Non - Labour Party

It was your suggestion that I was 'bigging up the UK..... and fooling people'. (Your words)

Here we go again. What does commenting on Stan's UK bashing have to do with bigging up the UK and if so where have I done it. Sod it yeah, I'm going to big up the UK....perhaps travel more Jim, visit some proper shitholes then pop back and report how crap the UK is.
How does travel solve the problems in the UK ?

There are plenty of deprived areas to visit in the UK hence the Levelling Up agenda.

How de we stop the problem of rising crime? Build more prisons. Sometimes I truly despair.
More prisons to lock away the criminals
More gated communities to lock out the criminals

Unfortunately there arent enough prison staff or police to provide the physical security to keep people feeling safe

Civilisation, or what is deemed as such, across this Planet ...has reached a kind of 'saturation point' ...riveted with mad -assed Politicians, mad - assed Parties, Protest Movements and Antiquated Religious Freaks..the latter in great masses.
A series of inevitable social disasters, in greater magnitude than those currently in phase...will descend upon us ...Wars figuring prominently !

All this...while we contend with Ecological, possibly human - influenced disasters......four separate erstwhile, relatively common bird species no longer visit our garden.

What can bring this phenomenon back from the brink ...is anyone's guess !

Civilisation, or what is deemed as such, across this Planet ...has reached a kind of 'saturation point' ...riveted with mad -assed Politicians, mad - assed Parties, Protest Movements and Antiquated Religious Freaks..the latter in great masses.
A series of inevitable social disasters, in greater magnitude than those currently in phase...will descend upon us ...Wars figuring prominently !

All this...while we contend with Ecological, possibly human - influenced disasters......four separate erstwhile, relatively common bird species no longer visit our garden.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, religion has been the cause of wars and human suffering for centuries. It’s certainly nothing new. However, war and civil unrest will dominate our lives for many years to come. We are a very selfish race and the squalor we will leave to our children is frightening but most don’t care.

Sir Keir Starmer started the day facing the prospect of a very sizeable rebellion and possibly even a shadow cabinet resignation or two as dozens of MPs warned that they wouldn't be able to vote against the SNP motion calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.

And yet he ended it becoming the first political leader to pass a motion through the Commons calling for a ceasefire after the Speaker broke with decades of precedent to allow a vote on a Labour amendment to the SNP motion.

Talk about a lucky general, a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat. One former Tory cabinet minister messaged me from the green benches saying that "Labour whips had walked out of the chamber grinning" as the Commons descended into chaos.

It doesn't but it might make you realise what a lucky sod you are instead of continually playing the perennial victim on here.
Always good to adopt the opposition tactic.

Refusing to recognise and accept any individual or collective responsibility for their failures has caused the decline and fall of the conservative party.

Telling people everything is not so bad really and if they can't see that they should live elsewhere is not much of a vote winner.
Time to choose your side in One Nation conservatism v Reform lite conservatism

I don't know if it makes you feel any better but tales of the older generation bemoaning the chaos of the modern world are as old as the written world and I suspect much older.

I don't know if it makes you feel any better but tales of the older generation bemoaning the chaos of the modern world are as old as the written world and I suspect much older.
That's true of course.....but a few of the younger generations might just be getting a bit hot under the collar now....just a tiny bit eh....with the Worlds resources getting stretched and the populations in cities the highest ever and increasing....plus the increasingly inept Leaders being elected and maybe re-elected.
And ...I'm only moaning on behalf of my youngest granddaughter who is 2 this week..Christ Knows what she will make of it when she gets to 5 and starts picking up the Chaos vibes !

It's no small wonder that a ubiquitous and extremely random 'stream of consciousness' method of communicating has been adopted by many to convey their thoughts on the Chaos of the Internet Age.

The enemy within are the scapegoat

Not for the first time Truss, whose premiership lasted only 50 days, sought to portray herself as the victim of bureaucratic forces. “I ran for office in 2022 because Britain wasn’t growing, the state wasn’t delivering, [and] we needed to do more,” she said. “I wanted to cut taxes, reduce the administrative state, take back control as people talked about in the Brexit referendum. What I did face was a huge establishment backlash and a lot of it actually came from the state itself.”
She continued: “What has happened in Britain over the past 30 years is power that used to be in the hands of politicians has been moved to quangos and bureaucrats and lawyers so what you find is a democratically elected government actually unable to enact policies.”

Truss was interrupted and asked to explain the meaning of “quango”. She replied: “A quango is a quasi non-governmental organisation. In America you call it the administrative state or the deep state. But we have more than 500 of these quangos in Britain and they run everything.”

She went on to list the Environment Agency, Office for Budget Responsibility, Bank of England and Judicial Appointments Commission. “There’s a whole bunch of people – and I describe them as the economic establishment – who fundamentally don’t want the status quo to change because they’re doing quite fine out of it. They don’t really care about the prospects of the average person in Britain and they didn’t want things to change and they didn’t want that power taken away.”

Telling people everything is not so bad really and if they can't see that they should live elsewhere is not much of a vote winner.

Another cut and paste response from your book of generalisations. I don't recall telling you to live elsewhere (stan maybe a long time ago) other than reminding you that you live in a lovely area . Sure if you want to vote for change in the Gorbals or Craigneuk then pop back and lobby your local MP.

