Non - Brexit

None taken Derek....but you yourself have asked whether anyone has ever understood any of JimnNinas posts.....and of course Derek we have to acknowledge that every single one your own posts, are highly intelligent and with a readable enjoyment factor of 100% and also never subjected to 20 minutes of detective scrutiny to get the drift!

Why thanks for the vote of confidence Bill ;).

Dunno...when I get the info..assuming its worthy....maybe!
I was only joking about the minus minus deals!
What about a deal that gives a veto against countries fully joining the Eu. Ability and laws to deport people who have no funds of living after a certain period of time, let’s say three months, to go home to where they came from. Germany has that deal, would you be happy with that?

Brilliant !! That long paragraph you just wrote could have been spent giving us one of these incredible “facts” , but instead you chose to have a typical remoaner whine... Then every lefties boogey men Trump and Putin show up ..seriously excellent stuff mate ....so regrettable you don’t have more time :rofl:
Comedy gold as ever

The thing that really gets to me, and despite what some think I do listen to the economic arguments for leaving, it's the whole nastiness that seems to have been opened up. Some seem to think it legitimizes rascism ( not saying those on here are) . Just listen to some of the interview on news programmes. Send them all back. We do not want them here. Get back to true British values. I detest all that stuff. Not all who voted for Brexit were rascist, but all rascists who voted would have voted for Brexit.

What about a deal that gives a veto against countries fully joining the Eu. Ability and laws to deport people who have no funds of living after a certain period of time, let’s say three months, to go home to where they came from. Germany has that deal, would you be happy with that?

Not sure if that would be morally acceptable for only three months if whole families are involved ...and I thought the EU , the 'Union' , should mean all the Countries have the same criteria for Immigration..but then I didnt vote Leave for Immigration reasons as some did! Most Remainers wrongly assume we all did!
My wifes life was saved by a surgeon from Ghana and nurses from Poland, Phillipines, Thailand and Portugal mixed in with Brits!
Life on this Planet is increasingly more complex aided and abetted by bureaucracy and greedy misguided politicians. Ironically some of the most practical and straight thinking people ive met are from Holland!

The thing that really gets to me, and despite what some think I do listen to the economic arguments for leaving, it's the whole nastiness that seems to have been opened up. Some seem to think it legitimizes rascism ( not saying those on here are) . Just listen to some of the interview on news programmes. Send them all back. We do not want them here. Get back to true British values. I detest all that stuff. Not all who voted for Brexit were rascist, but all rascists who voted would have voted for Brexit.

Sounds logical but it's not actually true. I only know one truly racist person. She voted remain.

Sadly, Brexit has become a nationalist, almost imperialist ideology. There is nothing more nationalist than “taking back control “. I know many sensible people voted for it ( although I still haven’t heard a good reason for leaving) but as the British flag was hijacked first by the NF and then the BNP, your Brexit has been hijacked by the knuckle dragging far right.

There will always be an exception that proves the rule.

Especially if the rule isn't true.

You are right in that there are plenty of people who want jingoism and racism to overshadow what is a legitimate debate about how the country is governed. It is our responsibility to make sure they don't become a dominant part of the debate. My opinion is that those on the pro remain side who want to overplay this side of it cause as much damage as the racists on the leave side, who despite what many remain activists will tell you are a small part of the debate.

The UK is not perfect but it is a very tolerant country and overstating the levels of racism doesn't help anybody.

Sadly, Brexit has become a nationalist, almost imperialist ideology. There is nothing more nationalist than “taking back control “. I know many sensible people voted for it ( although I still haven’t heard a good reason for leaving) but as the British flag was hijacked first by the NF and then the BNP, your Brexit has been hijacked by the knuckle dragging far right.

Case in point.

Midnight Rant;
So Brexit has become what it has become...i.e. the sum total of Nothing at this Time Junction....look left, look right, look left and right again and drive on......and put everyone who disagrees with your point of view into little boxes with labels saying things like 'Nationalists' , 'Imperialists' and so on! Brilliant...just like the politicians we are frustrated with...we are getting nowhere with any semblance of a debate due to assumptions about peoples Intentions or Political Stance or Reasoning ...Short of Batman or the Lone Ranger zooming in, im not sure where Hope is coming from! Yet...none of us on either side are exactly a Hitler or Stalin Tribute act are we? And Compromise and Ingenuity are sat on the bench with five minute plus stoppage time to go!

Stick that in Google Translate and you're basically saying Brexit voters are racists. Old song, new lyrics.

Yeah, yeah... you put the caveat in about 'sensible people voted for it' but then you immediately shat on that.

And then somehow you suggest the NF and the BNP have hijacked Brexit and are running the show... which must be news to the government, the EU, and pretty much everyone else in Europe!

What a thoughtless, ridiculous post that was.

Is this the emerging Germany Plus model? I read about that one.

Not sure if that would be morally acceptable for only three months if whole families are involved ...and I thought the EU , the 'Union' , should mean all the Countries have the same criteria for Immigration..but then I didnt vote Leave for Immigration reasons as some did! Most Remainers wrongly assume we all did!
My wifes life was saved by a surgeon from Ghana and nurses from Poland, Phillipines, Thailand and Portugal mixed in with Brits!
Life on this Planet is increasingly more complex aided and abetted by bureaucracy and greedy misguided politicians. Ironically some of the most practical and straight thinking people ive met are from Holland!
W
Is this the emerging Germany Plus model? I read about that one.
Yep. Also comes with no obligation to join the euro, no obligation to join schengen, veto on new members, a veto on an Eu army, full access to the single market, full access to the customs union, a seat at the law making table. That’s the deal we should go for.

I don't think many voters trust our politicians with vetos - they've had that power in the past and it hasn't stopped them leading the country in directions that a majority don't approve of. I think many would rather they didn't have the option to approve EU expansion and entry into the Euro.

Or perhaps the EU could sign up to a backstop that meant they could never change any of these things in the future and seek further integration.

Thing is though Derek, the same politicians and their parties are still going to be leading us. Those of us at the bottom of the pile aren't going to be any better off and we only get one vote every 5 years to change them.

;