NON Mark Molesley

No disrespect to Taylor but he's not good enough should've given him to Mark for free. Neither is Kilkenny.

Good luck to him.

21 years old and been talked about for a while without getting any first team chances, bar a short loan last season. It's a move that could make or break his career. I hope it works out for him.

Looking grim for Mark and Southend now - just 2 points from the first 7 games. Wonder how much longer he'll get ?

Would be a real shame if he can't turn it round. Having lived in Essex for many years, I must confess to having a soft spot for The Shrimpers too.

Come on Sarfend !

I think financial issues are contributing massively to their plight. Really hope MM can pull them out of it, but it's not looking good.

Mark must have had assurances from their owner because they're heading to the Conference and look awful and in debt, if he didn't have assurance that quite frankly he's made a stupid move and should've stayed at Weymouth.
I've put a bet on Boreham Wood to beat them in the FA Cup on Saturday good odds.

A dramatic week - lost 6-1 at local rivals Colchester, with a weakened team. Afterwards the team coach couldn't get into their ground because fans had padlocked the gates.

Today they survived a penalty against them in the 80th minute before getting the winner in the 88th.

The interview with MM, linked earlier in this thread, was very impressive, so I hope he turns it round.

They could have done with clicking a game earlier against Bradford City by the looks of the table. Still, moving in the right direction it seems.

...really hope that MM can turn Southend around and hopefully JT can help him out with some loans in January?

Mark Moseley ...watching him classily striding around DC turf was a pleasure...fine footballer..

...he will do OK as a manager in the long term!

Another win today, this time against a team that were in and around the play offs, and an assist for Kyle Taylor. They're really motoring now, 3 wins and 2 draws in their last 5, and if Stevenage don't win then that's them off the bottom.

Maybe crazy talk but there's still 27 games to play and they're 15 points off the play offs. If they've completely turned the corner and can keep this run going then stranger things have happened. I think they'd settle for mid-table mediocrity if you offered it to them right now but it should be an interesting on to keep an eye on.

Really pleased for MM and The Shrimpers, hope they carry on and go charging up the table.

I lived in Essex for many years, and would often pop down to Roots Hall. Being so close to London, Essex is full of WHU/Spurs/Arsenal fans, but the Southend faithful were proud of THEIR town and THEIR team, which is why I felt a real affinity with them.

Mm is a Winner...its just the way it is..maybe just instinct on my part but..he needed time like any orher...see Frank at Chelsea and the Viking at Newton Heath !

Another win for Southend yesterday, did it with 10 men as well. Still bottom but only by 1 point now, with game(s) in hand over some clubs around them.
Excellent turnaround, the board slowly being rewarded for their patience. Good to see and I hope it continues and that he does really well for them this season. He must have been VERY close to getting the boot but now we are seeing that it would have been somewhat premature.

;