Non - Bury FC

While the Premier League is awash with cash. Greedy b*st*rds.

It's absolutely disgusting.

£3M less prize money for every EPL position would generate enough to aid L1 & L2 clubs in a big way.
But there again, unsavoury owners need to be weeded out.

Am I right in saying there is no extra prize money for winning L1 or L2 as all teams get the same payout?

Have tried to google prize money in the lower league, but cant find much.

While the Premier League is awash with cash. Greedy b*st*rds.

Whilst I agree with the principle, I suppose the situation, as I understand it from reports, is if it a guy can buy a club for a one pound, not pay any of it's debts and demand multiple millions from others that want to take it over, if PL clubs bailed them out then other lower league clubs would become a magnet for those looking to enrich themselves.

It's a bit of a Catch-22.

The EFL allowed him to take over so should shoulder a lot of the responsibility.

Ah OK DJ. Yeah that’s not a good look. I was working with it on in the background so thought you meant a countdown on the yellow ticker

Could so easily have been us. There has to be a better model for football than one where a shyster with no money can try to asset strip what is essentially a community resource.

Ironically what may have saved us in our darkest hour was that we had no assets to borrow against.

I hope that, somehow, Bury and Bolton come out of this with a league team whether directly or through a phoenix club.

Last edited:
Could so easily have been us. There has to be a better model for football than one where a shyster with no money can try to asset strip what is essentially a community resource.

Ironically what may have saved us in our darkest hour was that we had no assets to borrow against.

What technically, and therefore actually, saved us when Baker (who I still think had honest intentions, just not much money) and Savvi (who had neither money and nor a truthful fibre in his body) were approached by two genuine, authentic, hard-nosed shysters with no money and no care for our club, Swan and Agar, was actually Jeff Mostyn.

The debenture that Mostyn had over Baker and the company prevented Swan and Agar taking over the club for free, liquidating it and starting a phoenix AFC AFC Bournemouth.

Thanks to Mostyn, we dodged not a bullet, but a nuclear strike right on ground zero.

Baker's haulage (?) business went bust and that had a huge knock on effect. There were some nasty threats around at that time. Would love the whole story to come out sometime.

Baker's haulage (?) business went bust and that had a huge knock on effect. There were some nasty threats around at that time. Would love the whole story to come out sometime.

From memory Baker had all but sold his transport businessa nd was going to use that money to invest in AFCB.

Woolworth's, his biggest customer, went bust and the sale fell through at the 11th hour.

leaving Baker up shitcreek without a paddle at AFCB.

Seemed like a half decent bloke who could give Willow a run for his money in a Mr Creosote lookalike competition.

Just found this:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/4424587.cherries-baker-the-true-cost/

no competition when it comes to Mr Creosote winner.

Most of the story is in the public domain. But it is highly fragmented and needs someone with a couple of days to waste to sit down and piece it together.

There were some nasty threats from nasty people, but like all those who have learnt from the Robert Maxwell School of Ethical Business, the threats proved largely empty.

...both teams hold something in our historical DNA...I hope that hey can find solutions to their problems like we did...?

Sooner or later though a “ big” club and I would actually say Bolton are a big club will have to go under for any changes to happen ....the whole system now is so f*cking corrupt it’s laughable ...I think it was Dawson that said a few weeks ago “ we’re paying a single player more per week than the amount of debt that nearly put us under .

Obviously I wouldn’t want Bolton per say to go bust any of the Inaugural members of the premier league would be fine though larger the club the better .

Now that is proper shite. The football authorities should be embarrassed into looking into exactly what's gone on there with a fine tooth comb. It's happened on their watch and they should do their jobs.

Hopefully they will land in a half decent league and will be able to enjoy their rise back up the leagues.

I’m sure everyone in the English football world will be gutted ....for a week or so ..... Still Manu and Citeh are ok and will probably spend tens of millions in the next window ....Can’t wait for this whole ponzie scheme to crash .

;