Non - Brexit

Guy Fawkes's fault......classic f##k up that turned out to be!

500 pages of guff which will give them all plenty of points to argue over for another period of confusion.

Priceless Drivel !

Most people don't give a monkeys whether we stay in or out! Other things to worry about.....life to live!
We only voted so as to.. not feel left out! I changed my mind several times before casually scribbling a cross in the Leave box. I had a few issues which I thought were worth voting Leave for and a few for Remain but it doesn't really matter that much ffs! As long as you can still grow spuds and it rains now and again..we will all survive quite nicely!

Last edited:
Guy Fawkes's fault......classic f##k up that turned out to be!

500 pages of guff which will give them all plenty of points to argue over for another period of confusion.

Priceless Drivel !

Most people don't give a monkeys whether we stay in or out! Other things to worry about.....life to live!
We only voted so as to.. not feel left out! I changed my mind several times before casually scribbling a cross in the Leave box. I had a few issues which I thought were worth voting Leave for and a few for Remain but it doesn't really matter that much ffs! As long as you can still grow spuds and it rains now and again..we will all survive quite nicely!

You probably changed your mind a couple of times just whilst you were writing that post ,nutter .

You probably changed your mind a couple of times just whilst you were writing that post ,nutter .
I knew it would wind up someone...good thing about this forum, no need to be a nutter...just say something they don't agree with and you can be classed as a nutter. Most of my posts are just an act, I'm nowhere near being a real nutjob...sometimes I wish I was with all this Brexit stuff going down!
In the real world i'm completely different...possibly the most sane person on here bar a few!

Last edited:
From the BBC site.

Prime Minister Theresa May will read a statement this morning to MPs at 10:30 GMT in the House of Commons, setting out the terms of her proposed agreement with the EU.

Brexit - poison chalice for a PM, a job no-one wants with nothing but grief from all sides.
The first thing Leavers did was just that, in the full knowledge that what they'd "won" was an impossible dream, so leave the sinking ship, let someone else take all the crap, and moan about it from the sidelines. Boris and Nigel being the worst two proponents of it. Get the gullible public to vote for you, then scuttle away because you know it can't be delivered as you promised.
Having said that, Mrs May showed a massive lack of judgement by having an election, the outcome of which made the delivery of Brexit even more impossible than it already was, relying on the DUP to prop her up an ailing Government, a party whose sole target was to keep the soft border with the Republic.
So now we will probably end up with another election, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the party that has the majority is the one that will keep us in the EU, a second installment of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
And to cap it all, Cameron making noises about a return to front-line politics, the man who started the whole fiasco in the first place.
What a complete clusterfuck all round.

I suggested a while back that Mrs May, being of Remain orientation originally, might engineer a clever plan to keep many ties with the EU...in other words not a True Brexit! I see this as roughly what is occuring. The real hard-line Brexit people, like nowhere man Farage and Ukipeers , are powerless and off the scene! No surprises on the outcome is there?
...the EU is a floundering bureaucratic mess that only really suited Germany, France and the Netherlands. We had 40 years of giving it a go...some good stuff..but much more that didn't suit us. Switzerland and Norway are Ok without membership. We are an Island with a Commonwealth, strong ties with USA and Canada, we trade with China, our language is used by most.
The emerging and future leaders of France, Germany will see the value of making a better relationship with us irrespective of how we end up over Brexit!
After WW2 Germany's impressive rebuild from destruction reached a peak in the 80s/90s and has now flattened out. Frances stability goes up and down. There are so many variants and all countries have the terrorist threats that we need to co-operate over.
I think the fall out will actually be ...when the interfering Trump is gone...all the sane countries of the World flirting with Positives.....even a post -Putin Russia might be more allied with Europe...he is the last of the old guard Kbg bods.
There is much to be positive about. Brexit is only a Word...not a full on Gospel!

There are 8.78 million people residing in London, according to a recent census,
There are 28 member states of the EU, and, according to Wikipedia, 14 of them have populations lower than London, three of them less than I million each.
So, half of the members, though smaller in population, can decide our laws etc..

There are 8.78 million people residing in London, according to a recent census,
There are 28 member states of the EU, and, according to Wikipedia, 14 of them have populations lower than London, three of them less than I million each.
So, half of the members, though smaller in population, can decide our laws etc..

What is your point? Germany should decide our laws?

...Switzerland and Norway are Ok without membership. We are an Island with a Commonwealth, strong ties with USA and Canada, we trade with China, our language is used by most....
Not wanting to dismiss the rest of your post, but two things...
in trade terms, Switzerland and Norway are non-entities compared to the UK, and technically the UK is not an island as it has a border with the EU in Ireland, which is the real crux of the problem. If we became GB and jettisoned Northern Ireland, Brexit itself would have been simplified, but Jimmy Crankie would have been salivating at the prosect of IndyRef2.

;