Non - General Election 2024

Reform UK. Is that a more extreme version of the current Tories?
I see Reform UK has one policy of Net Zero Immigration.

I thought Brexit was going to give us control of our borders. :throw:

That went well didn't it. Lying bastards. Still waiting for that £350M pw for the NHS
Ironically despite their name they're not calling for the one thing I would support- electoral and parliamentary reform.

Reform UK. Is that a more extreme version of the current Tories?
I see Reform UK has one policy of Net Zero Immigration.

I thought Brexit was going to give us control of our borders. :throw:

That went well didn't it. Lying bastards. Still waiting for that £350M pw for the NHS
I didn't see that here:

EDIT: it's here: https://assets.nationbuilder.com/re...0/Reform_is_Essential_-_5Oct23.pdf?1696527070

(seems a bit arbitrary and daft IMO!)
Ironically despite their name they're not calling for the one thing I would support- electoral and parliamentary reform.
Reform and shrinking the House of Lords and PR?

Wars are fought by proxies these days, a bit like the cold war. Would be difficult for a US President to send the troops in anywhere - and we wouldn't commit without US support.
I think NATO won't send troops into Ukraine and Russia might provoke but wouldn't attack a NATO country.
It will eventually all get nasty between China and the US in the Pacific/Taiwan or the India Pakistan border.

We would struggle to take the Falklands back again, but might stand a chance in an all out conflict against the Faroe Islands or the Vatican.
I would'nt join up. My mate from school lives in the Faroes.

Anyway the mighty Denmark would then get involved ;)

I think that it was, but for so many macro-socio reasons that are not customarily mentioned. Just going back to the days before rampant social media would be a huge improvement.
Yet you’ve just posted that on social media which you couldn’t in the old days.

I didn't see that here:

EDIT: it's here: https://assets.nationbuilder.com/re...0/Reform_is_Essential_-_5Oct23.pdf?1696527070

(seems a bit arbitrary and daft IMO!)

Reform and shrinking the House of Lords and PR?
Thanks for pointing me to that. Those suggestions actually sound sane if you ignore the bit about the civil service being left wing!

Another example of why we should vote for policies and not parties. Many people on all sides could agree on individual things that are needed but are too entrenched in the party politics side of things.

Another example of why we should vote for policies and not parties. Many people on all sides could agree on individual things that are needed but are too entrenched in the party politics side of things.
I agree with you about voting for policies, but unless we have referenda throughout the year, I cannot find any one party that has a slate of policies that even remotely represent my current views.

The latest Yougov poll shows 55% of people think Brexit was a mistake compared to 34% of people who think it’s working.

Support for the Conservatives has fallen to its lowest level in 45 years, according to the latest Ipsos poll.

The Tories’ vote share has fallen to just 19 per cent – a record low for the second consecutive month – with Labour leading by 25 points on 44 per cent.

And in a further blow for Rishi Sunak, his personal approval ratings are now at the worst level in the history of Ipsos polling – equivalent only to John Major in 1994 and Jeremy Corbyn in 2019.

;