Non - Pandemic

Yes they really ramped up from the point we are currently at . Someone has pointed out that the majority in hospital today would probably have caught it in the last two weeks...two weeks back we were all cramming into football grounds, pubs etc. A few days back we were still cramming into pubs / cafes. We are still cramming into supermarkets and pharmacies.

Italy locked down 12 days ago and its carnage. My guess is that we'll lockdown in the next few days so more panic buying.

I think this game will become infamous in years to come. Perhaps we'll also have our own version.. Cheltenham possibly.

Atalanta 4-1 Valencia: Hans Hateboer scores twice as Serie A side thump Spanish club - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51533280

Hasn't Lombardy been quarantined since 8th March?
Yes I think so. What I read was they were first then the rest of the country followed later. That delay seems to be a huge error of judgment. I’m concerned that many in this country are complacent that it’s only London affected at the moment.

Yes I think so. What I read was they were first then the rest of the country followed later. That delay seems to be a huge error of judgment. I’m concerned that many in this country are complacent that it’s only London affected at the moment.

But Lombardy is the worst region and 546 people died there yesterday - 13 days after their lockdown started. It needs to start having an effect soon.

I'm trying to stay off this thread as the predictions are quite unnerving. I'm trying to console myself with the thought that although we're two weeks 'behind' that means we've had two weeks to see whats going on, that I've been indoors with minimal contact for quite a while and anyway I cant even touch my face with my hands anyway!

I bloody knew that would come in handy one day!

I'm trying to stay off this thread as the predictions are quite unnerving. I'm trying to console myself with the thought that although we're two weeks 'behind' that means we've had two weeks to see whats going on, that I've been indoors with minimal contact for quite a while and anyway I cant even touch my face with my hands anyway!

I bloody knew that would come in handy one day!

Same boat Rob, well one that’s at least 2 metres long...

It was easy to get involved when it all felt like it was a bit hypothetical, still in the headspace that it wasn’t going to happen to us, or it wouldn’t be that bad. Perhaps even a bit head in the sand thinking.

It all got very real very quick for me. Just hope we will all be ok when we come out of the other side of this, whenever that will be.

8,000 private hospital beds made available and 20,000 additional staff from those hospitals And 1200 extra ventilators, not sure where that takes us to in terms of dealing with it any better but it’s got to be a small ray of light?

But Lombardy is the worst region and 546 people died there yesterday - 13 days after their lockdown started. It needs to start having an effect soon.
Two weeks seems too optimistic. Here is the link to the one success story from Northern Italy. Looks like they took action a little before Lombardy and 3 weeks later they had no new cases.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....lian-town-cuts-coronavirus-cases-testing.html

Remains to be seen if this is just an outlier though. Or whether more aggressive action is realistic in larger settlements

8,000 private hospital beds made available and 20,000 additional staff from those hospitals And 1200 extra ventilators, not sure where that takes us to in terms of dealing with it any better but it’s got to be a small ray of light?

New Hall at Salisbury please...food is sublime, or perhaps it was the Oramorph . You can also watch MOTD whilst high as a kite without getting a second mortgage..oh hang on ....

Two weeks seems too optimistic. Here is the link to the one success story from Northern Italy. Looks like they took action a little before Lombardy and 3 weeks later they had no new cases.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....lian-town-cuts-coronavirus-cases-testing.html

Remains to be seen if this is just an outlier though. Or whether more aggressive action is realistic in larger settlements

That's how Singapore and South Korea did it. We aren't doing those things and so this doesn't really offer much hope from where I'm stood.

We need them to find a treatment and sort testing out.

That's how Singapore and South Korea did it. We aren't doing those things and so this doesn't really offer much hope from where I'm stood.

We need them to find a treatment and sort testing out.
No I agree. The government need to do more here and people need to be more responsible too.

What is the best strategy for getting the message through? Scare stories don’t seem to be having much affect. Is pointing to a few cases where aggressive action has been effective a better strategy? Honestly doubt that will convince people either

For anyone who says we're overreacting and flu kills 20,000 a year, well, that's 55 people a day.

56 people died today.

233 have died so far. The exact same number as Italy two weeks ago. They've lost 800 people today.

You do the math.

Won't be all we need, but a good move that buys us valuable time to arrange more.

However a report on Sky News shown that once you reach the ventilator stage - the prognosis is terrible.

Won't be all we need, but a good move that buys us valuable time to arrange more.

However a report on Sky News shown that once you reach the ventilator stage - the prognosis is terrible.
They just showed a uk manufacturer that is close to being able to build 1000 ventilators a day. Slowly but surely hopefully things can improve

Reactions: DJ
They just showed a uk manufacturer that is close to being able to build 1000 ventilators a day. Slowly but surely hopefully things can improve
Although you still need the skilled staff to intubate patients before they get on a ventilator. And the people who know the knobs to twiddle while on one

;