Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth

That probably leaves Gordon to lead the line as Isak is also out injured.

Seems when it comes to AFCB and Wilson in the league, he has always missed the game through injury.

Think he also went off injured in the League Cup game.

It'll be interesting to see what system Eddie plays ....he went with a back three against Forest which as we know he doesn't like doing....it was probably to protect Dan Burn as he has been having a nightmare at RB recently.....really hope Gordon plays upfront rather than on the left as I didn't fancy Smithy's chances against him.
I wonder if Andoni might be tempted to play Dango on the right in order to expose Burns lack of pace and to give Smithy a bit of help....

It'll be interesting to see what system Eddie plays ....he went with a back three against Forest which as we know he doesn't like doing....it was probably to protect Dan Burn as he has been having a nightmare at RB recently.....really hope Gordon plays upfront rather than on the left as I didn't fancy Smithy's chances against him.
I wonder if Andoni might be tempted to play Dango on the right in order to expose Burns lack of pace and to give Smithy a bit of help....
Definitely a nightmare at RB as Burn was playing LB and Trippier RB. Any from the winger collection will do Burn for pace, but there's more involved than that. Hard to beat in the air and dangerous at corners.

Eddie Howe Friday press conference.

We know Eddie doesn’t give much away, but could Isak be available?

“Probably not [available] for the weekend. He's very, very, very close and looking really good. I'm really pleased with the progress he's made. Mentally he looks good so let's wait and see.”

Eddie Howe Friday press conference.

We know Eddie doesn’t give much away, but could Isak be available?

“Probably not [available] for the weekend. He's very, very, very close and looking really good. I'm really pleased with the progress he's made. Mentally he looks good so let's wait and see.”

Sounds like he’ll be playing

Expectations in this game hinge entirely on whether Isak is fit for them. If he’s not then we should really expect three points as they will have no recognised striker and most of their midfield (and first choice keeper) out injured. If he is then we take a point all day long. He’s an elite level player who turns them from a lower mid table standard side to a Europe chasing one when fit.

Expectations in this game hinge entirely on whether Isak is fit for them. If he’s not then we should really expect three points as they will have no recognised striker and most of their midfield (and first choice keeper) out injured. If he is then we take a point all day long. He’s an elite level player who turns them from a lower mid table standard side to a Europe chasing one when fit.
Is Isak that good?

they're weakened but if we start as badly as we did at fulham and the crowd get behind them we're in for a tricky afternoon

need the manager to step up tactically so the players don't look lost again for the first half an hour

;