Non - Brexit

Thing is though Derek, the same politicians and their parties are still going to be leading us. Those of us at the bottom of the pile aren't going to be any better off and we only get one vote every 5 years to change them.

Then best remove their options to mess us up further and make sure they are as accountable as possible. All EU politicians are cut from the same cloth too.

I say this as someone who voted to remain because I could just about live with it but I really don't like this aspect of the EU at all and it is definitely one of the reasons I'm not too upset about the way the vote went.

A few decent ideas coming through now on here...better than the usual 'plagiarsed sh#t' from pseudo-intellectuals ...what is goin down innit know what I mean like ? You know, reams of rules and regulation bollix trying to confuse the older posters...figure infested cr#p from charts etc. Trivia and Euro-bog nonsense!
Anything that is Big Picture or World Based from me is deemed Crazy Rant! ..however mine is future projection thoughts about the real World...straight off the top of my head..not bogged down in plagiarised local Councilese! Much of the Worlds problems are China, USA or Trump/ Putin led.....not bloody Christchurch or Cologne, Cornwall or Cagliari !
Europe is overrated as an idea ..imprisoned by its own bureacracy! We are being Conned also by our own inept Mussoliniesque 'Remainers and Leavers ' belting out their respective 'Sound Selfies' ..For Gods Sake ...come into the kitchen Britain and sniff some Lemon and Ginger Teabags! ..before the rest of the world leaves us behind or shoves us aside like the Red Indians and Aborigines!
New Ideas....bring them on!

They are now talking of this Brexit thing being possibly unresolved in a years time!
All that type of incompetence will achieve is more Ranting on here and more restless paranoia from within the business world !

The thing that really gets to me, and despite what some think I do listen to the economic arguments for leaving, it's the whole nastiness that seems to have been opened up. Some seem to think it legitimizes rascism ( not saying those on here are) . Just listen to some of the interview on news programmes. Send them all back. We do not want them here. Get back to true British values. I detest all that stuff. Not all who voted for Brexit were rascist, but all rascists who voted would have voted for Brexit.

Is that really the best you can do ,the racism card ? It’s so 2016 .

I’m still waiting on your facts as to why Brexit is the craziest decision a country has ever made ,you said it was very simple please indulge us .

Wanting to boss your own Nation is not Racist!

You would not be called a Racist if your next door neighbour came into your house and tried to run your family budget for you and order your kids around......and you told him to leave!

One of Britains biggest Racists....Lennie Henry the 'sometimes funny' comedian, has made a fortune out of Racist Jokes but because he is from a ' minority' faction of the population ....its accepted!

We already could boss our own nation. The immigration rules within EU regulations that weren't enforced by a succession of Governments a good example.

Is that really the best you can do ,the racism card ? It’s so 2016 .

I’m still waiting on your facts as to why Brexit is the craziest decision a country has ever made ,you said it was very simple please indulge us .

For once I agree with you.

Brexit isn't the craziest decision a country ever made; but it comes a close second to Uganda throwing out all the Asians . Which caused the economy to collapse.

Actually, now I come to think about it, it's probably joint first.

We have a choice of Germany, Canada, Norway etc. As long as it’s not British, it might work.

'As long as it’s not British...'

Exactly!

Aren't you even a little curious as to why the EU has tailored deals with all those other nations but refuses to work with the UK, the world's fifth largest economy?

The EU is constantly running around the globe doing trade deals but weirdly isn't interested in doing the right thing, including for its own members, when it comes to us - don't you find that strange?

It's because the suits at the EU aren't interested in the people of Europe - what's vastly more important is that their pride and little project have been knocked, and so they're stropping around like they've been dumped.

They're sulking about, being difficult, even if doing so means that everybody loses out.

It's a pathetic display.

As for you...

You know you can be a passionate remainer but at the same time admit that the EU are trying to screw the UK as it leaves.

Brexit isn't the craziest decision a country ever made; but it comes a close second to Uganda throwing out all the Asians . Which caused the economy to collapse.

The economy collapsing ...no hyperbole there then ...now where did I hear that before ?aaaah yes that would have been project fear mk1 on what would happen if we voted to leave ( not when we left but just by voting for it ) recession ,extra 500 thousand unemployed ,emergency budget just to stay afloat,gdp collapsing .
Yet here we still are with the same voices, the same dire predictions and the same mugs lapping it up .

