Non - Brexit

France is not in recession, Italy is not in recession. Whatever prefix you put on it the UK is in recession. The chancellor admitted today that we have not turned a corner but he hopes to in the near future. We can all quote facts.

ONS

The popular definition of a recession is usually considered to be at least two consecutive quarters of economic contraction – or ‘negative growth’ – in Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

However, this rule of thumb definition was not the result of detailed analysis by academics and it has no official status.

France isn't in recession probably because they dodged the Putin bullet by having 56 nuclear reactors. I guess you'd approve of that ?

I know you hate the country stan but the UK is still the second largest economy in Europe, much larger than Italy which is chronically corrupt and always on the edge of some sort of financial disaster.

You and druss have been forecasting the end of the world as we know it since 2016 and it hasn't happened.

Remainers need to move on..... I would if I was one ....and I nearly was on the very day of the Referendum...only their case wasn't compelling enough for someone on the fence to savour..no sadly it wasn't...no one was explaining the Pros of remaining were they ?.No Popeye...only the f√cking Cons of leaving !
- Marketplace mistake Batman ! ...that..in this day and age of superior advertising...f√ck me what a right cockin' Horlicks from the now 'Lord Cameron'. Ha ha hah.

You gorra larf innit !

Note:
As one gets older he / she generally gets to accept the 'changes' that Life and Politics throws up..notwithstanding that you have to grasp at 'coping mechanisms'.
Think...Once upon a Time we had 'friendly' Romans and 'gregarious' Vikings stomping around Dorset's Blackmore Vale and Cranborne Chase !

Last edited:
Sounds very similar to UK plc ?

chronically corrupt and always on the edge of some sort of financial disaster.

You're a happy chappy aren't you Jim.

A serial moaning minnie who must live a really miserable life in what is one of the best areas of the UK ( I'm presuming that despite your Scottish roots you live down here ?)

Embrace the fact you live in a fantastic part of the world , In a fantastic country with living standards far higher than most other places on the planet.

Just for a minute eh. Is that even possible for you ?

ONS

The popular definition of a recession is usually considered to be at least two consecutive quarters of economic contraction – or ‘negative growth’ – in Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

However, this rule of thumb definition was not the result of detailed analysis by academics and it has no official status.

France isn't in recession probably because they dodged the Putin bullet by having 56 nuclear reactors. I guess you'd approve of that ?

I know you hate the country stan but the UK is still the second largest economy in Europe, much larger than Italy which is chronically corrupt and always on the edge of some sort of financial disaster.

You and druss have been forecasting the end of the world as we know it since 2016 and it hasn't happened.
It’s so pathetic that you use the argument that I hate my country when you know it’s not true. I hate the corrupt government that you blindly adore and resorting to puerile statements to make yourself somehow superior is something that should be beneath a person of your intellect. You should sometimes reflect on what you say before posting it. You’ve made yourself look like one of the more ignorant posters on here.

You’ve made yourself look like one of the more ignorant posters on here.

'Pathetic', 'purile'', superior', 'beneath', 'ignorant.'

That's a strong response stan, chapeau.

You’ve made yourself look like one of the more ignorant posters on here.

Harsh. Italy's lovely btw. We were there in Sept, the Mafia had clearly come to a deal with the local Government down in Naples as it suddenly had a spring clean since our last visit. Great economy though, we really should be replicating them.

You're a happy chappy aren't you Jim.

A serial moaning minnie who must live a really miserable life in what is one of the best areas of the UK ( I'm presuming that despite your Scottish roots you live down here ?)

Embrace the fact you live in a fantastic part of the world , In a fantastic country with living standards far higher than most other places on the planet.

Just for a minute eh. Is that even possible for you ?
It's all for the best in the land flowing with food banks, crumbling school buildings, street sleepers, places in the lords for party donors, lucrative contracts for cronies and family.
Living standards for the minority are at the expense of the majority.

Fantasy meets reality.

It's all for the best in the land flowing with food banks, crumbling school buildings, street sleepers, places in the lords for party donors, lucrative contracts for cronies and family.
Living standards for the minority are at the expense of the majority.

Fantasy meets reality.

Is Christchurch really that bad now?

"There'll be trucks queuing for miles" - Ha Brexit! Sunlight uplands hahahaha
"There'll be some small manageable number of trucks" - Ha Brexit! Sunlight uplands hahahaha
There’ll be another £24m thrown down the sink. Going well isn’t it?

Good grief, that’s clutching at straws. Brilliant logic, though. If we hadn’t joined the EU, we wouldn’t have had to endure Brexit. I like your thinking.

Kind of an important point though Stan. Perhaps they should have asked the people if they were ok with joining, then we wouldn't have had the disruption caused by leaving.

;