Non - Boris Johnson

No that really isn't what this is about.

Any decent PM would have assembled a team of talented people that could have staved off the worst effects of Brexit and, who knows, maybe even found the odd benefit in there.

Instead, he has done as many narcissists do and brought in people who are too stupid to be able to challenge him.

Eventually, that catches up with people. You can't get people onside with a double thumbs-up, a Churchillian soundbite and a bit of boosterism for ever.

The most delicious irony will be if the tories take a leaf out of the johnson playbook and change the leadership challenge rules because they didn't like the result of the last vote.
I think Brexit played a big part as it's a huge farming community. They can't get foreign labour very easily and they're very scared of deals with the likes of Australia and New Zealand.

I think Brexit played a big part as it's a huge farming community. They can't get foreign labour very easily and they're very scared of deals with the likes of Australia and New Zealand.
It's funny, I've not been hearing that Farmers have fully understood the ramifications of the Australia deal yet.

It may be this desperate need for a false balance but the TV news seems to feel the need to put one for, one against and one undecided for every situation whether there is a massive majority for one side or another or not.

I think he'll be gone soon, his nuclear grade incompetence is starting to affect those most important to Tory M.P.s. Namely, themselves and another 5 years sailing on the Westminster gravy boat/train. : )
To be fair its not incompetence.
The decisions are always taken in regard to what is best for Boris, his principles come at a price.
The party are happy to go with that as long as enough people are fooled enough of the time to keep the party in power. The elected members of the party have self interest in keeping their seats, a leader who is a vote loser doesnt last long.

You would have thought the two by-election results would be the main news tonight and more pressure building on our PM, but no, yet another story from abroad has taken the headlines tonight, it seems Boris Johnson is Mr ‘Teflon’.

I wouldn't celebrate just yet. Inflation will fall next year despite this clown being in charge. "getting inflation under control" will be added to the list of the things that 'Boris' "got done" just like brexit, the pandemic and all the other nonsense that he fucked up. It'll be enough to win over a load of people especially if they ramp up the culture war rhetoric.
Also , what do you have to replace him and his goons with.
Sir Kerr and his mob doesn't really give any hope things will get better.

Also , what do you have to replace him and his goons with.
Sir Kerr and his mob doesn't really give any hope things will get better.
Id take the Labour front bench over this bunch of lying self serving thickos in a heartbeat.

Don't assume that just because client journalists don't bother to cover Labourr that they don't have any policies.

My hope is for a coalition that brings in a proper constitution and PR.

We will move on from this Cake and Ale saga into something else to croak about...new goons sweep clean for a short while.... then a new Crisis rocks up alongside the unsolved ones...
...I can't see anyone on the shimmering horizon from any of the Parties that has a strong enough character to Cope....with this current background.
The only remote hope is an Emergency Coalition from the 4 provinces of the British Isles... We are going absolutely f√cking nowhere with English Tory or Labour in their current formats.

We have the ludicrous scenario of Prince Charles and Boris on tour in frigging sweltering Rwanda..bloody Rwanda. FFS . chuntering a load of bollux...while social problems pile up in our cities and towns.. suicides, sepsis, petrol queues, murders and rapes, ... there are even cases of 'middle class' dolts going to foodbanks for the devil of it.
Charles bangs on about the Commonwealth. .. big expanses of land ..Canada and Australia ...while pint sized Britain heaves with the weight of increasing overpopulation....and promises of swanky new railways..when they can't even control the people who run our current rolling stock !

Pink Gins and Photo Shoots in ...Rwanda !

The Guardian today. I expect other papers have also reported it.

Johnson, asked by reporters if questions over his leadership were settled, said: “Yes.” He then added: “What’s driving people nuts is this endless churn of stuff about things that I’m meant to have stuffed up or whatever about my colleagues, their view of me, my character, the leadership, Tory blah blah.”

"What's driving people nuts" is that Johnson won't do the decent thing and go.

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ver-his-future-is-driving-british-people-nuts

Johnson is still there...and not going anywhere soon.
So..it's all about enduring - tolerating the fallouts and any further crisis that develops...then..
... then it's about enough of the Electorate from other Parties reducing the Tory Vote enough to oust not just Johnson but his bunch of incompetent cretins who are itching to get hold of the baton...
Will the Nation have any confidence to elect what appears to be another bunch of seemingly incompetent buffoons..I'm bloody sure I'm not sufficiently enamoured by Labour yet ..to get off my Green @rse and sweep them into power !

Last edited:
Johnson is still there...and not going anywhere soon.
So..it's all about enduring - tolerating the fallouts and any further crisis that develops...then..
... then it's about enough of the Electorate from other Parties reducing the Tory Vote enough to oust not just Johnson but his bunch of incompetent cretins who are itching to get hold of the baton...
Will the Nation have any confidence to elect what appears to be another bunch of seemingly incompetent bufoons..I'm bloody sure I'm not sufficiently enamoured by Labour yet ..to get off my Green @rse and sweep them into power !

I think before the next election if the Tories don’t ditch BJ, they could be looking at defeat.

The idea that the British people will forget about what has happened over party gate etc could come back and bite them.

So much has happened that the people will not forget and forgive.

"It is not just ministers who are jittery. Some donors expressed concern after Johnson used his speech at the V&A fundraising dinner to perform a sexually suggestive call-and-response routine with Nadine Dorries, the culture secretary. Johnson asked her about the latest broadband rollout figures and Dorries replied: “69 per cent”. Johnson grinned and repeated “69!” to some laughter. But one of those present said: “Everyone around me cringed.” A minister present added: “The donors are turning against him.” That may partly explain why one of the most prominent Tory donors, the billionaire hedge fund manager Sir Michael Hintze, is to be given a peerage in the next list of political peers, which also includes Paul Dacre, the former editor of the Daily Mail."

Apple news.

;