Non - Brexit

What really irritates me is how obstinate Theresa May is - it's her way or no way.
To borrow that phrase by Leo Amery in 1940 :-
"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

Hopefully gone by the end of the week...

Watching the events in Parlo as they unfold this Savo........So if we stay In we are Screwed...if we come Out we are Screwed! Mays deal is the Nut Halfway up the Thread....so it might be the best place to have it..does that make any sense? She is attempting to be a Strong Deliverer on that front...with most of the others offering up very weak vacuous mutterings!
She would be gone by now if it was any different..cant anyone see that?

On top of that...half the f#ckers havent even turned up! Right honourable wastes of space ?

Last edited:
What really irritates me is how obstinate Theresa May is - it's her way or no way.
"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

My favourite quote from that speech was “The essence of peace-time democratic government is discussion, conference and agreement; the Cabinet is in a sense a miniature Parliament. The main aim is agreement, the widest possible measure of agreement. To secure that it is necessary to compromise, to postpone, to rediscuss. Under those conditions there are no far-reaching plans for sudden action. It is a good thing to let policies develop as you go along and get people educated by circumstances.”

However you could find many pro/negatives from said speech, it’s many things to many people. http://www.ukpol.co.uk/leo-amery-1940-speech-in-the-house-of-commons/

You know that Leo is the leader of one of the 27? Plus I doubt the others are likely to interfere too much if he is happy with a proposed solution.
Maybe I read you wrong. My bad. I thought you were implying the NI issue was all of a sudden a easily solved ‘unique’ issue by Dublin, even though it’s been created by London and described by London as an easy problem to solve. Mea culpa

Last edited:
Maybe I read you wrong. I thought you were implying the NI issue was a ‘unique’ issue. It is and it will be retained and resolved by the 27 not the 1.

Who's the 1 you're referring to? The UK or Ireland? In truth it's probably going to be a fudge like the GFA, which will primarily involve the UK and Ireland agreeing on a bespoke solution in my opinion.

Uk and Ireland...have been around and next to each other for a few thousand years plus now.........they can surely work out between them how to organise and run a little ' border' without the help of a score of hysterical knobjockeys from across the surf .....ye Gods seek me out a Genius before I die from a thousand of my own ideas !FFS!

So now....its yet another Knight of his own Round Table.... Letwin , another Anti-Meritocracy Bounder from the Cad Factory at Eton, coming into the Forefront .......a game of Who Takes the Baton on the the Next leg of the Race to be the Next Prime Minister....thats what its about now, not the Brexit Cup !
Now we face a longer delay?

Has she gone yet?

My favourite quote from that speech was “The essence of peace-time democratic government is discussion, conference and agreement; the Cabinet is in a sense a miniature Parliament. The main aim is agreement, the widest possible measure of agreement. To secure that it is necessary to compromise, to postpone, to rediscuss. Under those conditions there are no far-reaching plans for sudden action. It is a good thing to let policies develop as you go along and get people educated by circumstances.”

However you could find many pro/negatives from said speech, it’s many things to many people. http://www.ukpol.co.uk/leo-amery-1940-speech-in-the-house-of-commons/
Thanks for that DC, very interesting. I will read that tonight.
Although his speech was about the Governments conduct of the war, currently reading a book about that time and Amery's speech was made after the debacle in Norway and Churchill was just as much to blame for that as Chamberlain.
Interesting times, then and now. Thanks.

Thanks for that DC, very interesting. I will read that tonight.
Although his speech was about the Governments conduct of the war, currently reading a book about that time and Amery's speech was made after the debacle in Norway and Churchill was just as much to blame for that as Chamberlain.
Interesting times, then and now. Thanks.
Hi TCherry, please ignore my post. It was me being obstinate and just tying to pick holes in things. I stumbled across that quote by chance to be honest.

If/when she goes......oh boy are we in for some treats or what!
Its a disgrace how the Countries Government(?) has failed to support its Leader versus people from other forces trying to squeeze even more Money from our Taxes. Thats what the talks(?) over there are really about! Taxes needed to mend OUR roads. See if you can spot a pothole in Germany or Holland!
And; another name for Kuenssberg to Spit her Acid at..... and coerce half a Nation(?) to Fear the World!

Last edited:

;