The kenyan economy was impacted by that policy decision.

Are there any published policies and predictions for post 29 march uk business as usual?

Could be a surplus of soundbites going cheap.

We already could boss our own nation. The immigration rules within EU regulations that weren't enforced by a succession of Governments a good example.

So a few things with this:

Let's imagine a party stood for election on a platform of overtly tightening down immigration within the EU rules, deporting peoples who do not meet the letter of current EU regulations - as is allowed. Now how many of the same people currently on the Remain side of the Brexit argument, would have labeled that policy and party as far right, toxic, racist, xenophobic etc? My bet would be many. I know this is rather stawman, but it seems disingenuous of you to suggest that now. Please forgive if I've got that wrong, and that you would have actually have supported such a policy.

EU members who have tried to tighten their immigration within the EU rules, have faced criticism and backlash in other ways from the EU. See Italy and Austria. Also see Switzerland under the EEA framework arguing over that.

In any case - Whatever can be done with EU immigration, does nothing about non EU immigration. EU member states in being limited in what they can do for EU migration inevitably then discriminate against non EU immigration requests. It's made hugely expensive and very time consuming and difficult for non EU peoples to apply. That to me is wrong.

Why grant easy access to people simply because they were born in an EU member country rather than a non-EU country. I want individuals to be judged as individuals, via a system that applies the eligibility criteria universally. We cannot do that in the EU. But that is actually a lot less racist/xenophobic than the two-tier system we have now.

Idi Amin ruled Uganda at the time, He was trying to get Britain to supply him with arms so he could invade Tanzania.
When the British government declined to help him, he decided to throw out the Indians who were citizens of Britain and its colonies. 27000 Indians then emigrated to the UK, thus giving the land back to the Ugandans. Kenya closed it borders at the time, although 2000 did settle there.

So a few things with this:

Let's imagine a party stood for election on a platform of overtly tightening down immigration within the EU rules, deporting peoples who do not meet the letter of current EU regulations - as is allowed. Now how many of the same people currently on the Remain side of the Brexit argument, would have labeled that policy and party as far right, toxic, racist, xenophobic etc? My bet would be many. I know this is rather stawman, but it seems disingenuous of you to suggest that now. Please forgive if I've got that wrong, and that you would have actually have supported such a policy.

EU members who have tried to tighten their immigration within the EU rules, have faced criticism and backlash in other ways from the EU. See Italy and Austria. Also see Switzerland under the EEA framework arguing over that.

In any case - Whatever can be done with EU immigration, does nothing about non EU immigration. EU member states in being limited in what they can do for EU migration inevitably then discriminate against non EU immigration requests. It's made hugely expensive and very time consuming and difficult for non EU peoples to apply. That to me is wrong.

Why grant easy access to people simply because they were born in an EU member country rather than a non-EU country. I want individuals to be judged as individuals, via a system that applies the eligibility criteria universally. We cannot do that in the EU. But that is actually a lot less racist/xenophobic than the two-tier system we have now.

I put this point to Stan and others - the idea that being pro EU is somehow more open and inclusive is simply not true. It is by definition a protectionist trading organisation and that includes labour. There really is no difference between the little Englander mindset and being pro EU on this point other than one is bigger than the other (so the inequalities in wages within the group is easier for big business to exploit).

No answer unfortunately.

Idi Amin ruled Uganda at the time, He was trying to get Britain to supply him with arms so he could invade Tanzania.
When the British government declined to help him, he decided to throw out the Indians who were citizens of Britain and its colonies. 27000 Indians then emigrated to the UK, thus giving the land back to the Ugandans. Kenya closed it borders at the time, although 2000 did settle there.

Some of the expelled British Asians did return to Uganda.

Take the Madhavani family - they're involved in sugar, sweets, packaging, security, flowers, life assurance, construction, tea, glass, furniture, steel, hotels and resorts, distribution and an airport.

It's incredible how so many of those expelled did so well afterwards, whether back in Uganda or in the UK.

Spent a fair amount of time in Uganda in the last decade .Indians have pretty much gone back to doing what they were doing before ie keeping the country running along with the NGO’s and the Chinese .governement graft is rife your unlikely to do well being Black Ugandan unless your in with M7 and the NRM or you leave .

;