Non - Labour Party

And while playing with words why is Islamophobia wrong? It's a phobia not an ism! You cannot pillory someone for being fearful of something. Wanting to destroy something you have a hatred for is a different thing to just being scared of said thing. I've got arachnophobia it doesn't make me a racist wanting the mass genocide of all spiders!
You may or may not agree but the OED contains a definition of Islamophobia:

"Intense dislike or fear of Islam, esp. as a political force; hostility or prejudice towards Muslims."

Anderson et al know full well what they're doing. Trying to influence and inflame. Not sure why media aren't calling them 'far right' politicians. Oh yes I am. Because the right wing media sets the agenda and the BBC follows the 'news' agenda that they set.

This GE campaign will be the nastiest yet. The Tories are fighting over the corpse of the current party and Anderson etc want it to be led by a far right person.

I think this article gives a good overview of I-phobia. Nothing much has changed since it was written in 2011..

If one sentence defines I-phobia then this is it:- ' Islamophobia—that is, the word itself—is meant to silence you'.

That is what will happen if you vote in a party which has any truck with defining i-phobia and casting it in law.

So when Khan goes triple barrelled against Anderson with racist, anti-mslim and islamophobia without fear of having to discuss it with anyone, he is trying to silence debate.

There can be few by-elections in recent memory that have been more chaotic than Rochdale.

Triggered by the death of Labour MP Sir Tony Lloyd - who had held the constituency since 2017 - voters will go to the polls on Thursday after weeks of the Greater Manchester town hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Multiple candidates have been disowned by their party with allegations of both antisemitism and islamophobia.

This lady was on Sky papers review last night, just came across this article by her.

Though we often talked politics at the kitchen table, I did not need it explained to me how or why we should open our doors to refugees. What my grandfather did help me to understand, in his great wisdom and empathy, was why extremism grows – how dangerous individuals may harness poisonous narratives to justify their own prejudices and make sense of the confusing world around them. He wrote in his memoirs: “People of different religions and ethnic backgrounds may live peaceably side by side for centuries. Then in times of stress, they turn on each other with deadly hatred like dormant volcanoes springing back to life.”

What the hell actually is Islamophobia? Seems everyone can make up their own definition to suit their argument. Is it a fear/hatred of all muslims- in which case I doubt there are many folk around the world who are islamaphobic? Or is it fear of Islamic extremists keen on Jihad against the decadent west (or for that matter all Jews),,8n which case I reckon there'll be quite a few. Seems to me there's a lot of playing words where either side of the argument people don't actually mean the same thing.
The literal meaning as I see it, is a dislike of the Islamic Religion, what 30p Lee was whaffing on about, God only knows (sic)
Probably dislikes large lions called Aslam, Along with Witches, Wardrobes etc. Unlikely to garner the Red Wall vote though

"Intense dislike or fear of Islam, esp. as a political force; hostility or prejudice towards Muslims."
So nothing racist there then, if you accept that a Muslim can be of any ethnicity

Last edited:

Well purely from a linguistic view no I don't agree with that definition of the word. Phobia means fear of, end of. The fact it has been taken and used in a slightly different context with a slightly different meaning is just an indication of how language is evolving.

This is how the EU defines racism but as we’re no longer a member we can opt out of the bits we don’t like.

(a) publicly inciting to violence or hatred directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin;

This is how the EU defines racism but as we’re no longer a member we can opt out of the bits we don’t like.

(a) publicly inciting to violence or hatred directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin;
A dislike of religion is antireligionist not racist, so on this occasion the EU are wrong. Im sure 30p Lee was well aware of this :)

Staunch Islamists move into other Nations and want their Religion to take over from what they consider the filth and infidelity of Christians and others....the extremists as such will kill....in the name of the Koran and their 'prophet' .
British, Irish and American Aid workers have had their heads chopped off when going into their lands.

WE don't behave that way when their ordinary folk enter Our lands....
....we allow them to live in communities and work or have benefits.

You see...We are Civilised....but in grave, grave danger of being taken over and losing that comfort ...Women in particular !

Last edited:
Go and get some fresh air Jim.

Another piece of UK bashing

Liz Truss faces questions on a range of topics, including her remarks at a US conference.
The former prime minister spoke at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) last week, claiming her efforts to cut taxes were “sabotaged” by “the deep state”.
Ms Truss later took part in an interview with Steve Bannon, Donald Trump's former chief strategist, and remained silent as he called Tommy Robinson a “hero”.

You seem to think it matters whether islamophobia is classified as racism or not. Why? Homophobia isn't racism - do you think that means everyone is fine to crack on with it?

This is a pretty good article on why wording could be important .

;