Newcastle U v AFC Bournemouth

Well I’m obviously in the minority but I thought other than the disappointing result it was a good performance . Newcastle are no mugs , they’ll be mid table at the end of the season .
Only the second time they have scored more than once in a game...

Two games without Lerna. Two anemic performances. I know we shouldn't be so reliant on him, but we are very lightweight without. Plus Callum Wilsons complete lack of form worrying
Seems like Callum Wilson's complete lack of interest at the moment. Seems to be this way when he comes back from the England squad.

Mousset a right handful against Spurs, cant believe that he was rubbish here, wasn't he....

Obvious now he’s responded better to different training and systems or .......
he‘s responded to better training and systems ....... take your pick.

Only watched it on a dodgy box, but Newcastle were a lot better than I expected, particularly at time wasting :throw:

Didn't win the game when we were on top first half. Still, we scored from a short corner at last...

Well I’m obviously in the minority but I thought other than the disappointing result it was a good performance . Newcastle are no mugs , they’ll be mid table at the end of the season .
Thought we were terrible tbh....Cook and Billing didn't win a tackle between them ....Smith and Cookie were a bag of nerves.....Callum has a touch of a donkey once again....Fraser woeful.....in fact the only player who played remotly well was Rambo.....i knew we'd struggle without Lerma ...but not that much.

Last edited:
I'll repeat what I said last week. Form is temporary class is permanent... but how long can we give Wilson? Callum again a shadow of his former self. He's not bringing players in and not a threat. King needs the number 9 position with someone behind. Even if only to add back Wilson's competitive spirit and make him fight for the place? Our attack that should be so potent is looking anemic at the moment.

And there he is joint second best conversion rate in the Premier League this season so far...

Having Lerma might have restricted them to less chances, but it wouldn’t have done anything about Callum’s pathetic performance.

Newcastle deserved that, but it is a shame that they have to resort to falling over 30 seconds after someone made contact with them to waste time with 4 minutes left. I would've admired them if they weren't acting like a bunch of 12 year old netball players (not entirely sure what that means, it just came to my head). Some minor positives for sure, Rambo again with some outstanding saves... ok, just one positive then... Cook and Ake were dreadful, changes were weird and we missed two players, and i don't even have to mention them.

I have been following BT Sport this afternoon....they did say Newcastle were better second half but overall, that it was an entertaining game and nobody there slagged us off the way some of our more emotional supporters have been.

;