Non - Brexit

I read that as their own vote but I see your point . Remember they only have a population of five million so in effect Jimmy Krankie is saying the vote of a few million remainers up there could overturn the whole of the UK vote. After voting to remain as part of the UK that doesn't strike me as being democratic. Where do we draw the lines ?

I agree re: where do we draw the lines. I don't think Cameron necessarily put much thought into the consequences - I think he thought remain would win easily.

I've often wondered if the whole of the UK had been allowed to vote in the independence referendum whether Scotland would be an independent nation now?

Perhaps we should all listen to Major John....screaming at the moon....about we dont know what we are doing....like he knew what he was doing in the 90s! F#ck me..everyone with a voicebox and a pair of feet on this....thousands of answers to the one question..'what the f#ck is going on?'.
But no Action.

Electoral commission report on the 2017 general election = 1conviction 8 cautions

U.K. govt interpretation in their daily propaganda rag - let’s give some crusty old men a hard on by making it more difficult for the poor and minorities to vote.

Attachments

• A2C1280F-946D-4B6F-86AD-68BF5FD32572.jpeg
    A2C1280F-946D-4B6F-86AD-68BF5FD32572.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 5
Madness.

Nearly 1,000 foreign IS family members escaped a Syrian camp during a Turkish offensive after IS fighters fled a prison - as the UN said more than 130,000 Kurds have been displaced.

The terror group said it was behind a car bombing on Friday in Qamishli, the largest city in Kurdish-held northern Syria, which allowed some of the thousands of IS fighters held in Syria to escape.

Donald Trump reacted to criticism of the US pulling its forces out of northeastern Syria by tweeting on Sunday it was "very smart" to not be involved in the fighting "for a change" - and said of the Kurds and Turkey fighting: "Let them!"

https://news.sky.com/story/syria-is...s-130-000-people-flee-turkish-forces-11834146

Last edited:
Madness.

Nearly 1,000 foreign IS family members escaped a Syrian camp during a Turkish offensive after IS fighters fled a prison - as the UN said more than 130,000 Kurds have been displaced.

The terror group said it was behind a car bombing on Friday in Qamishli, the largest city in Kurdish-held northern Syria, which allowed some of the thousands of IS fighters held in Syria to escape.

Donald Trump reacted to criticism of the US pulling its forces out of northeastern Syria by tweeting on Sunday it was "very smart" to not be involved in the fighting "for a change" - and said of the Kurds and Turkey fighting: "Let them!"

https://news.sky.com/story/syria-is...s-130-000-people-flee-turkish-forces-11834146

what is the relevance to Brexit ?

Electoral commission report on the 2017 general election = 1conviction 8 cautions

U.K. govt interpretation in their daily propaganda rag - let’s give some crusty old men a hard on by making it more difficult for the poor and minorities to vote.

Does it not occur to you for one second how condescending not to mention racist you sound that the poor and minorities don’t have the capacity to be able to come up with an ID . Something you need to buy booze or cigarettes ,get on a plane have a phone contract and a myriad of other things ...obviously I guess that makes me a crusty old man on planet leftie .

Does it not occur to you for one second how condescending not to mention racist you sound that the poor and minorities don’t have the capacity to be able to come up with an ID . Something you need to buy booze or cigarettes ,get on a plane have a phone contract and a myriad of other things ...obviously I guess that makes me a crusty old man on planet leftie .

Nice try but you have to pay to get a passport or driving licence and poor people are statistically less likely to have them. Effectively meaning you have to pay to vote. There's no doubt that requiring these forms if ID will benefit the tory party.

Nice try but you have to pay to get a passport or driving licence and poor people are statistically less likely to have them. Effectively meaning you have to pay to vote. There's no doubt that requiring these forms if ID will benefit the tory party.

yet strangely I doubt you had a problem with Blair opening up postal voting to all and sundry ..I can’t think why .

It is relevant to all present EU countries, but probably not the US.

Those escaped prisoners could be a threat to Europe but probably not the US.

If Turkey carry out their threat of releasing millions of refugees, where do you think they will go?

EU leaders including the UK have told Turkey to stop their invasion, but it seems to have fallen on death ears.

So now we have Turkey fighting the Kurds who fought alongside the US and the West. Syria going against Turkey.

Turkey a member of NATO as well.

All the fighting to beat the terrorists who they captured could be wasted.

Madness.

What was the long term plan with these camps? ‘ISIS family members’ are these people dangerous? Or, are they just wives and children of dangerous people?

I’m currently in Turkey, and it doesn’t seem to be a big deal here.

Lot’s of Turkish crowded around a TV the other night to watch them beat Albania in Euro 20, no one really taking any notice of the news.

I seem to remember vote leave being up in arms that Turkey was going to join the EU. Wait a minute, that wouldn't have been project fear would it?

In all seriousness though, the geopolitical situation in Turkey matters immensely if we are talking immigration into the EU (one of the main concerns of people voting Brexit). Strategically they have the EU by the balls at the moment.

Do you not agree the response to the statistics seems disproportionate?

;