Non - Brexit

Sky Just said meeting finished and statement imminent.

Now seems media conference cancelled, plus Brexit secretary trip to Brussels off as well.

Last edited:
Cabinet spineless ..we move on to Parliament.

To be fair the bloke screaming NO BREXIT in the background was far more interesting than Apeaser .

Cabinet spineless ..we move on to Parliament.

To be fair the bloke screaming NO BREXIT in the background was far more interesting than Apeaser .

Surely there’s more chance of Jordan Ibe winning player of the season and an England call up than it getting through parliament?

Main points of Theresa May’s earlier statement.

Isn’t this what those that voted for Brexit wanted?

If not, what is missing?

“When you strip away the detail, the choice before us is clear. This deal which delivers on the vote of the referendum, which brings back control of our money, laws and borders; ends free movement; protects jobs, security and our union; or leave with no deal; or no Brexit at all.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-brexit-speech-live-prime-13590343

Main points of Theresa May’s earlier statement.

Isn’t this what those that voted for Brexit wanted?

If not, what is missing?

“When you strip away the detail, the choice before us is clear. This deal which delivers on the vote of the referendum, which brings back control of our money, laws and borders; ends free movement; protects jobs, security and our union; or leave with no deal; or no Brexit at all.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-brexit-speech-live-prime-13590343
She had me at 'protects jobs'.

Rob, is that the best you can do!? I've noticed how you like to try and extricate yourself from any discussions by commenting on the poster and not actually replying to their points.
Nearly Druss. It might have been mildly amusing but for the fact that I was going in, not extricating myself.

Still, its great when you've sat round all day waiting for something however small to get you to your keyboard eh?

Anyway, isn't this the wrong thread for you? I'm more than happy to chat with you there too!

what is missing ?

a timescale for Brexit means Brexit !!!

The draft agreement covers so-called "divorce" issues. It includes a commitment to protect the rights of EU nationals in the UK and Britons living in the EU to continue living, working and studying.
There is also a planned 21-month transition period after the UK leaves the EU in March 2019, and a "financial settlement" from the UK, thought to be about £39bn.
And the most contentious part of the negotiations is a "backstop", which aims to guarantee that physical checks will not be reintroduced at the border with the Irish Republic, in the event this is not settled by a UK-EU trade deal.
Both sides have resolved to ensure the backstop is not necessary by coming up with alternative arrangements.
Speaking at a press conference, EU negotiator Michel Barnier said if this is not possible by July 2020, the transition period could be extended - and if it is still not settled by the end of the transition, the backstop would "kick in".
This would involve a joint UK-EU "single customs territory", so customs checks are not needed on the border.
Northern Ireland would stay aligned to the EU single market rules that are "essential for the avoidance of a hard border", Mr Barnier added.
He said the backstop plan had "evolved considerably" and had been based on the UK's proposal.

Some Tory MPs are angry, claiming it could mean the UK is tied to EU rules for years to come.
Mr Rees-Mogg, who has written to MPs urging them to oppose the proposals, told BBC Radio 5 Live it was "a pretty rotten deal", keeping the UK in the EU's customs union and "splitting up" the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46215930

Says it all when Barnier is on British TV’s tonight explaining the deal whilst Prime Minister May sneak’s off .

;