Non - Rishi Sunak

The decline and fall of the conservative party continues.

The latest scapegoats are the loyal stay away voters who didnt support the government which has trashed public services and lost the plot on immigration.

Another explanation is that even the habitual supporters can see that putting self before party before country has failed the country.

Ok, here we go then, let’s get all pedantic about it. :)

I didn’t say the cycle had to be equal, until the fixed term parliament act came in this would be very unlikely.

I was more referring to the fact that it’s a series of events that are often repeated, in a similar order. One shower has a go until everyone loses total faith in them, then because they made such a hash of it, the other shower gets a go, usually a period of a decade or so until…they make such a hash of it and the other shower have been forgiven.

Rinse and repeat.

Yes that’s democracy and it’s better than other alternative options as world events can show us. But that doesn’t mean I have to be totally engaged with it and neither is the public. Which is why apathy is such a strong force in politics.

Think the word ‘shower’ sums it up nicely.

Tories missed the last chance they had at their conference to do some big stuff on reducing income tax and scrapping inheritence tax and doing some other right wing stuff to play to their crowd.

Instead they banged on about HS2 which outside of a few villages in Staffordshire nobody was overly worried about, and A levels which I’m sure could be improved but isn’t massively broken.

Like the Labour party under Corbyn they’ve become so disenfranchised from their key voter bases needs and desires they’re fucked.

I won’t be sorry to see them go so I’m glad they didn’t get the conference messaging right but if I was a supporter I’d be asking who the hell advises them.

Tories missed the last chance they had at their conference to do some big stuff on reducing income tax and scrapping inheritence tax and doing some other right wing stuff to play to their crowd.

Instead they banged on about HS2 which outside of a few villages in Staffordshire nobody was overly worried about, and A levels which I’m sure could be improved but isn’t massively broken.

Like the Labour party under Corbyn they’ve become so disenfranchised from their key voter bases needs and desires they’re fucked.

I won’t be sorry to see them go so I’m glad they didn’t get the conference messaging right but if I was a supporter I’d be asking who the hell advises them.

They can't do any of that stuff because we're absolutely skint. Labour aren't going to do much either for the same reason.

Between today's Tory constituencies, and the SNP's Hamilton west in Scotland the other week, Labour are gobbling up advances on different fronts. So if any bookies have a market on the next general election, they'd probably have enough information to pay out today! A clear path to a majority for Starmer by the looks of it.

They can't do any of that stuff because we're absolutely skint. Labour aren't going to do much either for the same reason.
I agree they shouldn’t do it because we are skint but they wouldn’t be the first party to put their own needs before the economy. We’ve been bailed out or close to it by the IMF before because we haven’t taken our own medicine.

The voters are deserting the Tories because they're seeing the light. They care about paying the mortgage, paying for child care, getting a hospital appointment, calling an ambulance, getting the police to attend, the cost of fuel, the cost of utilities, the price of food and everything else that effects their lives. Guess what they don't care about. Small boats.

I agree they shouldn’t do it because we are skint but they wouldn’t be the first party to put their own needs before the economy. We’ve been bailed out or close to it by the IMF before because we haven’t taken our own medicine.
You can see it coming next year.

Agree, there's going to be some expensive rabbits out of hats in the next year that we probably can't afford. Disappointingly these will probably amount to a less than inflation increase in the tax thresholds, which have quietly resulted in millions of people hurtling into the higher tax bands whilst inflation is eating away at their spending power. All whilst public services are going down the shitter.

A bleak situation that's not going to get better.

Brexit delivers broken and skint UK. Not a great vote for us campaign slogan.

The state of the finances of uk plc is a result of the agenda and policies of the governments in power. The conservative party want power but not the responsibility that comes with it.

Those on here that vote Labour, is Starmer your best choice as leader of the Labour Party?

I'm not a labour voter but appears a fair few in the party aren't happy with his recent stance/comments around Israel/Palestine. Not sure how much more discontent there'd be if they still had the last bloke in charge and what his stance would be...

Brexit delivers broken and skint UK. Not a great vote for us campaign slogan.

The state of the finances of uk plc is a result of the agenda and policies of the governments in power. The conservative party want power but not the responsibility that comes with it.

Wtf are you talking about? Absolute gibberish.

If i was a supporter i'd be asking whoever thought truss was fit to lead the country.
Since the leadership of cameron the tory party has been appeasing the right wing faction but have run out of electable pms.

At this point they could have Sooty in charge and they’d still win.

Let’s put the question another way, is Starmer the best choice to keep them in power?

Reason I ask, in various debates on this MB, some people who I think vote Labour were not overly enamoured with Starmer.

Those on here that vote Labour, is Starmer your best choice as leader of the Labour Party to win the next election?

All he's got to do is stick to the inoffensive middle ground. People always moan about opposition parties not saying much about policies but that's unfortunately part of the FPTP playbook. Don't give the government anything to attack or steal.

;