Non - Le Tour 2021

I knew I shouldn't gave opened this. Was working so couldnt watching it live, was going to avoid the stage resily until 7pm highlight show
Ah well, will still be awesome to watch knowing he comes through. Can't wait to watch it, what a guy
And if anyone ever said all the right things about Le Tour over the years it's him.

Watching Eurosports The Breakaway on Sunday night, Wiggins was genuinely excited about the prospect of Cav coming good in a sprint yesterday, which obviously didn't happen. He'll be like a Cheshire cat on tonight's show

Any other day Im praying for the breakaway to stay clear, even today when I knew the result before watching the sprint. It was oh so close, but what a sprint
Same again Thursday anyone?

I see they’ve found and arrested the woman who held the sign up… Apparently she could face up to 2 years or a €35k fine for this…

I really don’t know how I feel about this, given this has been an issue for years and just brushed aside as ‘that’s cycling’… As I said before, whilst idiotic, there was no malice (well, we assume not) and I don’t see that scapegoating this women is necessarily the answer… Hmmm :confused:

They appear to have openly ssidvin as many words they want to use her to set an example. Hardly fair n her, and I'd say she such an act would on average be less of a danger than the idiots running do close to the riders up the hills.
Difference in this case was the rider had nowhere to go given they were all closely packed at the time. She isnt the first to do it, but probably the one with biggest impact

Her biggest mistake was not looking ..

A silly error but jail and a fine ?

People get away with much more ..

Exactly... Whilst I 100% understand the UCI needed to be seen to be doing something to protect the riders, they do also need ot consider the impact on this woman's life, for an act that was an innocent message to her grandparents, regardless of the impact...

I'm hoping the case gets its publicity to make its point and she gets away with a slap on the wrist and a significant, but not too significant fine...

Case dropped. Makes sense.
"We are withdrawing our complaint. This story has been blown out of proportion but we wish to remind everyone of the safety rules on the race," Tour director Christian Prudhomme told the Reuters news agency."

Case dropped. Makes sense.
"We are withdrawing our complaint. This story has been blown out of proportion but we wish to remind everyone of the safety rules on the race," Tour director Christian Prudhomme told the Reuters news agency."

Sensible - they acheived what they needed to with the publicity this got.

Wasn't even close was it
Lived the clip of the Tour boss playing the voice message from Cav, you can see the respect and why they love him

;