Non - Labour Party

Keith Starmer wants to abolish the House of Lords.

It must be getting to be bursting at the seams with so many MP’s being put in there by recent Prime Ministers, probably a good number don’t deserve to be there.

As well as reforming the Lords, there needs to be a stop to ‘mates‘ being put in there by various PM’s as well.

Keir Starmer will abolish the House of Lords and replace it with a new elected chamber as part of plans to “restore trust in politics”, the Observer understands.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...h-house-of-lords-to-restore-trust-in-politics

Keith Starmer wants to abolish the House of Lords.

It must be getting to be bursting at the seams with so many MP’s being put in there by recent Prime Ministers, probably a good number don’t deserve to be there.

As well as reforming the Lords, there needs to be a stop to ‘mates‘ being put in there by various PM’s as well.

Keir Starmer will abolish the House of Lords and replace it with a new elected chamber as part of plans to “restore trust in politics”, the Observer understands.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...h-house-of-lords-to-restore-trust-in-politics
Problem is the ‘mates’ are there for life with no discernible skills other than a knack for brown nosing. The whole thing needs replacing with an elected chamber which can provide a proper check to Parliament

Agreed, there Lordship’s will not go quietly

Trying to work out if there's a hidden meaning in that post - given your apparent intellect and usage of 'there'...

Perhaps I'll take some acid/mushrooms and get back to you with a comprehensive summary of my theory in a few hours... :D

Trying to work out if there's a hidden meaning in that post - given your apparent intellect and usage of 'there'...

Perhaps I'll take some acid/mushrooms and get back to you with a comprehensive summary of my theory in a few hours... :D
Na ,just bad grammar, they are Lordships though, their is know other way of looking at it ,{: what would the collective noun for Lords be? A Corruption or perhaps a banality

If Labour want to form a government, the voters need principles, policies and proposals. They to be something more than simply not Johnson/Truss/Sunak.

If Labour want to form a government, the voters need principles, policies and proposals. They to be something more than simply not Johnson/Truss/Sunak.
Playing Devil's advocate 2 years out from election theLabour Party does not need to pre announce their manifesto otherwise the Conservatives will pinch some of the ideas, again, for their own ends.

Playing Devil's advocate 2 years out from election theLabour Party does not need to pre announce their manifesto otherwise the Conservatives will pinch some of the ideas, again, for their own ends.
The Tories won’t nick that idea. They get millions for putting their mates in there.

Problem is the ‘mates’ are there for life with no discernible skills other than a knack for brown nosing. The whole thing needs replacing with an elected chamber which can provide a proper check to Parliament

There are many good people in the Lords, especially the cross benchers.

I hope they get a chance to stand for election.

There were many labour polices that were very popular with the public at the 2019 election. Until people were told they were labour ones. Then people didn't like them. That's how stupid people are and how powerful the media is.

I'd love labour to win but can't see starmer winning hearts or minds.

Wait until we see Johnson's, that'll finish what little credibility the Lords has.
Will not be coming back on this thread again, labour love in

Bye now, close the door on your way out.

I think you'll find there's a fair few Tories of the same opinion that the way the Lords functions has very little to do with Democracy.

The Commons needs to be held to account, but not by the majority of these so called 'Lords'

;