Non - Pandemic

Boris and his ' advos' are basically saying the same things at every 'update'.
There is virtually no information that we don't already know.....
Some of the people giving advice on the news channels seem to be more adept at getting through to the public by going into detail of why, when, where, who and how with regard to the Virus Diary !

The Chancellor made too much of the fact that ' No Government in History has taken such Financial Measures ' repeating it several times after Boris had repeated it several times. Very Politic !
I'm convinced that they really believe in a short duration of this problem....they might make it longer than it has to be by holding back initiatives. .. he puts heavy emphasis on only doing things at a ' right time' as if he is confident they know when that time is!
All very rigid ...in the clutches of the 'Curve'...without any experience of such !

Its no big surprise that hordes of Hampshire Bozos are strolling along Southsea Promenade hugging and kissing and frolicking on the pebbly shore!
Some people just enjoy disobedience of authority and won't comply unless forced to. Others just Live for the Day and basically don't give fried turd about anything.

I daresay there are still hordes of Chinamen slurping Bowls of Batsoup in Beijing,

I see what you're saying Brian, it seems repetitive and amateur but at the same time all the selfish people will continue socializing or causing trouble without a care in world and is Boris meant to be Jesus with the miracle cure? UK will have the vaccine before any other country lets face it, but it's up to people to take accountability for their own actions. Ironically 10 years of conservative cutbacks that everyone complained about for the last decade may well be the difference between hundreds of thousands dying, had it been Gordon Brown followed by Jez people would all be hunting down live cows like the scenes in Venezuela.[/QUOTE]

I also think Premier League footballers have shown their true colours during this crisis, acted phucking disgracefully and detached themselves from fans more than ever, all hiding away in their luxury homes or villas abroad and broadcasting how easy they have it on social media whilst normal people will die or be effected or be fighting the virus. It just shows you how they're all contractually obliged to do the Charity stuff and how far from reality they really are and don't really give a toss about anyone but themselves. Credit to Roman Abramovich (the Russian banned from England) for accommodating staff at NHS and that's about it.

Maybe this might make some of those in the ’not so at risk’ groups think about taking notice of what has been said today by Boris and the health people.

Sky News

An 18-year-old is understood to have become the youngest person to die in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus.

A 36-year-old NHS nurse, with no underlying health issues, is fighting for her life in hospital after contracting coronavirus.

Areema Nasreen is on a ventilator in intensive care in Walsall Manor Hospital in the West Midlands - where she has worked for the past 16 years.

Maybe this might make some of those in the ’not so at risk’ groups think about taking notice of what has been said today by Boris and the health people.

Sky News

An 18-year-old is understood to have become the youngest person to die in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus.

A 36-year-old NHS nurse, with no underlying health issues, is fighting for her life in hospital after contracting coronavirus.

Areema Nasreen is on a ventilator in intensive care in Walsall Manor Hospital in the West Midlands - where she has worked for the past 16 years.

Well said Billy, you're a good man. BillytheKid is a hero of mine, a man of the people.

102 cases here in NZ, most traced back to overseas travel, but not all. PM just said, in 48 hours we're going to be on lock down for the whole country. Essential services staying open and that's it.
It's come about much earlier than some other western countries, early enough? Maybe not, but good all the same.

There's 113 active cases in the UAE, borders are closed, Emirates anounced yesterday they're stopping all passenger flights (although had to go back on it after governments around the world asked for help repatriating citizens), schools were shut over 2 weeks ago. Restaurants still open but only allowed 20% of their designated capacities and tables have to be 2m away from each other. Public beaches and parks shut.

Edit: News this morning that as of Wednesday here in the UAE, restaurants are to be delivery only and malls will shut.

Meanwhile in London, where there's a huge problem massively worse than 113 active cases, at the Victoria Park Farmers Market:

1iK0kig.jpg

Colombia Road Flower Market:

j8UKhEf.jpg

Last edited:
In defence of the great unwashed.

Yesterday was Mothers' Day and I'm sure many people subconsciously thought "This could be the last weekend with any sense of normality for a very very long time. People went out and did stuff, mostly still trying to 'keep safe' but also looking for an escape from the prospect of the coming months.

Can you blame them?

It can't carry on, we all have to face facts.

But going overnight from The Fall of the Holy Roman Empire life we have been living to crouching in a bunker surrounded by toilet tissue is proving bloody difficult.

I'm blessed to live where I do, but the future still looks bloody bleak.

Thank God for the telephone, email, skype etc.

And this message board.

I would imagine that stricter lockdown measures will be announced this evening. Too many people carrying on as normal.

I can only conclude that the reason for the garbled messaging is because they think they there will be more compliance if they request these things first then bring the full measure in later.

Possibly being too kind to the government though. All these mixed messages are probably designed to point the blame away from government and onto people.

The Dr Al bloke on the Nolan radio show was refreshing to listen to , tells it like it is and highlights the plight of our great NHS workers.......but Nolan himself has been dreadful all week , arguing in his self- appointed God style with many other well intentioned people. This bloke is another in the Schofield/ Holmes mould.

The huge sums of Money apportioned by the Chancellor should have Prioritised the NHS BEFORE it targeted Wages...to enable the hasty supply of the gear they needed I.e. ventilators, protective clothing and testing kits for the provincial GP. surgeries etc.
The NHS...always back of the queue with the Tories.

It really pisses me off seeing all those pictures and films of people at the beach, in markets, queuing to get to Snowdonia etc. Don't they listen ?
I am not one to panic usually but today my 88 year old Dad is due to start 4 weeks of radiotherapy at Poole for cancerous growths on the larynx. He is in the high risk category already and may be getting a letter telling him to stay indoors - he can't get out without help anyway. So I am sat here waiting to see if he gets a call from Poole cancelling or whether we have to trek to the hospital for the next 4 weeks. Half of me wants the whole lot cancelled, the other half wants him to be treated as the consultant is confident of a good outcome. My Dad has just had enough and says he really doesn't care anymore. The last place he needs to be now is in a hospital waiting room. Nobodys fault just crap timing - the lottery of life.
Stay safe everyone and heed the warnings.

;