Non - Rishi Sunak

I think they did this some time ago. What worries me (if that's the right word and seeing as they'll probably be in government soon) is how united Labour actually are on core issues, once you go behind Starmer and Reeves. We'll see I suppose
You're right, of course, there are huge divisions behind the scenes in the direction Starmer is taking the party. However, with Labour about to easily win the next election, they will stay behind the scenes for now. The Tories keep scoring massive own goals, the latest being accepting a huge donation from a racist which they will hang on to. Starmer will keep his own dissenters very quiet.........for now.

Keeping up the track record of electing party leaders who are unfit to hold public office and appeasing the right wing nut jobs has driven out the one nation Conservative leader needed to put country before party.

The decline and fall has gone too far to be reversed.
Yeah but Jim It's nice we can now look forward to an era of appeasing the left wing nut jobs. You do know they will inevitably lead to the decline and fall of the Labour party. Rinse / repeat or in your case cut / paste.

Yes, I know how you post. While I’ve only been commenting recently, for various reasons, I’ve been following this Forum on a daily basis for many years. I think I’ve identified the various characters who make this Forum amusing at times. I recognize much of your swagger and choice of phrases from my years in the same service, and your wanting to get folk to “bite”. I guess you’re similar to R&R needing to be recognized.
It's not about 'recognition'...it's about speaking ones mind and not fearing the responses from the Snowflakes and other boring societal elements...plus adding in some light- hearted humour /banter...and historical Cherry anecdotes.
R&R has his own individual and unique agenda...very different to mine...but he also hits on a few truths that some might benefit from at least taking notice of and not just applying blanket dismissal because of his reputational stigma.
I will admit to allowing some of the cruder elements of Military humour and language to infiltrate my random attacks on the Forum...but we all have our imperfections within our character traits.

Yeah but Jim It's nice we can now look forward to an era of appeasing the left wing nut jobs. You do know they will inevitably lead to the decline and fall of the Labour party. Rinse / repeat or in your case cut / paste.
The hypothetical "left wing nut jobs" as you call them are a helluva lot less dangerous to our well being than the very real right wing nut jobs currently trying to run (or should that be ruin?) the country.

It's not about 'recognition'...it's about speaking ones mind and not fearing the responses from the Snowflakes and other boring societal elements...plus adding in some light- hearted humour /banter...and historical Cherry anecdotes.
R&R has his own individual and unique agenda...very different to mine...but he also hits on a few truths that some might benefit from at least taking notice of and not just applying blanket dismissal because of his reputational stigma.
I will admit to allowing some of the cruder elements of Military humour and language to infiltrate my random attacks on the Forum...but we all have our imperfections within our character traits.
Yet another highly truthful synopsis.

The conservative party supporters should be too busy worrying about the future direction of the rump of the party and choosing which is only true blue faction left standing deserving their support.

By all means carry-on but while I'll shut-up on this string, my view remains firm.

The hypothetical "left wing nut jobs" as you call them are a helluva lot less dangerous to our well being than the very real right wing nut jobs currently trying to run (or should that be ruin?) the country.
I don’t know which political party the guy in number 67 or Nutty Norman voted for, but as far as I can tell, a nut job is a nut job.

Expect them to ramp up the anti immigration, anti EV and to use the word "woke" in a a negative connotation at every chance they get.

They need those votes back...

Sky

As had been expected, Armed Forces minister James Heappey has just confirmed he has resigned from the role.

He said he had "loved every minute" as Armed Forces minister, adding: "Our Armed Forces and Ministry of Defence civil servants are the very best of us.

"Representing them in parliament and around the world over last 4.5 years has been an amazing privilege."

Mr Heappey added: "My sincerest thanks to all who serve so brilliantly in our nation's Armed Forces and to the families that stand behind them.

"We're asking a lot of them at the moment - rightly so, the geo-political situation demands it - and we should never forget their sacrifice."

It comes a day after he called for the government to spend more on defence, as it continues to fall short of the 2.5% of GDP - or even more - that many Tory MPs have been calling for.

Robert Halfon, the Conservative MP for Harlow, has confirmed he is resigning as the minister for apprenticeships and skills today.

He will also step down as an MP at the next general election.

The MP's resignation follows hot on the heels of the departure of Armed Forces minister James Heappey, who quit his role minutes before (see 16.00 post).

Mr Halfon said: "After well over two decades as the Harlow parliamentary candidate and as MP, I feel that it is time for me to step down at the forthcoming general election, and in doing so, to resign as a minister in your government."

This means more than 60 Tories have now confirmed they will not stand at the next general election.

And, as our chief political correspondent Jon Craig says, there has been some suggestion "that this number could rise".

Sky

As had been expected, Armed Forces minister James Heappey has just confirmed he has resigned from the role.

He said he had "loved every minute" as Armed Forces minister, adding: "Our Armed Forces and Ministry of Defence civil servants are the very best of us.

"Representing them in parliament and around the world over last 4.5 years has been an amazing privilege."

Mr Heappey added: "My sincerest thanks to all who serve so brilliantly in our nation's Armed Forces and to the families that stand behind them.

"We're asking a lot of them at the moment - rightly so, the geo-political situation demands it - and we should never forget their sacrifice."

It comes a day after he called for the government to spend more on defence, as it continues to fall short of the 2.5% of GDP - or even more - that many Tory MPs have been calling for.

Robert Halfon, the Conservative MP for Harlow, has confirmed he is resigning as the minister for apprenticeships and skills today.

He will also step down as an MP at the next general election.

The MP's resignation follows hot on the heels of the departure of Armed Forces minister James Heappey, who quit his role minutes before (see 16.00 post).

Mr Halfon said: "After well over two decades as the Harlow parliamentary candidate and as MP, I feel that it is time for me to step down at the forthcoming general election, and in doing so, to resign as a minister in your government."

This means more than 60 Tories have now confirmed they will not stand at the next general election.

And, as our chief political correspondent Jon Craig says, there has been some suggestion "that this number could rise".
This was inevitable. Meanwhile Sunak is seen a weak. If he stays in post the Tories could easily be left with low double digit seats come the election, but then a change in leadership won’t make a difference either other than appeasing the very MPs unlikely to be in post after the election.

I have the london mayor election coming up. Another election with little options, no way tories will win, lib dems can't either so it's Sadiq or Sadiq.
I dont believe he's done a bad job particularly, unless you own an old petrol or diesel car. Tough times in London post covid with people working from home and reduced revenues for TFL.

A Tory grassroots campaign has been launched to purge moderate Conservative MPs from the party before the next election.
In a dramatic escalation in tensions within the party, the chief executive of the Conservative Democratic Organisation is calling on Tory members to target centrist MPs in a bid to make the party “more Conservative”.
The move marks the latest attempt by right-wing pressure groups to force the party further to the right in a bid to see off the threat of Reform UK.

The UK is breaching international law by continuing to arm Israel, Rishi Sunak has been warned.

Three former Supreme Court justices are among over 600 lawyers and academics who have signed a 17-page letter to warn the present situation in Gaza is "catastrophic".

The government has been facing growing calls to suspend arms exports to Israel after three British aid workers were killed in an airstrike.

;