Non - General Election

Markets are actually warming to the idea of a Corbyn government

https://www.ft.com/content/36a01cd8-ceed-11e9-99a4-b5ded7a7fe3f
I imagine the markets would want anyone other than the blithering buffoon we're lumbered with now. An incompetent who doesn't understand basic politics, is willing to shut down parliament to force his ideas through, a man who is willing to break the laws set down by his own parliament, sacks those who disagree with him (how many times did he vote against his own leader?) and seems hell bent on taking the country down the pan by any underhand means necessary.

Any update on this?

I have only just seen this and the previous posts. I was under the impression that at least one person on here who lived in Christchurch had said they voted for him and would do again simply because he was a conservative. If thats my memory failing then apologies. Every one hates him, I am happy that is the case.

Hahahaha, Corbyn's little magic money tree.
The proposed nationalisation of rail, water, mail and electricity distribution companies, will result in huge government borrowing to fund public investment. Who's going to pay for all this do you think? The costs involved will dwarf HS2
Because we're not paying for the railways now you mean? The privatised railways that cant even get timetables right.

Half the Transport Systems are owned by Foreigners...yeah those things from overseas....who dont take rides ...just take the P#ss!

Its a joke.. this Nations Backbone is..its been slipping discs since WW2......it needs a bloody good shaking...and then re- assembling.

Maybe Brexit was the natural juncture or 'hitting of the buffers' for people to see what is happening....a turning point .

As you seem to be referencing the past, please let me know why a program of"austerity" was required. Oh yeah, the previous Labour government of Blair/Brown b u g g *e r e* d the UK economy. Corbyn will do x10 more damage
Austerity was a policy of choice for the conservative government, they hide behind it to distract from the increase in costs and reduction in services they have delivered.
The myth of capable management of the economy at local and national level is exposed by the state of police, prisons, schools.

The failure of self regulation by uk financial services damaged more individuals than anything else in the last decades.

All those spending increases announced this week, they're being paid for by increased borrowing. If the £ had devalued as much under Cordyn as it has under "Dead in a ditch" Boris, there'd be a separate thread on how we're all going to hell in a handcart.

Hahahaha, Corbyn's little magic money tree.
The proposed nationalisation of rail, water, mail and electricity distribution companies, will result in huge government borrowing to fund public investment. Who's going to pay for all this do you think? The costs involved will dwarf HS2
Which money tree provided the bribe for the dup support?

Boris did promise to lie down in front of the bulldozers to stop the Third Runway at Heathrow.

So if they build the runway with a ditch alongside it, the bulldozer driver could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

And there could be a charity auction for the opportunity to drive the bulldozer. I imagine it would raise a lot of money.

Interesting - the article, when mentioning Emily Thornberry, has a link to a far-right You Tube channel!!!!:eek!::fish:

Last edited:
A general election now does not help. Many in labour and libdems voted to leave and (I think) 38% of Tories voted to remain. How do they make their views re EU count?

The way forward now is easy.

Corbyn consults with other parties and Tories who don't support Johnson. Agrees to form a government after a vote of no confidence.

Cabinet to be made up of different parties including those recently in the Tory party. A genuine cross party cabinet. Maybe with Kenneth Clark as deputy PM.

New government will revoke article 50 with a pledge to agree a withdrawal agreement from the EU within a clear time frame and then hold a referendum with 2 options.
1. Vote for the withdrawal agreement, in which case article 50 can be invoked and we leave pretty much straight away.
2. Vote to remain in the EU.

This way people will know exactly what they are voting for. The electorate has changed since 2016. Those now over 18 since 2016 should have their views taken into account.

New government will prepare one other law, proportional representation and then call a general election.

Election held under new proportional representation law so no more need for tactical voting ever.

;