New Old Cherry

142 postings on this thread so far from Brian.
I'm obliged not to respond then..to the several other hundred posts that are hounding me. .on this one thread.
Like I've said before...I didn't ask for the thread title conception ..no desire from me for any VIP status . All I ever wanted to do was put out opinions...like everyone else.

Last edited:
What's likes got to do with anything, as far as I can see likes have become 'reactions' and that includes quotes.

I 'like' about 5% of your posts, not because I agree with them, but because they are almost rational.

I do it to encourage you, in a good way.
Well that's something I guess...but here's a thought... .I'm fairly confident that over time. ..time a while ahead of this....that the majority of my views will be 'warmed to'. as this sport falls further into the grasp of the Money People....and things get introduced that are very alien to what folks think are righteous for the good of Football ... Football as you knew it now....

There quite a number who like my posts...that fact needs airing !

These 'reams of sh*te elsewhere ..is that exclusively from me ..or do some others produce it...and do they deserve their own thread ?
Like I am the only one posting opinions that are unpopular.
What an absolute load of crap.

Do opinions have to suit a certain faction of the Forum population...so much so that little 'clubs' of offended individuals have to react in unison and gang up on the 'maverick' poster.

It's bloody pathetic... .mind you we are talking about a Forum in a Tory town...and we know how they behave...but of course there are the very sensitive Woke Left Wingers as well...plenty of them about on here.
As an Ex- serviceman and Green Part voter I was always going to get up a few noses eh ?

And if you see my name crop up in a thread..why read it if you know how my opinions tend to be tailored ..you could just skip past the post.
There are a number of members that just want the Forum to sit in their comfort zone..not to be shocked or phased by any opinions outside the doctrines that they have developed.
I repeat...It's bloody pathetic and socially unhealthy, insular ....unworldly!
Maverick...!

It's nothing to do with people not agreeing with your opinions, it's that your posts are all self-absorbed like the above and very little to do with anything about the club and just "pollute" (your words) every thread.

You repeat this stuff about you pushing people out of their comfort zones but it's all just rants and rambles not discussion or opinion.

It's not sensitivity or 'woke', it's irritation with every thread becoming the Old Cherry show. That is solved by having your own soap box here where you can hold court with all those fans of yours.

Maverick...!

It's nothing to do with people not agreeing with your opinions, it's that your posts are all self-absorbed like the above and very little to do with anything about the club and just "pollute" (your words) every thread.

You repeat this stuff about you pushing people out of their comfort zones but it's all just rants and rambles not discussion or opinion.

It's not sensitivity or 'woke', it's irritation with every thread becoming the Old Cherry show. That is solved by having your own soap box here where you can hold court with all those fans of yours.
What your saying in this post is highly exaggerated within your stance in calculating the 'self- absorbed' aspect in my posts..look closely at most posters history ...there is a degree of 'self awareness' or an 'absorption' as you refer to, in everyone. .they wouldn't be normal without it.
Their opinions come from their Psyche...their Life experience and fortune....it's how you are attempting to carve me up right now in this post. .

My use of the word 'pollute' in the context I used it ..was infused with a degree of sarcasm...and in response to how I was being castigated at the time.

Last edited:
don't flatter yourself it isn't a VIP status it's a reaction by DJ caused by you, he had to clean up threads you wanted to make about you
I didn't bring up the VIP reference..someone else did initially...I only referred to it....as it had been bracketed with my name....so yet another misinterpretation and unfair add on !

What's likes got to do with anything, as far as I can see likes have become 'reactions' and that includes quotes.

I 'like' about 5% of your posts, not because I agree with them, but because they are almost rational.

5% of Brian's posts, or around forty seven thousand in case anyone wants to have a figure on that.

Brian, I'd like to hear some more memories of your experiences as a supporter back in the 1960s, which is when I became a fan.

I first began going to away games at the age of 12 in the late 60s with a few mates in Joe Goodwin's Cherry Bees coaches. He tried hard to create a passionate fan culture at Boscombe.

Can you tell us about your away days of long ago ?

I 'like' about 0.5% of your posts, not because I agree with them, but because they are almost rational.

I rarely read his posts but there have definitely been a few, astute and accurate gems. On topic, topical and to the point. 1 in every 200 is about right.

You've had what, three, four profiles? If you look at your profiles and the number of messages, you are a prolific poster. Even this 'new' profile you have now is just shy of 10,000 messages. I joined this site as member number 0009 back in the day and have the vast total of 3,290 posts. Def II Royalz is a very prescient, tongue-in-cheek comment.

Be pleased you have your own thread. I'm reading the board more often and logging in to comment because you do.

You've had what, three, four profiles? If you look at your profiles and the number of messages, you are a prolific poster. Even this 'new' profile you have now is just shy of 10,000 messages. I joined this site as member number 0009 back in the day and have the vast total of 3,290 posts. Def II Royalz is a very prescient, tongue-in-cheek comment.

Be pleased you have your own thread. I'm reading the board more often and logging in to comment because you do.
I don't need or want my own Thread...it's pointless....it's just producing bloated crap from a large number of members. Drivel.

I don't need or want my own Thread...it's pointless....it's just producing bloated crap from a large number if members. Drivel.
There you go again, starting with 'I'.

You're self-obsessed. There's a big wide world out there, with millions of people, all having their own thoughts on things. Try staying on topic in a thread, or at least something vaguely connected to the club.

You'll never get a bunch of blokes you don't know to be your fervent acolytes on a forum for what has historically been a 3rd division football club.

You talk a lot about being an ex-serviceman, then you must know, that put a bunch of English blokes together in any sort of grouping for a long time, it's non-stop ribbing. Anybody who take themselves too seriously, is going to get more than their fair-share. And everybody else thinks they deserve it.

If you don't want to fall in that category, try a few caustic comments that are witty (or at least mildly funny).

There you go again, starting with 'I'.

You're self-obsessed. There's a big wide world out there, with millions of people, all having their own thoughts on things. Try staying on topic in a thread, or at least something vaguely connected to the club.

You'll never get a bunch of blokes you don't know to be your fervent acolytes on a forum for what has historically been a 3rd division football club.

You talk a lot about being an ex-serviceman, then you must know, that put a bunch of English blokes together in any sort of grouping for a long time, it's non-stop ribbing. Anybody who take themselves too seriously, is going to get more than their fair-share. And everybody else thinks they deserve it.

If you don't want to fall in that category, try a few caustic comments that are witty (or at least mildly funny).
Your last paragraph made me laugh...that's how I get in trouble !
The previous paragraphs just highlight the same stuff I've been spouting for the past few years !!!

;