Non - Pandemic

I suspect his point is that there are thousands of mutations/variations and the vaccine, so far as we know, works on all of them. There is no reason to suppose this one is any different.
Sorry but not true, hence my rambling in previous pages. There are a number of variants of concern emerging that aren't neutralised by vaccines and particularly poorly by Moderna and Pfizer.

Sky

Two vaccine doses 81% effective against Indian variant - reports

Two doses of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine are 81% effective against the Indian B.1.617.2 variant, the FT is reporting this morning.

The paper claims to have seen Public Health England data that suggests this figure drops by around 35% for a single dose.

The 81% figure refers to protection against any symptoms of the virus.

This is much higher than previous studies about vaccine efficacy against the South African variant, which claimed that one jab offers just 17% protection - rising to 75% after two doses.

SCOOP:​
Public Health England has presented the first real-world data on vaccine efficacy against B.1.617.2, the variant first found in India.​
Efficacy against symptomatic B.1.617.2 was 81% after two doses, much higher than many have feared.​
— John Burn-Murdoch (@jburnmurdoch) May 22, 2021

Last edited:
You people talking about the Indian variant are so old school. The Yorkshire variant is where it's at dudes.

The Turlin Moore variant is pretty horrifying makes all the women fat, ugly and pop out 5 kids and turns the men into gaunt tracky wearing chavs seems to only affect the young though ... the purbeck variant no one knows as nobody has come out of there in months .

The Turlin Moore variant is pretty horrifying makes all the women fat, ugly and pop out 5 kids and turns the men into gaunt tracky wearing chavs seems to only affect the young though ... the purbeck variant no one knows as nobody has come out of there in months .

Your so much more readable when your funny !
I liked that..even though my mums side are from Purbeck and a couple live at Turlin Moor !
Stay in a good mood...for later !

Good news about the vaccine and the protection against the current variants although there is always a but..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57214596
they have to add a "but" in there until they can find some other variant to scare us with.
Just get on with the vaccinations and open up the country fully on 21 June and that includes full capacity at pubs and restaurants, full capacity at entertainment venues, as well as getting rid of compulsory distancing and masks, By 21 June over 80% will have had a first jab and 55% will have had a second. Crucially virtually ALL vulnerable and over 50's will have had 2 jabs. The risks of a wave of serious illness and death will be almost zero.

they have to add a "but" in there until they can find some other variant to scare us with.
Just get on with the vaccinations and open up the country fully on 21 June and that includes full capacity at pubs and restaurants, full capacity at entertainment venues, as well as getting rid of compulsory distancing and masks, By 21 June over 80% will have had a first jab and 55% will have had a second. Crucially virtually ALL vulnerable and over 50's will have had 2 jabs. The risks of a wave of serious illness and death will be almost zero.

Now they all worried about the youngsters getting it and passing the thing around each other having spent the past year telling them not to worry and how it won't affect people of that age.

I don't think everything will be back to normal but should be well on the way.

If people don't want to have the vaccine that is up to them really - we cannot make them.

If they don't trust the NHS after all of their hard work throughout this they probably never will.

Instead he said that at the beginning of March last year, the plan had been "herd immunity" and that claims to the contrary by Health Secretary Matt Hancock were "bull****".

He also strongly attacked the media for accepting the government's denials.

Mr Cummings wrote in a series of tweets: "Media generally abysmal on coronavirus but even I've been surprised by one thing: how many hacks have parroted Hancock's line that 'herd immunity wasn't the plan' when 'herd immunity by September' was 'literally the official plan in all documents/graphs/meetings' until it was ditched."

QUOTE="afcdibby, post: 510198, member: 705"]Having my 2nd jab tomorrow at the BIC. 10 days earlier than originally planned.[/QUOTE]
Got my second one today. Off for a pint afterwards !!!!!

Exactly right. The data and science says it should happen now. Unless some people literally want zero covid and won't emerge until that happens, which would be never.

;