Non - Pandemic

Schools...crap...we haven’t thought about that enough to come up with something coherent, quick kick it down the road for a few days and hope they all forget...

I’m actually behind plans for mostly unlocking domestically but that was a bumbling performance from all three of them.

Quick to show the models to explain why we’re locking down or tightening restrictions but don’t show them when unlocking.

For arguably the most important press update in months, I don't think it was the slickest performance by any of them, but I think I get the gist!

Yes as per DJ, this is all about the cases : hospitalisations : deaths modeling. Thats really all we need to know, and I don't think they provided as much on that as they could have. Maybe more to come?

I’m actually behind plans for mostly unlocking domestically but that was a bumbling performance from all three of them.

Quick to show the models to explain why we’re locking down or tightening restrictions but don’t show them when unlocking.
The experts taking every opportunity to remind us it is ministers who make the decisions.
Whitty keen to remind everyone it is all about managing the risks.

Schools...crap...we haven’t thought about that enough to come up with something coherent, quick kick it down the road for a few days and hope they all forget...

According to Sky, Javid has told the commons that school children will no longer have to isolate in class bubbles from the 19th rather than September.

As for the press conference and after the word ’reckless’ has been aimed at Boris.

He had the support of the majority of the country so far during this pandemic, but doing away with masks being mandatory in places like shops and on public transport is against the majority of public opinion according to recent polls according Sky earlier.

Can see problems in the next few days for Boris both politically and from the unions and their members.

Got informed last night that year 10 at Poole Grammar school are having to self isolate for 10 days because of a confirmed Covid case in the year bubble.

My son is not happy, can't leave the house until a week Monday and all next weeks lessons will be on zoom and moodle.

What joy for a 14 year old who enjoys being outside.
An update to this.

Later on Saturday, my son felt rough so his mum done a lateral flow test on him which was positive.

Sunday he had a PCR test done at Creekmoor, which has come back positive today.

His mum, who has had one jab, her test came back negative.

As for the press conference and after the word ’reckless’ has been aimed at Boris.

He had the support of the majority of the country so far during this pandemic, but doing away with masks being mandatory in places like shops and on public transport is against the majority of public opinion according to recent polls according Sky earlier.

Can see problems in the next few days for Boris both politically and from the unions and their members.

Yep. Wouldn't have been radical to keep face coverings in shops and on public transport for a while longer.

Don't they employ anyone to keep their 'ear on the ground' as such and try and gauge public opinion?

Yes does seem quite a leap from masks inside at all time to none at all.

Let's hope they aren't just trying to appease people or in a few months time we are back in lockdown struggling in the NHS.

;