New Manager Thread

But both teams are in the most desirable league in the world.

We clearly aren't the same prospect as Brighton are we. Our last manager left because the owner doesn't want to spend any cash and they have bags of it, including a massive chunk of change to spend on a manager after Chelsea paid the release clause for Potter.

We clearly aren't the same prospect as Brighton are we. Our last manager left because the owner doesn't want to spend any cash and they have bags of it, including a massive chunk of change to spend on a manager after Chelsea paid the release clause for Potter.
I didn’t say we were the same prospect?

but as you keep saying its such a prestigious job all up-and-coming coaches would be chewing their agents ear off to get their cv in front of blake ad hughes

naive to buy the permission to speak nonsense
Maybe they are. Last time Blake spoke about the array of talent that applied for the job before we plumped for the the worlds best placed Woodgate.

Are people seriously suggesting with the wages we pay, parachute payments making us super competitive should the worst happen, and the chance to manage on the biggest stage in the world we are not a decent prospect? We are also just below mid table having played the top three teams in the country in the first six games…

But we may be able to persuade the manager both clubs might want, because of being a seaside resort, :idea::idea: with sand.

The other way of looking at it is aren’t Brighton at the height of their league position and the only way is down?

They aren't trying to do it on the cheap though are they? When you're trying to convince one of these unnamed brilliant managers to come to England and put their career and reputation on the line it's definitely going to be more difficult for us than Brighton, or any other PL team for that matter.

We might as well give up then SDD.

Nobody will ever sign for us, nor will any manager ever want to manage us as we are now competing with Brighton.

Nobody will ever sign for us, nor will any manager ever want to manage us as we are now competing with Brighton.

Well of course not but I prefer to look at who's available and at present I'm not seeing anyone who particularly stands out. I think O'Neil should be kept on until the WC break until we can get someone decent in.

Why? Its not going to make a difference.
Yes Rob, it would make a difference; it would make all of us fans feel valued and kept informed of the process. We're not going to influence the outcome so surely a bit of an update to any or no progress would make us all feel that much more at ease with the club and become more content like you.

Last edited:
Yes Rob, it would make a difference; it would make all of us a fans feel valued and kept informed of the process. We're not going to influence the outcome so surely a bit of an update to any or no progress would make us all feel that much more at ease with the club and become more content like you.
But as fans we aren’t valued by the club anymore. They’ve shown time and time again through their lack of any effort to communicate with us that they couldn’t give a toss. We were only important when the revenue we provided was important, now that it’s a drop in the ocean they are not really bothered about us or what we think. If we were to no longer have TV money or parachute payments it would soon change I’m sure.

Yes Rob, it would make a difference; it would make all of us a fans feel valued and kept informed of the process. We're not going to influence the outcome so surely a bit of an update to any or no progress would make us all feel that much more at ease with the club and become more content like you.
Short of naming names, I don't think there's much more that would be of interest. If they said no progress that would open them up to all sorts of criticism. They might not want to play their hand just yet.

I'm sorry you're not content.

Short of naming names, I don't think there's much more that would be of interest. If they said no progress that would open them up to all sorts of criticism. They might not want to play their hand just yet.

I'm sorry you're not content.

You might be right in that the lack of communication in this instance is justified but as a general point he's bang on.

I didn’t say we were the same prospect?
The lure of the pl for up and coming foreign managers has to be the severance package or the chance to manage a big club.
The lure of afcb is to work with hungry young players and over achieve by team work and tactics.

So all the 'club spin' supposedly points to the club taking the supposedly 'easy option' of appointing O'Neil.

I can see the scene already at the next home game v Brentford... Naysayers being led away and ejected by stewards for holding up pieces of paper with 'Not my manager' written on it.

SDD’s is the standard response from our operating boards apologists. Keep spreading the message that no players or managers would want to sign for us and people will eventually believe this is the case and accept that we are doing a good job when we don’t bring them in.

The reality of course is we are one of the richest clubs in the world. Our worst case scenario is that next season we will be in one of the worlds top ten leagues with parachute payments elevating us into the top three incomes within it.

If the best we can do is a third caretaker permanent appointment in two years then as you say, we might as well give up.

Well of course not but I prefer to look at who's available and at present I'm not seeing anyone who particularly stands out. I think O'Neil should be kept on until the WC break until we can get someone decent in.

I agree that O'Neil should be retained, he's done brilliantly so why shouldn't he be.
UTC

SDD’s is the standard response from our operating boards apologists. Keep spreading the message that no players or managers would want to sign for us and people will eventually believe this is the case and accept that we are doing a good job when we don’t bring them in.

The reality of course is we are one of the richest clubs in the world. Our worst case scenario is that next season we will be in one of the worlds top ten leagues with parachute payments elevating us into the top three incomes within it.

If the best we can do is a third caretaker permanent appointment in two years then as you say, we might as well give up.

For someone who gets very upset when people allegedly misrepresent you you'd think you wouldn't do that to others.

Anyway, my opinion is much more simple than your odd characterisation. I don't think no manager would take the job, I think that AFCB would lose out to B&HA if they went for the same guy in the current circumstances. I also can't see any standout candidates at present so I'd not rush into anything hasty.

I don't need to apologise for the board because I don't have an axe to grind one way or another about them. I also don't need to judge any new manager on anything other than how they perform at their job. It doesn't matter to me whether they are internal or external candidates. Why would it?

;