Non - Bury FC

Bitzer

Star Player
Just noticed that despite promotion Bury are up for sale and have financial problems again. Their players haven't been paid for a couple of months but decided not to publicize the fact because they didn't want to derail the promotion push. As more intelligent people than me have said in the past, " Never forget where we came from ". Mind you, not a lot of time for their manager after he nearly ended Tommy's career.

It's a shame clubs in the Championship and below don't get the significant amounts of money clubs in the Premier League get for finishing a particular place.

You'll probably find that Bury's "prize money" is only in the thousands

Hurrah!

Brighton.
If only. It could never happen to the most squeaky clean, most financially compliant chairman and supporters in the history of the game.
By the way , their latest gripe is about clubs like ours and palaces shirt sponsors and how we both take the filthy lucre from companies who deal in misery. Remind me someone how their chairman makes his money?

Obviously God has finally realised what I have known for years.

There are too many clubs beginning with B in the football league; the day of reckoning is at hand.

I'm not quite sure that you would have been that pious had a Bury fan posted that about us around ten years ago!

On the grounds that Bury fans are 'proper' fans (i.e. not glory hunters) and on the 'grace of god principle', I would like to see us play a pre-season friendly away against them ASAP and allow them to keep the gate receipts!

I'm not quite sure that you would have been that pious had a Bury fan posted that about us around ten years ago!

On the grounds that Bury fans are 'proper' fans (i.e. not glory hunters) and on the 'grace of god principle', I would like to see us play a pre-season friendly away against them ASAP and allow them to keep the gate receipts!
And then when they meet us one day in the PL we can pantronise them over how we single handedly saved their club

Hope both those clubs get their stuff sorted.
The memories of our bad days are always alive when these poverty- like stories emerge.
I remember a guy in Poole ( a Town fan) questioning me about the morality or whatever about us doing the bucket event....I explained it by saying that personally I feared picking up a paper and not seeing Bournemouth in Any league table, even non - league....and thereafter nothing to talk about...no Boscombe football! I honestly thought it was to be a complete end!
We had already been let down at the end of the Walker/ Bond era. with the Benson fiasco!

I would have ended up as a Poole Town fan I imagine if we had folded forever!

The Real Bolton and Bury fans though, wont consider going to Manu or ManC !

Hope both those clubs get their stuff sorted.
The memories of our bad days are always alive when these poverty- like stories emerge.
I remember a guy in Poole ( a Town fan) questioning me about the morality or whatever about us doing the bucket event....I explained it by saying that personally I feared picking up a paper and not seeing Bournemouth in Any league table, even non - league....and thereafter nothing to talk about...no Boscombe football! I honestly thought it was to be a complete end!
We had already been let down at the end of the Walker/ Bond era. with the Benson fiasco!

I would have ended up as a Poole Town fan I imagine if we had folded forever!

The Real Bolton and Bury fans though, wont consider going to Manu or ManC !
I remember going to Bury in the play offs. Really nice football people who like us loved their local side.
Also met a Bolton supporter at that game who was a really nice guy. Hopefully both clubs will get through it for the genuine supporters.

...both teams hold something in our historical DNA...I hope that hey can find solutions to their problems like we did...?

;