Non - Brexit

There can not be a single reason why we should not have a vote on our method and style of leaving the EU. There simply isn't.

The only reason to be against such a vote is that it might not give you the type of brexit you want. But thats democracy, you know that thing the leavers talk about daily.

I've given you a reason - there's no way a vote would realistically work. No appropriate question, no voting mechanism that wouldn't influence the outcome. Even the whole idea of a vote would instantly lack any sort of credibility because the one thing that all sides agreed upon before the first vote was that there wouldn't be another vote and that the decision would be final. How on earth could the electorate take either side seriously in anything they said if we had a second vote? Only one side of the previous campaign advocates it in the first place - the whole thing is a democratic joke.

the Majority won

The majority of those eligible to vote and who voted opted for Leave, that is not the majority of the population all of whom are impacted.

The distraction and deflection continues, the latest twist being the date of leaving is still not definitive. The 350M per day for the NHS seems a long way from being achieved.

The EU says it is ready to extend the post-Brexit transition period if the UK wants.
The current length of the transition period - designed to smooth the path from Brexit to the UK and EU's future permanent relationship - is 21 months.
But with the two sides failing to reach a deal yet, UK Prime Minister Theresa May has suggested extending this arrangement "for a few months".
Some Brexit campaigners have reacted angrily to the suggestion.
And an EU source told the BBC there would have to be "financial implications" if the UK did extend the transition period.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45897253

I've given you a reason - there's no way a vote would realistically work. No appropriate question, no voting mechanism that wouldn't influence the outcome. Even the whole idea of a vote would instantly lack any sort of credibility because the one thing that all sides agreed upon before the first vote was that there wouldn't be another vote and that the decision would be final. How on earth could the electorate take either side seriously in anything they said if we had a second vote? Only one side of the previous campaign advocates it in the first place - the whole thing is a democratic joke.

So just proving my original point.

From press conference in Brussels. Sky.

16:01

PM: "We are not standing here proposing an extension to the implementation period"
Taking questions, May is asked "what is going wrong".
She says there are some "difficult issues" remaining in Brexit negotiations - especially over the Irish border backstop.
The PM is then asked is it's becoming less and less likely Tory MPs will be able to back her deal, amid their anger at the possibility of an extended transition period.
May says the UK negotiated an implementation period with the EU to end in December 2020 and that she is "not standing here proposing an extension to the implementation period".
Instead, she argues the new idea is to help find a backstop solution to the Irish border issue.

I see. Democracy ended the day after the referendum. Any more democratic votes on how we leave are an affront to democracy.

As I say, just about the only thing that all sides agreed upon before the vote was that there wouldn't be another vote and that the result would be honoured. The only people who are advocating another vote are people that want to reverse the result. I think it would definitely be an affront to democracy.

Pity that all parties didn’t accept the result and have a united front in our negotiations with the EU, things may have been sorted earlier.

Since the result all I have seen/heard is ‘stamping of feet’ because some wouldn’t accept a democratic result.

The problem was that a certain person who wanted the result to go there way and when it didn’t, left and didn’t leave the person who took over with a Plan ‘B’.

Bad losers . Very much like the EU actually ...keep voting till you give us the answer we want .

That does happen a lot in EU land

However the stuff about no second vote was utter gubbins, if anyone had any faith that the first vote meant anything it would have carried a legal mandate rather than simply being an advisory poll

Pity that all parties didn’t accept the result and have a united front in our negotiations with the EU, things may have been sorted earlier.

Since the result all I have seen/heard is ‘stamping of feet’ because some wouldn’t accept a democratic result.

The problem was that a certain person who wanted the result to go there way and when it didn’t, left and didn’t leave the person who took over with a Plan ‘B’.

Think this as close as we’ll ever be to seeing BTK angry ...sums up the mood of a lot of the general public .

;