Non - Pandemic

Germany....doing better so far, on death ratio per population.. but our government won't admit it....coming out with bullsh#t about demographics..... Germans are just quicker to act and better organisers.
Testing younger people as a priority...seems a good idea to me...its the young mainly who have to work in the hospitals!

I don’t profess to be an expert on the health care system in Germany, but have seen it crop up a few times on this thread.

Due to that these tweets caught my attention.

Poor ol Federer eh...poor tw#ts 'devastated'.
She's crying because she cant match the title record some of racket bint this year. "Look at me ...for your Emotional high"..... If your still alive ...guys!

The other reason that we have to stop this curve,is not just the NHS.

Its the Police,Fire,Ambulance ,Prison Officers ,Army,Navy,Air Force.

If you have this virus running rife through the country,if you have potentially a third of your workforce getting sick,or even dying,then the country slowly will descend into anarchy .

The other reason that we have to stop this curve,is not just the NHS.

Its the Police,Fire,Ambulance ,Prison Officers ,Army,Navy,Air Force.

If you have this virus running rife through the country,if you have potentially a third of your workforce getting sick,or even dying,then the country slowly will descend into anarchy .

If the old bill keep arresting people for taking the dog for a walk and buying Easter eggs it will happen anyway.

I recall reading that Germany is understating it’s fatality rate on the basis that anyone who was expected to die of an unrelated condition but also had Coronavirus was not being included in the numbers, whereas Italy, Spain etc are including these cases regardless.

Oh and just saw this morning the US claiming that China have grossly under reported their statistics.

If anyone can still get a flight out, North Korea looks to be the safest place to go - zero cases so far ;)

I don’t profess to be an expert on the health care system in Germany, but have seen it crop up a few times on this thread.

Due to that these tweets caught my attention.

I think I said it earlier in this thread, I reckon most European countries will end up in the same place. Our predicted death toll is 20,000 or more. Italy is slowing and may well end up in a similar place. Spain looks worse currently. Germany is heading for the same place.

There are a lot of conclusions drawn looking at the present stats and policies. The furore about the Republic of Ireland closing their schools whilst they were still open in the UK doesn't appear to have made any difference to the stats if you compare NI with RoI.

I recall reading that Germany is understating it’s fatality rate on the basis that anyone who was expected to die of an unrelated condition but also had Coronavirus was not being included in the numbers, whereas Italy, Spain etc are including these cases regardless.

Oh and just saw this morning the US claiming that China have grossly under reported their statistics.

If anyone can still get a flight out, North Korea looks to be the safest place to go - zero cases so far ;)

This is wrong. Germany records the numbers same as everyone else.

I read that Turkmenistan has banned any mention of the word Coronavirus, and the wearing of a mask in public is illegal. Guess that's one approach.

Which wouldn’t be a problem, if there was testing or a quarantine process in place, but on that flight tonight and onto the London Underground tomorrow. The government just need to tell anyone coming back from abroad to self isolate for 7/14 days. Simple. These people are happy enough to have actually got a repatriation flight home.
There’s thousands of empty hotel rooms on the Heathrow concourse. All we need to do for the next six months is put everyone in them for a week then test them before letting them out. We need to do this particularly when it’s ‘over’. We will probably be too worried about civil liberties though and rather go through this again!

This just made me think:

The bank bailout in 2008 cost the government £675bn.

The money pledged to support people and businesses in the wake of covid is £478bn.
Interestingly the same banking industry that is now dragging its feet on providing the interest free loans to businesses the government has asked them to do.

I cross a lot of industries and still see too many top people more concerned with profit than health. Also too many people lower down too fearful to challenge it. Very frustrating.

Horrible letter and appalling phrasing. But this conversation is better had before patients pitch up to ED and get turned away for lack of capacity. In our area we are being advised frail patients won't be getting critical care. And frail is not that frail. Someone who needs help with cooking or shopping..
The scary thing is if you need a ventilator you have a 50% chance of dying, obviously the older you are and if you have preexisting illness, the odds are even less good
You make "this conversation" seem like a poor performance annual review.

Many of the 'frail' patients will have been part of the 'hard working families' so previously beloved by this Government. They will have paid the same taxes as anyone, and yet there's a creeping eugenic train of thought that somehow the frail are disposable. And no-one is inviting them into this conversation.

The frail might include you, me, our parents, our relatives, people we love. And rather than discuss the petty inconvenience of a decade of under-funding and two years ignoring the recommendations of a pre-pandemic exercise, you seem to feel its ok to push the frail under the bus.

And whilst the frail are hiding indoors, stupid it'll-never-happen-to-me f*ckwits are running about outside not giving two flying ones about stopping the spread of this disease.

I'm not sorry if the above comes across as emotional. We only live once on this planet, and it terrifies the f*ck out of me to see this country lurching in such a direction.

Interestingly the same banking industry that is now dragging its feet on providing the interest free loans to businesses the government has asked them to do.

I cross a lot of industries and still see too many top people more concerned with profit than health. Also too many people lower down too fearful to challenge it. Very frustrating.
There's always a career at CSC, Hubei:oops:

There are drive through testing places in the UAE now... If they can do that there's no excuse for the NHS not to be able to test staff.
You make "this conversation" seem like a poor performance annual review.

Many of the 'frail' patients will have been part of the 'hard working families' so previously beloved by this Government. They will have paid the same taxes as anyone, and yet there's a creeping eugenic train of thought that somehow the frail are disposable. And no-one is inviting them into this conversation.

The frail might include you, me, our parents, our relatives, people we love. And rather than discuss the petty inconvenience of a decade of under-funding and two years ignoring the recommendations of a pre-pandemic exercise, you seem to feel its ok to push the frail under the bus.

And whilst the frail are hiding indoors, stupid it'll-never-happen-to-me f*ckwits are running about outside not giving two flying ones about stopping the spread of this disease.

I'm not sorry if the above comes across as emotional. We only live once on this planet, and it terrifies the f*ck out of me to see this country lurching in such a direction.
Rob, I know drd very well, and I can assure you that he is a million miles away from being a hardhearted eugenicist. You've misread him.

I just checked and 600k people die in the UK every year, 1600 odd per day.............Is it that CV is taken them quicker and in a big cluster, or is it that the number of death of people who would not have been of this year's list is very small.

Terribly sad for for the young and fit who succumb to it, but it will be interesting to see how much higher the UK death rate is for 2020 ?

I just checked and 600k people die in the UK every year, 1600 odd per day.............Is it that CV is taken them quicker and in a big cluster, or is it that the number of death of people who would not have been of this year's list is very small.

Terribly sad for for the young and fit who succumb to it, but it will be interesting to see how much higher the UK death rate is for 2020 ?

5mins 10 seconds on the first video on this article. 0AAF8AA9-63D4-4E1F-9419-1B67F6A97B9B.jpeg

;