NON Mark Molesley

Reminds me of the Ian Botham 'inspired' comeback v scunthorpe?..
Two of their goals were extremely long distance shots.

It’s weird he has actually done a great job!

I don’t think it’s weird. Maybe surprising given the complete mess the club were in and awful
start. But think MM has some talent. Fantastic achievement to get Weymouth back into national league and seemed to be rated as an u21 afcb coach.

I don’t think it’s weird. Maybe surprising given the complete mess the club were in and awful
start. But think MM has some talent. Fantastic achievement to get Weymouth back into national league and seemed to be rated as an u21 afcb coach.
Sorry, maybe I didn’t get my punctuation right. I was actually making that point. What I meant was, it’s weird if you looked at the league position you’d think he wasn’t doing a good job but this was a squad that could easily only have around 15 points without him.

Sorry, maybe I didn’t get my punctuation right. I was actually making that point. What I meant was, it’s weird if you looked at the league position you’d think he wasn’t doing a good job but this was a squad that could easily only have around 15 points without him.

understood now!

Yes, the squad is poor - what is genuinely weird is getting 35 points when they have only scored 23 goals!!

Its interesting reading the shrimpers forums, they don't rate him at all.

I can see what he's doing though. Shore up the defence and stop leaking goals and then work on the strike force.

Southend now have one of the best records over the last five matches in the bottom half.

They seem to think that he should have brought in better players but who would want to go there?

Has he got enough time to save them? Possibly. All depends on luck with injury

[QUOTE="Notmarcjackson, post: 490974, member: 696"

They seem to think that he should have brought in better players but who would want to go there?[/QUOTE]

Presumably he has absolutely no money to bring in better players, a bit like Eddie in 2009. So he has no choice but to work with who he has.

I really hope he manages his own Great Escape.

[QUOTE="Notmarcjackson, post: 490974, member: 696"

They seem to think that he should have brought in better players but who would want to go there?

Presumably he has absolutely no money to bring in better players, a bit like Eddie in 2009. So he has no choice but to work with who he has.

I really hope he manages his own Great Escape.[/QUOTE]
It's also the case that the players he has have had a 'patchy' record of getting their money on time.

Unlucky to lose what appears to be a rehabilitated Nile Ranger to long term injury.

I think he took a job that looked a cert for relegation and has at least given them a chance of survival whilst spending nothing.

They still have Barrow and Colchester to play. The two teams immediately above them. Hope they stay up.
Penultimate game of the season is barrow. That might be a real high stakes game!

Sure he can use his experience of crunch games with Chester and Grimsby to good effect

;