Non - General Election

_ firstly, if it escaped your attention. These were predictions for after the vote , within the first year , not when we left .

- so uncertainty then , are there more unemployed or less ?

Do you have numbers without zero hour contracts? The official numbers contain those which is bullshit. How can someone be employed if they're not actually offered hours and can't earn?

The Labour Party that my father supported in the earlier years of the 20th century..was that..a Labour party.
These people now are basically, mainly a bunch of 'women with issues'...it doesnt represent the Worker....that is their problem!

Shove up front a Leader who is just a spokesman for Foreigners who hate Brits.....and its where its at.

I am not a Right Winger.....but a frustrated potential Labour voter. Last job before retirement was...on Zero Hours...so the Tories lost any attraction for me full stop...so thats them out of the equation too.
Previous Election....I went Green...while the missus stayed Blue as the Sky....not much in the Middle of any substance is probably why!
Its my guess that 70% of the electorate is now in that Middle....unrepresented!

Last edited:
The Labour Party that my father supported in the earlier years of the 20th century..was that..a Labour party.
These people now are basically, mainly a bunch of 'women with issues'...it doesnt represent the Worker....that is their problem!

Shove up front a Leader who is just a spokesman for Foreigners who hate Brits.....and its where its at.

I am not a Right Winger.....but a frustrated potential Labour voter.

it all went downhill after the first sentence...... the last line made me spit my coffee out!

it all went downhill after the first sentence...... the last line made me spit my coffee out!

I speak to many in my community that share my view....mainly people that worked on farms/ fishing and in factories. Ordinary..if that is the right word..people.
You can still be proud of a Nations History without being Right wing. It was mainly 'working class' that populated the battlefields of the Somme and the graves that followed!

Spoke to a friend yesterday who voted remain in referendum but would vote Borris in an election because he feels that the result of the referendum should be honoured and trump any other arguments.

It really is going to be interesting and I’m not really sure how any one can predict the result. A slight change in position from Labour or Conservative or the EU !! could hoover up many votes.

Spoke to a friend yesterday who voted remain in referendum but would vote Borris in an election because he feels that the result of the referendum should be honoured and trump any other arguments.

It really is going to be interesting and I’m not really sure how any one can predict the result. A slight change in position from Labour or Conservative or the EU !! could hoover up many votes.

Ive got friends (yes really, I have friends) who voted conservative all their lives AND voted leave but wouldnt vote for Borris as they see the country and its leadership as far more important than the Brexit vote.

What is happening on the front benches of the conservatives and the puppeteer Cummings behind the scenes is far worse than any hard brexit could be.

For the same reasons I couldnt vote for Labour with the current leadership.

Politics is at the extremes at the moment and I can only assume the Lib Dems will become king makers not becuase they have amazing policies and charismatic leadership, but because they occupy the ground that the main parties have completely vacated.

All the above are reasons why this election, when it comes, cannot be about Brexit or being a brexit vote as the conservatives want. Its should be after we leave and about actual policies and the future of this country.

The irony of the leave conservatives running scared of a second ref for 3 years now calling the opposition chickens for not asking the people. A general election is not a single topic referendum, can we please stop using it as such, AGAIN!!! Otherwise thats the way the likes of Farage can grab some power.

Dictionary update; some definitions.

Labour: Work, mainly Physical Work.

Conservative: Averse to change or innovation. Holding traditional values.

Liberal: Willing to accept behaviour or opinions different to ones own. Open to Ideas.

Might help!
We can fly off on tangents from those meanings but thats when we risk misunderstandings! !

Ideas:

Social Welfare Party....for Corbyns people.!
Leave everything else alone within reason. It would do better...and have a Legit reason and more Respect. Less Confusion! ..Would probably win the next Election!!!

Business Party: For the Economy! Leave Everything else alone within reason.

Defence: Be given a Workable Budget. And left alone to make decisions based on Common Sense and with Humanitarian regard.

Workers: Looked after by Trade Unions with a regulated working relationship with any Government.

Last edited:
Democrat

noun
  1. 1.
    an advocate or supporter of democracy.
    "as a democrat, I accepted the outcome of the referendum"
So, as a democrat, you fully accept that after 3 years of debate, the people have a chance to re-assess the situation and have another vote. This presumes that democracy didn’t end in 2016.

The people have 'already' been 'Democratic'...in 2016....On Both sides of the Choice....and were ' right in the head' ...all of them..
By voting they 'cared' One way or the Other...they had thought , considered, committed.....No Mystery! ..It went One way...!

{ If Man City play Poole Town...at kick- off no one is winning.. but then Poole win !... THEY stay in the Cup....City have to wait till next time! No Mystery...No Replay! }

As goes Elections....Any of a population sticks down a Deposit....Talks a Talk...can be voted into Parlaiment.....talks more talk..

From then on its...a Lottery!

Last edited:
Ive got friends (yes really, I have friends) who voted conservative all their lives AND voted leave but wouldnt vote for Borris as they see the country and its leadership as far more important than the Brexit vote.

What is happening on the front benches of the conservatives and the puppeteer Cummings behind the scenes is far worse than any hard brexit could be.

For the same reasons I couldnt vote for Labour with the current leadership.

Politics is at the extremes at the moment and I can only assume the Lib Dems will become king makers not becuase they have amazing policies and charismatic leadership, but because they occupy the ground that the main parties have completely vacated.

All the above are reasons why this election, when it comes, cannot be about Brexit or being a brexit vote as the conservatives want. Its should be after we leave and about actual policies and the future of this country.

The irony of the leave conservatives running scared of a second ref for 3 years now calling the opposition chickens for not asking the people. A general election is not a single topic referendum, can we please stop using it as such, AGAIN!!! Otherwise thats the way the likes of Farage can grab some power.
This. Very good post. Exactly how it is.

Surely you would have accepted the result of the referendum and seen it through in a bid to ensure democracy rules and doesn’t need saving?
You really think it unacceptable to continue a discussion/debate after a decision has been made?

Democracy didnt 'End' in 2016.....daft notion....daftly applied......it was just being Itself...Democracy....no beginning..no end...just a Means to have a Fair Society!

I was discussing the definition of the word.

Just find it humorous that “Liberal Democrat” doesn’t stand for the current position of the party by what BMcC posted.
Your post before this one was not "just a discussion of the word".

;