Non - Pandemic

Must admit I have just stopped looking at Covid numbers for weeks now, I know loads of people that have had it etc, one of them 4 times !!!
Re the hospital admissions are the numbers quoted admissions with Covid or because of Covid, if its the former then the numbers are pretty meaningless. Do we know if hospital admissions in general are higher than normal ? I just fear we are being softened up for unnecessary restrictions again which I think will be widely ignored.

Must admit I have just stopped looking at Covid numbers for weeks now, I know loads of people that have had it etc, one of them 4 times !!!
Re the hospital admissions are the numbers quoted admissions with Covid or because of Covid, if its the former then the numbers are pretty meaningless. Do we know if hospital admissions in general are higher than normal ? I just fear we are being softened up for unnecessary restrictions again which I think will be widely ignored.

Not true, patients with covid need to be isolated from staff and other patients so therefore have a huge impact on the NHS' ability to perform its job.

Admissions with covid are people who walk in through the door with covid. Or at least that’s what they were attempting to do last time I read about it months ago.

The third tweet I believe is why we hear very little about it anymore. I don’t think we’re being softened up for anything. If I didn’t seek out the info I’d be none the wiser these days.

What’s “interesting” (probably over stating it somewhat) with this wave is that it’s not increasing in pockets in different locations like previously, this is everywhere at pretty much the same rate at the same time.

Even the age demographics ages 17-69 aren’t wildly different.

Not true, patients with covid need to be isolated from staff and other patients so therefore have a huge impact on the NHS' ability to perform its job.
Well if the numbers with it are as high as they say (1 in 25 in England, higher in Scotland and Wales) then pretty much everyone is being exposed to it in all walks of life every day. Are they still doing all this strict isolation, I couldn't see much evidence of it when my Dad was in hospital for 10 days recently.
The point I was making was how many are getting seriously ill and hospitalised with Covid as opposed to how many are in hospital with it.

Last edited:
Well if the numbers with it are as high as they say (1 in 25 in England, higher in Scotland and Wales) then pretty much everyone is being exposed to it in all walks of life every day. Are they still doing all this strict isolation, I couldn't see much evidence of it when my Dad was in hospital for 10 days recently.
The point I was making was how many are getting seriously ill and hospitalised with Covid as opposed to how many are in hospital with it.

Well 3 out of 3 in my household have had it for about a week now and I know a few others all are isolating. I think most people are respectful enough not to willfully spread it but with the lax guidelines it's no surprise it's flying again.

I promise you hospitals don't have the approach of "oh well it's everywhere so why bother?" because it hurts their staffing levels as well as risks their patients lives.

Still trying to scaremonger the primary school parents. Despite the age group being the least effected and not being the age group seeing the fastest growth…all whilst being in school.

Also chooses to put the most negative spin on the admissions and long covid statistics.

Personally, I’d have thought seeing long covid numbers coming down at a time when virus prevalence was at its highest would have been a positive thing.

My wife tested positive on the weekend, fortunately mild symptoms. She works in a small vet clinic, masks optional for both customers and employees. 5 of 8 employees tested positive and so the clinic is closed for the next four days. crazy,

Also none have reported testing positive (using at home testing) so it is guaranteed that the numbers are under reported over here.

;