Next Manager Betting Odds

Can't stand him but I think Terry is worth a go. Impressive playing record that none of the team can match or think they're superior to, unlike JT and EH. Seems unlikely to stand for the type of behaviour some of the players have been getting away with and appears to be doing a good job at Villa. Could be a match made in heaven.
You have to take into account the international and club managers that Terry has hopefully learnt from. I don't give a toss about his past this squad would hopefully buckle down and work hard for him , they need a big personality to kick their ar#es.

From Villa fans forum.

Terry must have a big impact on how ruthless our defense has become. He's got a player in Mings who's Terry-esque and two very smart players in Hause and Konsa who can be what Carvalho was to him. The way we're set up feels a lot like what Terry had going on at Chelsea in his prime days with two solid CM's, and defensively minded wing backs. Coupled with Luiz it's all a very solid foundation upon which the team very easily builds attacking play. The only team to really unlock us this year has been City and they do the same with Liverpool\Manu on their day.

Terry, Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard, the list goes on. Former players that probably get a bit of respect in the dressing room because of who they are. Are they what is needed in our case? or do we want a proven manager? or woodgate?

From Villa fans forum.

Terry must have a big impact on how ruthless our defense has become. He's got a player in Mings who's Terry-esque and two very smart players in Hause and Konsa who can be what Carvalho was to him. The way we're set up feels a lot like what Terry had going on at Chelsea in his prime days with two solid CM's, and defensively minded wing backs. Coupled with Luiz it's all a very solid foundation upon which the team very easily builds attacking play. The only team to really unlock us this year has been City and they do the same with Liverpool\Manu on their day.

Another up to date comment.

Yes Bournemouth head coach but apparently their Russian owner wanted to give it to Jason Tindall so overruled their chief exec. who was pushing for John Terry apparently.

I get the feeling he'll go tbh. Feels like the right time given he's not going to want to be a number 2 forever despite us doing really well.

From Villa fans forum.

sounds like the 532 which brought a goal drought at AFCB

From Villa fans forum.

I never really get these 'Terry was a defender so must have sorted out our defence' type comments. I mean maybe, but I don't think football's really as simple as that. Eddie Howe was a defender and we spent a decade conceding for fun.

sounds like the 532 which brought a goal drought at AFCB

I realised I should have added Goals scored and Goals conceded to the formation table. There's too few games to make any real comparisons, but there looks a trend that playing 1 up front with two behind, or three up front, didn't bring more goals, and also conceded more than playing with two up top.

Formations.JPG

;