Non - A Joe Biden Thread .....

Trump has just left the White House.. after 4 years....
....you have to ask...of those 4 years.
..what the flying f√ck ..was all that about?

that's about the best that can be stuck on it ...tbf /tbh !

It was like watching an ongoing TV series, with a new episode every day with the main character in every episode.

Can’t remember another one like it with previous ‘actors’.

It might be old age, or the stutter he has. He seems to be able to string a few sentences togther.

That's a fair point but I still see him as a completely uninspiring candidate in the same way Hillary Clinton was. Neither represented a change in direction or spoke to the many people who would traditionally look to vote democrat but feel abandoned by them. I have to admit I'm not all that bothered by US politics but it's similar to the issues we have here.

An American President doesn't need to be theatrical or in any way extrovert..a stable introvert will suffice nicely!
He just needs to hold his nation in check....inwardly and outwardly.

That's a fair point but I still see him as a completely uninspiring candidate in the same way Hillary Clinton was. Neither represented a change in direction or spoke to the many people who would traditionally look to vote democrat but feel abandoned by them.
A change in direction from what? From Trump? From Obama?....?

Appointing a black female as VP doesn't appeal to people who traditionally vote democrat? He appealed to the largest ever number of voters. I really am not sure what else he needs to do to satisfy someone who isn't that bothered by US politics.

What has his age really got to do with it? If his brain is functioning properly he can add years of wisdom and experience to his presidency. I'm older than him but not yet completely past it. :sleep:

completely agree! a sure sign of being reallllly old is mentioning the queen a lot, and I haven't seen you do that for ages. hours in fact!

A change in direction from what? From Trump? From Obama?....?

Appointing a black female as VP doesn't appeal to people who traditionally vote democrat? He appealed to the largest ever number of voters. I really am not sure what else he needs to do to satisfy someone who isn't that bothered by US politics.

He doesn't need to convince me at all, as I say I'm more bothered by the same issue in UK politics. Swathes of safe Labour seats in Northern England are now Tory seats. The reason is that Labour has taken these votes for granted and have done nothing for these areas. The tories only had to pay lip service to their concerns, which included brexit, to mop them up.

Obama was a breath of fresh air (although as I say I simply don't get the hero worship in US politics) but Clinton and Biden have been involved for that long that they can't distance themselves from the governments they were previously part of. What new did they offer?

That's a fair point but I still see him as a completely uninspiring candidate in the same way Hillary Clinton was. Neither represented a change in direction or spoke to the many people who would traditionally look to vote democrat but feel abandoned by them. I have to admit I'm not all that bothered by US politics but it's similar to the issues we have here.

To be fair, not sure people really needed a big change in direction like when Obama came along with. They needed someone "normal" and inoffensive. At least for a couple of years. Imagine not hearing much from the President of the United States on our news outlets for a while. He could get on and work without being centre of attention.

I think thats what they need right now.

To be fair, not sure people really needed a big change in direction like when Obama came along with. They needed someone "normal" and inoffensive. At least for a couple of years. Imagine not hearing much from the President of the United States on our news outlets for a while. He could get on and work without being centre of attention.

Which is fair enough and why he was able to win. It doesn't change my view (and yours by the sound of it) that Biden is a very uninspiring choice. Of course I agree that he's better than the alternative.

Tbh I would be the first to admit I have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to bang average people getting big jobs based on their background or who they know rather than how good they are. Politics will always be bad for this though I accept.

"Swathes of safe Labour seats in Northern England are now Tory seats. The reason is that Labour has taken these votes for granted and have done nothing for these area"

I think Brexit was/is a very significant factor SDD the Corbyn factor plus the likes of Starmer etc still hanging onto the shirt tails of the EU. The Labour politicians may have accepted the democratic will of the people now, or they say they have, but it came too late for the last General Election.

I am looking forward to turning on the news first thing in the morning, and seeing it is not dominated by news of the president of the united states.

Fox news getting all frothy over a president wearing a tan suit is hopefully the level of "scandal" we will see going forward.

Watch Fox News. They are back to CARAVANS are coming! Lol

I am not sure I understand why you say he was a terrible candidate. As a candidate he won. He beat out a huge Democrat field in the primary, and then won the election in a landslide. If you want to talk about a terrible candidate, Mike Bloomberg plowed millions into his campaign and barely made a blip in the primaries.

As a president I think it is too early to say.

The Democratic machine decided he would win it wasn’t anything he did , he certainly wasn’t better than any other candidate . Democrates on the street wanted and should have had Bernie as their candidate in the election 4 years ago and the last one .
Biden is Hillary Clinton in a suite the establishment ,corporatist candidate . The only thing he had going for him was he’s not Trump . People hoping for change are going to be sorely disappointed .

An American President doesn't need to be theatrical or in any way extrovert..a stable introvert will suffice nicely!
He just needs to hold his nation in check....inwardly and outwardly.

I was a huge Ron Paul supporter. I wonder where all the trump supporters that wanted someone different than a typical politician were when he ran.

They asked him once what other leader he would be like. He said the president of Switzerland . Pretty much unknown and takes care of his people and work with everyone.

I was a huge Ron Paul supporter. I wonder where all the trump supporters that wanted someone different than a typical politician were when he ran.

They asked him once what other leader he would be like. He said the president of Switzerland . Pretty much unknown and takes care of his people and work with everyone.

Liked him and his son. I actually quite like some of the libertarian views but sadly the 2 main parties will never allow a 3rd to get any traction. Seems no other party can get any time on tv . That said the libertarians View on foreign policy of stand back and do nothing could lead to trouble.

Liked him and his son. I actually quite like some of the libertarian views but sadly the 2 main parties will never allow a 3rd to get any traction. Seems no other party can get any time on tv . That said the libertarians View on foreign policy of stand back and do nothing could lead to trouble.
It’s libertarians like Trump and Johnson that have got us to this point in the pandemic. Someone’s ‘freedom’ often tends to be someone else’s selfish behaviour.

It’s libertarians like Trump and Johnson that have got us to this point in the pandemic. Someone’s ‘freedom’ often tends to be someone else’s selfish behaviour.

Trump is not a libertarian. How views are quite different than that of the libertarian party. Ultimately plenty of blame can be dished out to many people but China are the ones responsible

I agree, he should just be left to his own devices now and let China run the country smoothly. Hopefully part of his renovations for the White House is a safe space area where Hunter Biden can smoke his crack without judgement.

;