Non - General Election 2024

I had my polling card for the local elections in May the other day, I don’t suppose it’s cheap to do these things, but we will all be expected to vote again in a few months at even more expense, just do it all on the same day and save a few quid, everyone knows the result anyway. A total waste of time and money

Reform UK. Is that a more extreme version of the current Tories?
I see Reform UK has one policy of Net Zero Immigration.

I thought Brexit was going to give us control of our borders. :throw:

That went well didn't it. Lying bastards. Still waiting for that £350M pw for the NHS

That went well didn't it. Lying bastards. Still waiting for that £350M pw for the NHS

Could reduce net migration by stopping people moving abroad from here.

We are going to be at War with some mofo or orher before this decade is ended....so might as well have a Coalition now.
Wars are fought by proxies these days, a bit like the cold war. Would be difficult for a US President to send the troops in anywhere - and we wouldn't commit without US support.
I think NATO won't send troops into Ukraine and Russia might provoke but wouldn't attack a NATO country.
It will eventually all get nasty between China and the US in the Pacific/Taiwan or the India Pakistan border.

We would struggle to take the Falklands back again, but might stand a chance in an all out conflict against the Faroe Islands or the Vatican.

The Political situation now is such that we might as well be back in the days of multiple tribes 2,000 years ago, across these islands and the European continent.

Control has been lost...chaos prevails..

Nothing from Immigration Issues, through to NHS, Railways or Potholes is being sorted or progressed.

MONEY is the only concern for those in the Power positions...and that is reflected in Sport and Leisure too.

Reactions: Mdl

Fun fact! Compared to 2015/16, the NHS receives an extra £746,000,000 per week.

Fun fact! Compared to 2015/16, the NHS receives an extra £746,000,000 per week.

The budget in 2015 was £3.6bn per week. £36 in BOE inflation calculator returns £47.61, so to "match" inflation the budget should be £4.7bn per week. That's still £350m short, that magic number again.

I think we have (technically) got control of our borders- it’s just that this current shower of inept shapeshifters haven’t got the wherewithal to exercise any control. I look forward to Labour’s plans, hopefully they’ll tell us before the election!

;