Another cut and paste response from your book of generalisations. I don't recall telling you to live elsewhere (stan maybe a long time ago) other than reminding you that you live in a lovely area . Sure if you want to vote for change in the Gorbals or Craigneuk then pop back and lobby your local MP.
I’ve moved to where you told me.

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 5
The enemy within are the scapegoat

Not for the first time Truss, whose premiership lasted only 50 days, sought to portray herself as the victim of bureaucratic forces. “I ran for office in 2022 because Britain wasn’t growing, the state wasn’t delivering, [and] we needed to do more,” she said. “I wanted to cut taxes, reduce the administrative state, take back control as people talked about in the Brexit referendum. What I did face was a huge establishment backlash and a lot of it actually came from the state itself.”
She continued: “What has happened in Britain over the past 30 years is power that used to be in the hands of politicians has been moved to quangos and bureaucrats and lawyers so what you find is a democratically elected government actually unable to enact policies.”

Truss was interrupted and asked to explain the meaning of “quango”. She replied: “A quango is a quasi non-governmental organisation. In America you call it the administrative state or the deep state. But we have more than 500 of these quangos in Britain and they run everything.”

She went on to list the Environment Agency, Office for Budget Responsibility, Bank of England and Judicial Appointments Commission. “There’s a whole bunch of people – and I describe them as the economic establishment – who fundamentally don’t want the status quo to change because they’re doing quite fine out of it. They don’t really care about the prospects of the average person in Britain and they didn’t want things to change and they didn’t want that power taken away.”

Appreciate this a tangent but I'd love to see a balanced article that evaluates her stance as I've only ever seen mockery that doesn't take her seriously and spurious evidence that she was correct.

On the topic of the "deep state", with the exception of Covid, as far back as I can remember, I subjectively only see politicians (of all persuasions) just reacting to current affairs and attempting to frame favourably.

Truss for example wanted to make far less changes than Corbyn did and it seemed the world around her just crushed her.

I expect I'll only get tit for tat quips in response if anything but it isn't a Labour/Tory/Other/Left/Right thing, it's more about how much power a government actually has to change things.

Appreciate this a tangent but I'd love to see a balanced article that evaluates her stance as I've only ever seen mockery that doesn't take her seriously and spurious evidence that she was correct.

On the topic of the "deep state", with the exception of Covid, as far back as I can remember, I subjectively only see politicians (of all persuasions) just reacting to current affairs and attempting to frame favourably.

Truss for example wanted to make far less changes than Corbyn did and it seemed the world around her just crushed her.

I expect I'll only get tit for tat quips in response if anything but it isn't a Labour/Tory/Other/Left/Right thing, it's more about how much power a government actually has to change things.

I was never comfortable with the idea that a bunch of faceless bankers could just overrule a government and effectively alter government policy.

Those who were cock-a-hoop about these events just because they don't like Tories might want to consider what might happen if a progressive left PM wanted to redistribute wealth away from the people who run the money markets.

Toxic and febrile days in our 'parliament'.

Imagine...f√cking imagine, how the previous Speaker...the little wartfaced prat Bercow would be dealing with the feelings of it's members across the house !

Hoyle is a decent human being at least....and previous to this debacle had held his office together with aplomb....his decision was based on safety concerns here in Britain for the families of the Politicians...as he had stated..OK it broke rules....but wasn't exactly a Porogueing of Parliament was it in the way that Boris did ?

Come on....a simple mistake within it's parameters under lunatic pressure...and taint like f√cking Hamas leaders or the beligerent Netanf√ckingyahu is going to take any f√cking notice.....
.....and what's Sunak going to promise and renage on anyway ?

Great post....and although I really didn't like Truss...she seemed so full of herself didn't she.. but tbf she didn't get a chance to get her radical, maybe even unTorylike projections and changes going...but a very poor choice of Chancellor didnt help her !
Desperate Remedies by a succession of hastily sprung Tories has now morphed into a Comedy of Errors.

And as you have cleverly pinpointed....'more about how much Power a government actually has to change things' ...which neatly aligns with what the much maligned Truss said regarding ...'quangos, bureaucrats and lawyers' !

Last edited:

She was a liberal and then she wasn't, she was a remainer and then she wasn't. Got elected PM by promising immediate tax cuts and other significant fiscal change to the conservative members without saying how it would be balanced and now is spouting conspiracy theories because the free market she claims to love reacted badly. She's been around government for a decade and knows how it works. Plenty of credible Torys said what she was trying was madness. At least she's stopped going on about cheese.

The only time I've seen the Government back off and look a bit scared was when over 1m people marched against covid in London.

Currently they're looking at prats flying the Palestinian flag and protesting in Parliament for countries I couldn't give a phuck and about, maybe they're even getting paid by certain foreign countries and in process ignoring the immigration at the expense of the UK citizens.
But T=the only language they understand is loud, numerous and violent and that's their own making.

I was never comfortable with the idea that a bunch of faceless bankers could just overrule a government and effectively alter government policy.

Those who were cock-a-hoop about these events just because they don't like Tories might want to consider what might happen if a progressive left PM wanted to redistribute wealth away from the people who run the money markets.
Not just unelected bankers meddling with democracy

;