Non - Bury FC

I'm a bit conflicted here.

Great to see the EFL finally saying 'enough' but that could, and probably should, have been us a few years ago when the numerous shysters, chancers and villains were in charge at DC.

Maybe if the EFL took a much closer look at those taking over clubs and also set some rules about hiving off assets/revenue streams football clubs would be a lot less attractive to the shysters and chancers?

Saying they should be tough on the clubs, leaving the fans to suffer, is a tad harsh when it's their lax regime that is allowing it to happen.

Good luck to Bury. There but for the grace of Eddie...

Maybe if the EFL took a much closer look at those taking over clubs and also set some rules about hiving off assets/revenue streams football clubs would be a lot less attractive to the shysters and chancers?

Saying they should be tough on the clubs, leaving the fans to suffer, is a tad harsh when it's their lax regime that is allowing it to happen.

Good luck to Bury. There but for the grace of Eddie...
Didn't afcb's afcb lose £200k+ a month or something last year? Its not THE EFL only. Its the clubs who asset strip or spend more than they can afford.

The EFL set the rules for clubs in the FL, they can't influence the PL. If they had stringent rules that any club getting relegated had to adhere to then player contracts would have to change to accommodate that.

The EFL set the rules for clubs in the FL, they can't influence the PL. If they had stringent rules that any club getting relegated had to adhere to then player contracts would have to change to accommodate that.
I wasn't suggesting that they could change it, just that football and greed go hand-in-hand above and below the EFL.

We as fans who have experienced similar problems with our club and so understand what their fans are going through.

Unfortunately a number of the fans of Premier League teams don’t and only understand or are ionly nterested in football in the top league/league’s.

the EFL Board is of the strong opinion that it cannot continue to suspend fixtures indefinitely and, after Wednesday’s deadline for information was passed without a successful resolution, it will now lift the suspension on the notice of withdrawal of membership of the EFL.
Bury were served the notice of withdrawal of membership on 25 July 2019 and it has remained suspended until today (8 August 2019).
As per the League’s Articles of Association, this will now give the Club 14 days (until 23 August 2019) to meet all outstanding requirements of the League’s insolvency policy or its membership of the EFL will be withdrawn.

I honestly believe the EFL thought and hoped they had finished us off when they gave us the 17 point deduction. That and our fragile ownership and no money would rid them of us within 12 months. Little did they know about a bloke called Eddie......................................

We weren't the only team to get punished that season. Luton (-30) and Rotherham (-17) also got punished. I think after the Leicester administration fiasco, the EFL were desperate to try and close the loop holes.

Haven't Bolton been playing their kids and getting humped. You'll wonder what happens if Bury start playing later, do all the teams yet to play them complain about not getting the 3-0 bye that others had, or are they so bad that he teams that already played complain about only being given 3-0 as the goal difference would come in handy

Haven't Bolton been playing their kids and getting humped. You'll wonder what happens if Bury start playing later, do all the teams yet to play them complain about not getting the 3-0 bye that others had, or are they so bad that he teams that already played complain about only being given 3-0 as the goal difference would come in handy
Didn't think anything other than postponiong the games had happened. they haven't awarded the points to the other teams.

The spiral in morality is hard to watch. Player and agent greed, layered on with really inept, ego driven owners and boards who have no real connection with a club. I echo the thoughts of many here. Sad day. We have been among the few and fortunate to have dodged the bullet so far.

Really sad and very poignant. If Bury do go under - and none of us have any power over that - I hope some form of phoenix Club will be created but that would have to wait til next Season now.
Perhaps a minutes applause at grounds around the Country if Bury do go. We recognise the loss of individuals in this way - the loss of a Club is no less worthy of recognition.

;