Non - Pandemic

No way. I’m stockpiling wine like it’s going out of fashion.
Bang on. I couldn’t give two hoots whether or not my supermarket still has toilet roll. If things get desperate I’ll use the free papers for my personal hygiene. Failing that, old socks.
If they run out of wine however, life will not be sustainable in this household !!!

You’re telling me they’ve had control of their borders all along. Why weren’t we told?

I don't think the EU is doing very well here tbh. They just proposed a symbolic travel ban, with loads of exceptions, that doesn't go as far as the restrictions that individual member states have already imposed. Trying in vain to create the image of eu unity when in reality member states are doing what they think is best for them individually.

Who knows how they will come out of this but I wouldn't be complacent if I were an eu supporter.

Yes, I know, I've missed your 'humour' again.

You’re telling me they’ve had control of their borders all along. Why weren’t we told?

Indeed mate.;)..Yep I get the Irony.
Try and watch Germany close its borders.

Pretty damned impossible if you ask me. There is no real visible border anywhere , the only way you can tell you're in the fatherland is when a D appears on the number plates. There are housing estates straddling the border. Down the Rhine between France and Germany its a bit more obvious as the French still fly the flag on their side. It looks like we're all up **************** creek without a paddle, best put their resources elsewhere.

Don't think anyone would argue with that.....but nothing wrong with being distracted now and then

Yeah I certainly don't mind a bit of debate on them. I just meant that I won't be losing any sleep over them. I vowed not to worry about AFCB finances when they started going crazy a few years back. Worst case scenario is back in divvy 4, which ain't the end of the world.

The more I think about it the more horrendously bad I think that statement from Johnson today was. No clarity, sold entire industries down the river with not even a hint of what he's going to do about it. Macron managed to commit funds and give guarantees.

He's either an idiot or he's deliberately thrown thousands of small businesses under the bus to protect large insurance firms. He needed to try and protect both using hard cash yet he just bumbled his way through an incoherent mess.

I think today will be remembered in a bad way for this government. 24 hours to sort something out.

The more I think about it the more horrendously bad I think that statement from Johnson today was. No clarity, sold entire industries down the river with not even a hint of what he's going to do about it. Macron managed to commit funds and give guarantees.

He's either an idiot or he's deliberately thrown thousands of small businesses under the bus to protect large insurance firms. He needed to try and protect both using hard cash yet he just bumbled his way through an incoherent mess.

I think today will be remembered in a bad way for this government. 24 hours to sort something out.
From what I’ve heard so far, that sounds like a fair assessment !
He had a golden opportunity to actually govern for once, make a critical decision for the good of his nation and then comes out with this half-arsed utter flimflam.
A massive missed opportunity and potentially very harmful to his electorate. What a useless fool he is proving to be !

;