Non - Bury FC

Trouble is that, although it's quite a populated area, there are a lot of clubs close together. Getting a decent fanbase must be difficult as some 'fans' will drift to whoever is doing better at the time. We are quite lucky in that our nearest rivals (??) are some 27 miles away!

Trouble is that, although it's quite a populated area, there are a lot of clubs close together. Getting a decent fanbase must be difficult as some 'fans' will drift to whoever is doing better at the time. We are quite lucky in that our nearest rivals (??) are some 27 miles away!
And not doing as well as us

...sounds more like they have been 'mis-managed' and once again the fans suffer!

Hi all-lifelong Shaker (55) here.
Pretty desperate times at Gigg Lane with our previous owner vastly over-spending and our new one proving difficult to say the least. Suffice to say we have a winding up order deferred to the 19th June and we look like going into admin to save our club..
I have been to Dean Court, once 1-1, the season we went up as champions from the third tier from memory and have seen many Shakers v Cherries games at Gigg.
If you could even manage a fiver or tenner to help us out it would be really appreciated!.
https://www.gofundme.com/save-bury-football-club

Thanks in advance for any donations.

That's grim news.

Surely the EFL wouldn't dump them out of the league before the season has even started?

Hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

I doubt (hope) that they will, but I do recall them keeping us hanging on until just before the start of the season before allowing us our golden share in the EFL and that jazz. Doing similar to ensure football debts get committed to I imagine

Paaaah! Id like to see all 90 odd clubs get the same dob out of money each year! Irrespective of who is televised.
And...every club having to field say, 8 English players.
Then we might get closer to Boscombe trouncing Barca in a Euro Final with them fielding 8 players from Catalonia.....and Stockport County anihilating Bayern or Manu the following year....basic Football without all the Crap that is foisted on it by Market Force Tossers....yaaaaahhhh!

I honestly believe the EFL thought and hoped they had finished us off when they gave us the 17 point deduction. That and our fragile ownership and no money would rid them of us within 12 months. Little did they know about a bloke called Eddie......................................

;