Newcastle U v AFC Bournemouth

Two games without Lerna. Two anemic performances. I know we shouldn't be so reliant on him, but we are very lightweight without. Plus Callum Wilsons complete lack of form worrying

I think Newcastle thoroughly deserved that. Far better than us 2nd half and a lot stronger defensively.

2nd half was woeful, balls lumped up to Wilson and King with no creativity. Defence undone by long balls through the middle.

We have Rambo to thank today that it wasn't more.

We lack the belief, consistency and concentration to kick on beyond the mid-table pack into top 8 over a season.

Some people thought Lerma deliberately got a yellow so he wouldn’t miss ‘harder’ games.

Well that didn’t work out and we concede two goals after three matches without conceding, plus come away without any points.

I'll repeat what I said last week. Form is temporary class is permanent... but how long can we give Wilson? Callum again a shadow of his former self. He's not bringing players in and not a threat. King needs the number 9 position with someone behind. Even if only to add back Wilson's competitive spirit and make him fight for the place? Our attack that should be so potent is looking anemic at the moment.

I remember when we were the comeback kings of the league. I felt in my gut that as soon as they equalised we weren’t winning that game, but we went the extra mile and lost.

;