New Kings Park Stadium

I'm desperate to get more capacity so we can make it easier to get tickets. Not lose more generations of kids who can't get to home games whilst the locked in home regulars slowly age.

But there's something to be said for trying to replicate some of the compactness in a larger capacity stadium. Whatever capacity we go for, try to keep the design 'tight', i.e. avoid the soulless bowl.

Not only benefits the retention of atmosphere, replicates something of our current support being almost on top of the teams, it's also likely easier to keep the building sympathetic to it's surroundings in the park (as Druss and various others have touched upon).

Think of West Ham's giant bowl. Has wasted space everywhere, it's distance to the stands, it's lack of atmosphere - and design everything the opposite! Granted that was never designed to be a football stadium and served its purpose for the Olympics very well, but I hope it illustrates a point.

Totally agree

dont get me wrong, I want a bigger stadium. Future of the club depends on it. We need to get the younger fans into the club as I did in the early 70s. I want our family to be able to sit together etc…

Just saying, need to recognise that for some games our compact stadium is an advantage. So let’s get the benefit of both elements.

Totally agree

dont get me wrong, I want a bigger stadium. Future of the club depends on it. We need to get the younger fans into the club as I did in the early 70s. I want our family to be able to sit together etc…

Just saying, need to recognise that for some games our compact stadium is an advantage. So let’s get the benefit of both elements.

"Just saying, need to recognise that for some games our compact stadium is an advantage"

Maybe we should build a five thousand seat stadium and quadruple the price of a ticket

Maybe …..but if you read the trail of posts including my own you would conclude otherwise

And had you read some of my twenty three thousand other posts you would realise that I was not being entirely serious,

Anyway, I am aware that raising ticket prices by the power of four isn't practical to make it financially feasible; I know ticket prices would need to be raised about ten times their current value, but I didn't know the word for that, so it had to be "quadruple"

Hope this clears things up,,

Last edited:
Not just that area you probably need to use the two football pitches to the left.

Not if its a very small running track, surely they could just run round the outside of the indoor bowls building?

Obviously there would have to be some kind of traffic light system outside the entrance to stop runners coming round the corner and bowling over aged indoor bowlers as they were going home.

And had you read some of my twenty three thousand other posts you would realise that I was not being entirely serious,

Anyway, I am aware that raising ticket prices by the power of four isn't practical to make it financially feasible; I know ticket prices would need to be raised about ten times their current value, but I didn't know the word for that, so it had to be "quadruple"

Hope this clears things up,,
Always good to clear things up - too many on social media moaning about old fans not wanting expansion. Just making my position clear

Someone asked about the Swansea stadium to be transplanted into Kings Park. I've thrown on the Amex too for giggles. I've used Google to scale and based on pitch sizes it looks close enough for government work.

Imagining where they could go I'll leave as an exercise for the reader

Someone asked about the Swansea stadium to be transplanted into Kings Park. I've thrown on the Amex too for giggles. I've used Google to scale and based on pitch sizes it looks close enough for government work.

Twaz I. Thanking you very much for your work. Can't wait to see the plans when they do come out. I'm in oz so hopefully someone will be able to post online or provide a link. I'm sure when Bill took over ownership plans for it were probably requested pretty much straight away.
UTCIAD

Looks like an easy six into the Swansea Stadium from King's Park cricket pitch

Wow, some of the numbers for capacity mentioned on here are very optimistic , imo . I just don't see us filling 25k even with increased away supporterd. Just last season we were struggling to hit 10,000 . Our championship winning season was about 9,500 average. I can see the bigger clubs attracting bigger numbers , your Man City and Man Utd for example but that's down to a/ who they are and b/ pesky away supporters living in this area getting into the home seats. Does anyone really think Wolves at home on a Tuesday in January is going to pull in 25k? Cloud cuckoo land. As much as we would like to believe it we just dont have a large core of supporters . Laugh if you like but 17/18k with potential to extend to 20k would probably suffice

Wow, some of the numbers for capacity mentioned on here are very optimistic , imo . I just don't see us filling 25k even with increased away supporterd. Just last season we were struggling to hit 10,000 . Our championship winning season was about 9,500 average. I can see the bigger clubs attracting bigger numbers , your Man City and Man Utd for example but that's down to a/ who they are and b/ pesky away supporters living in this area getting into the home seats. Does anyone really think Wolves at home on a Tuesday in January is going to pull in 25k? Cloud cuckoo land. As much as we would like to believe it we just dont have a large core of supporters . Laugh if you like but 17/18k with potential to extend to 20k would probably suffice
I'm amazed you seem surprised that we're not pulling in 15k each week.

Its pretty obvious that the stadium capacity will deter people from going. And are you suggesting we should build one just big enough for Wolves on a Tuesday night?

;