the new training ground.

Plenty of seats available at Watford today for a local derby! 15000 season ticket holders my mate at work reckons. Would we be any worse than that, I don't think we would? When we had the chance to build up our fan base, for all the pessimistic people out there that don't think we need a new ground.
Nice ground with seats close to the pitch, just a bit bigger for us I recon.

Plenty of seats available at Watford today for a local derby! 15000 season ticket holders my mate at work reckons. Would we be any worse than that, I don't think we would? When we had the chance to build up our fan base, for all the pessimistic people out there that don't think we need a new ground.
Nice ground with seats close to the pitch, just a bit bigger for us I recon.

We'd be the same as them. Is struggling to fill 20k good enough though?

We'd be the same as them. Is struggling to fill 20k good enough though?
We'd be filling it for the big games. Why don't you ask Watford fans/board if they'd want to reduce the capacity of their ground, so if they go down to the Championship they don't have empty seats and they've been on about increasing the capacity for some time. I actually think we'd have more support than them long term. Why support Watford when you've got Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea on your door step?

We'd be filling it for the big games. Why don't you ask Watford fans/board if they'd want to reduce the capacity of their ground, so if they go down to the Championship they don't have empty seats and they've been on about increasing the capacity for some time. I actually think we'd have more support than them long term. Why support Watford when you've got Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea on your door step?

Agree to an extent and I'd like to think we could better their support (I don't personally think we'd get near Saints or Brighton's support though).

The point I always make though is about the viability of the investment. Watford only had to build one new stand on a site they owned - unless I'm wrong about that. Pretty much all other new grounds were either mixed developments with other income (Reading, Brentford); had land to sell to part fund it (Southampton, Aberdeen) or had public sector help (Swansea, Hull, Coventry) off the top of my head.

We finally agree on something then! I hope your wrong about our new ground because we'll always be severely restricted if we stay at the present ground.

We finally agree on something then! I hope your wrong about our new ground because we'll always be severely restricted if we stay at the present ground.

I hope the council are somehow paving the way by offering help in some way. Tricky though because the general public are not necessarily likely to want much public money being used to help a premier league club that pays millions for players.

"Agree to an extent and I'd like to think we could better their support (I don't personally think we'd get near Saints or Brighton's support though)."

On what grounds do you make that assumption?

"Agree to an extent and I'd like to think we could better their support (I don't personally think we'd get near Saints or Brighton's support though)."

On what grounds do you make that assumption?

Which bit? I think we've got a bigger catchment area than Watford but smaller than the other two. Throw in transport links and there's your answer.

Brighton struggled to fill the Withdean on numerous occasions. What they did with the Amex is what I feel we will fail to do and that's sell the idea / concept / dream to the local population. We can't even get a decent ticket system up and running let alone market a new stadium.

Brighton struggled to fill the Withdean on numerous occasions. What they did with the Amex is what I feel we will fail to do and that's sell the idea / concept / dream to the local population. We can't even get a decent ticket system up and running let alone market a new stadium.

We didn't sell the 800 away end tickets there either - because it was a terrible place to watch football.

They got lucky in that their new ground arrived at the perfect time for them so that they could ride the crest of a wave and, as you say, sell the dream at the right time. Still though, they've always had higher gates and have great transport links from all over Sussex. There's no other club for miles around either.

We've got one trainline and from anywhere to the east it is as easy to get to St Mary's as DC. Reading is the best comparison imo.

;